All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
From Finnish venue...

All of Morrissey's English and European concerts in July have been moved to the future. The organizer regrets the extra effort of the fans and tries to get a new date as soon as possible.

I requested a refund on Friday from all the European ones. Finland was the only one who have acknowledged me.

I still stay Morrissey's not a racist, but it's not surprising the rabid media/sns complex is trying to character assassinate him as one. Sam should've talked to him about that instead of the importance of memes and Instagram and all that shite.

Almost each time I want to write a short post, King Leer already expressed in a much better way he idea I had in mind,

Lol, you’re such a c***. Quoting Vikernes makes your credibility on anything -1. Yeah, an extreme white nationalist and convicted murderer is really worth listening to, about as much as you are. Burzum f***ing sucks as well, next...

From Finnish venue...

All of Morrissey's English and European concerts in July have been moved to the future. The organizer regrets the extra effort of the fans and tries to get a new date as soon as possible.
In the future when all is well.

Trying to get inside Steve's head here.
His UK arena tour earlier this year was his most successful tour ever. He'd attracted a fair amount criticism before and around then but must have felt he was bulletproof - the fans didn't care what the media were saying.
He then ramped up his support for a far right group with an official endorsement, and seemed to come out in sympathy for Thomas Robinson. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.
The massive impact on his sales, and the strongly worded comments by past well known collaborators/fans (e.g. Marr, Sparks) will now force him to think long and hard about what he's been saying.
I don't think Steve is a bad man (although I too boycotted this tour and the arena one). He has got pretty lazy in his old age, and is just very ignorant about politics and international events. If he actually read the For Britian manifesto he would realise that much of it (ignoring immigration policy) is completely against what he stands for. He will need to swot up on all this stuff, and issue a statement distancing himself from the far right, if he wants to have a future in the music industry. Putting up pictures of black men on his website and quotes from them on his albums isn't really enough. He is so politically naive he just cannot see how all this stuff is linked. Now he is being forced to find out.

It's all very obvious to me. On the last tour he mentioned a few right wing individuals, and the odd statement, that were met with groans from his fans in the audience.

I believe that had he actually said the recent stuff to a room full of fans, a good many would have left in disgust.

I know for a fact that the cancelled dates were very badly sold. He has the choice to reflect on the reasons why. Let's see if he still believes that it takes guts to be gentle and kind.

Bernie Sanders promotes the social reformist ideas i lean towards. It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with thinking.

I suspect Morrissey didn’t endorse Bernie because he cared two bits about his platform, but because Margaret Thatcher scared him into believing a woman other than his mother could ever be in charge.
what social thinking is that? Everyone pays 70% in income taxes for free stuff.
I think Morrissey thought his Bernie support would make him look cool with the next generation of fans.

From Finnish venue...

The Finnish promoter just translated the original statement of the management into Finnish, seems like it took all weekend for them to do that. Kinda funny that the outlets in Finland were still selling tickets yesterday, even if the cancellation was announced on Friday.

From Finnish venue...

That is so good to know. Thank you for this information.

For me Morrissey isn't just a singer, writer, poet and artist I love him as a person as well. Morrissey is old enough to be my father so he is like a father figure to me and I know that other people also see him as father figure as well. I was crying about what this Dave Haslam character has done but I know that he will not win long-term. It really upset me when Dave Haslam said that Morrissey might never tour the UK or Europe ever again! I now know that isn't true. I agree with some of what Morrissey says maybe even most of it. I don't like George Galloway though I think at one point Morrissey said that he liked him but he might of changed his mind about him by now. I don't think that Morrissey is a Christian but he has support within the Christian community. Morrissey has said that he doesn't vote in elections but now he is going to. I believe that Father God does intervene in people's lives when people pray to him. I have had examples of that in my own life.

I just heard Haslan responding on bbc6 radio to Moz's tour cancellation
He said he'd reschedule his hate racism gig if and when Moz reschedule gig in Manchester.

I just heard Haslan responding on bbc6 radio to Moz's tour cancellation
He said he'd reschedule his hate racism gig if and when Moz reschedule gig in Manchester.

Quite right Dave, the far right need t9 be opposed

Lol, you’re such a c***. Quoting Vikernes makes your credibility on anything -1. Yeah, an extreme white nationalist and convicted murderer is really worth listening to, about as much as you are. Burzum f***ing sucks as well, next...
I find him interesting but he does the mistake of being driven by his inner anger so he is in fact wrong on a number of things. Don't agree with his giving birth to children race he has going on with muslims in general cause if he cared so much about the environment he would not have that many kids.

Burzum had one great song and that's it but it is obvious he has pushed all your buttons.

The one thing I dislike the most is the word "we" used when one man is speaking. You "know" nothing. You believe what you believe is true. Others disagree regardless of how they choose to express their faith. Some things are true whether you believe in them or not. To use judgement words like "stupid" displays your narrow mindedness for all to see.

I am not speaking about the facts as you recount them, but rather the need to try and bring the world together today. Two wrongs do not make a right, and the crimes of the past should be redressed in the right way. You seem to me to be the kind of person to completely disregard the works of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela and so many others. Standing up for human rights in a humane way is a method that has been proven effective, and it will again in the hands and through the words of new prophets who value all human life. You are free to hold onto your beliefs and on your death bed (the real one) you will then be proven right or wrong.
Doesn't change the fact you no longer exist!

I find him interesting but he does the mistake of being driven by his inner anger so he is in fact wrong on a number of things. Don't agree with his giving birth to children race he has going on with muslims in general cause if he cared so much about the environment he would not have that many kids.

Burzum had one great song and that's it but it is obvious he has pushed all your buttons.

PRESSED

Yes - offered - not automatically issued to everyone. Normally it's a case of 'you can claim a refund if you want, or your ticket will be honoured at the rescheduled show'. These shows will not be resceduled - certainly not at venues of this size.

Be interesting to see where Morrissey goes when he next decides to return to the UK/European market. Does he go back to playing smaller clubs with lower ticket prices? Swallow his pride and go cap in hand to Marr for a Smiths reformation so he can pull in the mega bucks at stadiums? Or just say 'f*** it', and concentrate on the American market?
There's a club if you'd like to go, it holds about 750 people give or take.

So how would you explain his very succesful February UK Tour then? He hadn’t spouted political ideas up till then?
I think it is just too much too soon!
I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm coming from a sincere place when I say this- in past years, there wasn't such a thing as too much, or too often.

Yep had tickets for the Manchester gig, was taking my daughter as she doesn't get the shite he spouts.

Were you going to the Edinburgh gig?
I do feel for your daughter, but she certainly did get the authentic Morrissey experience her first time out. :(

The Finnish promoter just translated the original statement of the management into Finnish, seems like it took all weekend for them to do that. Kinda funny that the outlets in Finland were still selling tickets yesterday, even if the cancellation was announced on Friday.

First one to refund though :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom