ALO! (Serbian tabloid) mentions skin cancer rumor

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Without even clicking the link...

What does endlessly speculating about what illnesses Morrissey may or may not have accomplish? Nothing. If he wants to divulge anything, he will. Otherwise, it's all just people talking to make themselves feel like they know things they don't.

Thanks for providing the links, it gives me something to go on so I know what you are suggesting.

The sites are all pretty basic forum setups and have pretty low traffic so naturally would not have much abuse. I don't see any specific terms of service on the sites that I could refer to, but overall I don't see any features on these sites that this one doesn't have. If you want a basic site like that with tight moderation, as I'm sure you have heard, http://allyouneedismorrissey.com exists already.

http://curefans.com/index.php
http://www.theelvisforum.com/index.php
thastrom.se

But I don't know how these examples will help you. Are you going to spend hours and hours on there, trying to get to know their clientele?

And I feel I have to repeat myself:
"Do I really have to list a bunch of fan-sites for you to agree that the amount of hatred on here is unusual? Come on, you know what I mean. I know you do.
And perhaps their policies aren't that different, perhaps it's the clientele. Normally you don't spend hours every day talking, thinking and debating things you hate, on a fansite."

The behaviour often shown here is unusual, I don't know why you keep denying that. Were you to behave like that at any other forum, you'd be out quick, I'm sure.

Gregor Samsa;1986896082[B said:
]http://curefans.com/index.php[/B]
http://www.theelvisforum.com/index.php
thastrom.se

But I don't know how these examples will help you. Are you going to spend hours and hours on there, trying to get to know their clientele?

And I feel I have to repeat myself:
"Do I really have to list a bunch of fan-sites for you to agree that the amount of hatred on here is unusual? Come on, you know what I mean. I know you do.
And perhaps their policies aren't that different, perhaps it's the clientele. Normally you don't spend hours every day talking, thinking and debating things you hate, on a fansite."

The behaviour often shown here is unusual, I don't know why you keep denying that. Were you to behave like that at any other forum, you'd be out quick, I'm sure.

Hey, I just went there and it was amazing! People were discussing The Cure! Come to think of it all of the other artist/band related websites I have been to in the past people were generally on topic!

I don't think the problem here though is a lack of moderation, as I don't think The Cure websites or any of the other sights are being heavily moderated. I think we just attract a really low quality group of posters. No idea why.

Either that or my theory advanced before that this is some kind of super meta postmodern performance art project and not actually a Morrissey message board.

Hey, I just went there and it was amazing! People were discussing The Cure! Come to think of it all of the other artist/band related websites I have been to in the past people were generally on topic!

Not too difficult to moderate when there are only 5 posts in the last 2 days!

Wait a minute, aren't you going off-topic right here and perhaps you are part of the problem?

Actually, you are somewhat correct, this is one large sociological experiment, all the Morrissey-related stuff are distractions.

I don't think the problem here though is a lack of moderation, as I don't think The Cure websites or any of the other sights are being heavily moderated. I think we just attract a really low quality group of posters. No idea why.

Either that or my theory advanced before that this is some kind of super meta postmodern performance art project and not actually a Morrissey message board.

Wait a minute, aren't you going off-topic right here and perhaps you are part of the problem?

Actually, you are somewhat correct, this is one large sociological experiment, all the Morrissey-related stuff are distractions.

Touché .

Yes, like I said before it's most likely the clientele. And lack of moderation. Are they even moderating?

And this is not me wanting some dictatorship-like website, that is just some tired old excuse used by some instead of just having a normal debate. I just find the atmosphere here to be very, very strange, the people here (some, at least) often times kind of disgusting and the general attitude of the place pretty destructive. But news wise it's easily top notch!

I discuss Morrissey all the time. The only difference is I've noticed he's become a complete dick and you haven't realised yet.

Yes, like I said before it's most likely the clientele. And lack of moderation. Are they even moderating?

And this is not me wanting some dictatorship-like website, that is just some tired old excuse used by some instead of just having a normal debate. I just find the atmosphere here to be very, very strange, the people here (some, at least) often times kind of disgusting and the general attitude of the place pretty destructive. But news wise it's easily top notch!

Morrissey courts controversy. Morrissey gets controversy. Finds he doesn't like it. Tough. Cause and effect.

When Robert Smith starts running his mouth off in the same way he'll get a similar reaction. It's really extremely simple.

Always with the free-speech-Moz-obsessive BS... Jesus. You think that's what this comes down to? Even though we explain and explain and explain? Damn, talk about one-way-minds. No other explanations gets processed. Incredible.

Like Humane is saying, free speech is used to justify anything, anywhere. Any asshole with a loud voice will always claim free speech, no matter what he/she's saying.

And it's everybody else's responsibility to engage with those people. That's sort of the idea underlying freedom of expression. It's also the cornerstone of a vibrant civil society.

How about just taking on the people you don't agree with on substantive issues, challenging them and showing the weakness of their arguments? Isn't that preferable to being patronised and protected by people in authority?

There's nothing stopping you using it as a news source and posting your comments and 'debate' to a 'proper fan site' like allyouneedismorrissey.com. Is there? The fact that you personally find elements of this site 'disgusting' and 'destructive' is your problem as you choose to engage with it. There's no reason why the site should censor others just to protect your delicate sensibilities.

Many people find Morrissey's comments on various topics to be 'disgusting' and 'destructive' but nobody is preventing him from making them. Like you, he also has no choice but to put up with the feedback that his ludicrous trolling elicits. He's a diva, hissy fit prissy little bitch. He can dish it out but can't take it. So storms off stage! What a dick.

Yes, this site isn't just about 'Morrissey' but about the whole sad spectacle of 'fan worship' and gullible consumer behaviour when purchasing fake rebellion from a snake-oil salesman like Morrissey.

best
BB

its not the substance of whats said its how its expressed. no one i know likes morrissey and a few i know dislike him and were still perfectly able to remain civil while expressing our points. the both of us

Why is it that the people who sees Morrissey in black and white as a "diva, hissy fit prissy little bitch" and/or "a complete dick" see themselves as the voices of reason and everyone else are cultists, worshippers and apologists, to stupid to realise and need to wake up? Why is that? To me this is delusional narrowmindedness.

Up until a month ago or so I wasn't really active here, as you know. I visited the main page regularly for the news, but didn't really engage in conversation or discussion (give or take a few exceptions). I let myself get dragged in, however. I wanted to speak up against some of the hatred shown here. A pretty silly mistake. No one here wants change and the negative forces here are those who basically run the site/sets the tone etc, and these people aren't interested in debate. More often than not they're more into insults and sheer attacks, directed either at us or at Moz himself. We see examples of this every day, especially from Brummie.

Brummie often use Morrissey as a way of justifying his own behaviour. This is the pre-school level of reasoning. "If he does it, why can't I?" Moz says outrageous stuff either on stage to his fans, or in interviews when asked, or on his own website. Slight difference there, BB. He's not trolling on some Royal family fanpage. Day in, day out, day in, day out...ad nauseum.

its been weird this album and its release i think for everyone david included. a lawsuit after a weird incidence that involved him personally along with tons of weird statements from moz like the cancer one. i think personally that he didnt mean to throw it out there the way he did and wanted to take it back. why dont we all just say were confused and of different opinions and perspectives and just come back to the site and conversation/debating with a bit more class and dignity or at least thought,effort and conscientiousness towards not hurting the feelings relating to anyones person or personal character. id be will to suck it up and do that

Why is it that the people who sees Morrissey in black and white as a "diva, hissy fit prissy little bitch" and/or "a complete dick" see themselves as the voices of reason and everyone else are cultists, worshippers and apologists, to stupid to realise and need to wake up? Why is that? To me this is delusional narrowmindedness.

Up until a month ago or so I wasn't really active here, as you know. I visited the main page regularly for the news, but didn't really engage in conversation or discussion (give or take a few exceptions). I let myself get dragged in, however. I wanted to speak up against some of the hatred shown here. A pretty silly mistake. No one here wants change and the negative forces here are those who basically run the site/sets the tone etc, and these people aren't interested in debate. More often than not they're more into insults and sheer attacks, directed either at us or at Moz himself. We see examples of this every day, especially from Brummie.

Brummie often use Morrissey as a way of justifying his own behaviour. This is the pre-school level of reasoning. "If he does it, why can't I?" Moz says outrageous stuff either on stage to his fans, or in interviews when asked, or on his own website. Slight difference there, BB. He's not trolling on some Royal family fanpage. Day in, day out, day in, day out...ad nauseum.

I certainly do NOT use Morrissey to justify my behaviour. It doesn't need justifying. How you can imagine that anyone who calls 1.3 billion Chinese people a 'sub-species' is deserving of politeness is risible.

Morrissey is trolling the Royal Family as he knows his views will be picked up by Royalist papers like The Daily Mail.

Nobody is asking/forcing you to read my comments but you seem unable to just put me on Ignore and get on with your fawning fan-dom.

It's very amusing to still see 'fans' claiming they want to dissipate the 'hate', given the ironic fact that Morrissey began his solo career with an album called 'Viva Hate'. What has become increasingly obvious over the years since is that this was no arch-ironic gesture but a statement of intent.

It's perfectly possible to find Morrissey a remarkable singer and sometimes excellent lyricist whilst also regarding him as perhaps the most egregious dick-head troll on the planet. The fact that he's talented doesn't negate the fact that I also regard him as a "diva, hissy fit prissy little bitch" and/or "a complete dick" when he lets rip with the troll-click-bait drivel. That's my position. I'm not trying to 'debate' it with a gullible fan like you as there's no need for me to do that. It's my opinion. You can disagree. You can call for me to be banned, for this site to fit your morality, or you can just STFU and get on with whatever it is you are trying to do. I'd suggest the final option is the most likely to make you happy. However, I really couldn't care less what you do.

best
BB

I certainly do NOT use Morrissey to justify my behaviour. It doesn't need justifying. How you can imagine that anyone who calls 1.3 billion Chinese people a 'sub-species' is deserving of politeness is risible.

Morrissey is trolling the Royal Family as he knows his views will be picked up by Royalist papers like The Daily Mail.

Nobody is asking/forcing you to read my comments but you seem unable to just put me on Ignore and get on with your fawning fan-dom.

It's very amusing to still see 'fans' claiming they want to dissipate the 'hate', given the ironic fact that Morrissey began his solo career with an album called 'Viva Hate'. What has become increasingly obvious over the years since is that this was no arch-ironic gesture but a statement of intent.

It's perfectly possible to find Morrissey a remarkable singer and sometimes excellent lyricist whilst also regarding him as perhaps the most egregious dick-head troll on the planet. The fact that he's talented doesn't negate the fact that I also regard him as a "diva, hissy fit prissy little bitch" and/or "a complete dick" when he lets rip with the troll-click-bait drivel. That's my position. I'm not trying to 'debate' it with a gullible fan like you as there's no need for me to do that. It's my opinion. You can disagree. You can call for me to be banned, for this site to fit your morality, or you can just STFU and get on with whatever it is you are trying to do. I'd suggest the final option is the most likely to make you happy. However, I really couldn't care less what you do.

best
BB

Why am I a gullible fan just because I don't share your views and your behaviour?

I use this site for the same reason as you, life becomes so much more pleasant once you put him on ignore. As i have said before he uses this site to provoke arguments and put people down. Its a form of bullying. Interestingly he acts normal on other sites he frequents.

He is also a huge Kate Bush fan - so that says it all, he is also not from Birmingham

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom