ALO! (Serbian tabloid) mentions skin cancer rumor

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Without even clicking the link...

What does endlessly speculating about what illnesses Morrissey may or may not have accomplish? Nothing. If he wants to divulge anything, he will. Otherwise, it's all just people talking to make themselves feel like they know things they don't.

Because you seem to be upset and even outraged that other people, like me, do not respect the boundaries you place around acceptable behaviour on a 'fan' site. You appear to feel it's your duty to protect and defend Morrissey from criticism which you think are unfair or unjust. But it's none of your business, other than to argue your positive case for Morrissey which negates the negative critiques of others. I simply don't see you doing that here. You come across as insecure and lacking self-control, constantly having to remind others that you find their views irritating, but without actually putting forward your own views in a coherent manner. In short, you seem to be an attention-seeking troll. A minor troll, not very amusing, but definitely a troll who takes more pleasure in criticising other people than stating their own worldview.

best
BB

Exactly right. I wish that Surface and Gregor were better at expressing themselves in the form of smart, rational, well thought out retorts to what they view as negative comments regarding Morrissey, but instead their posts generally start with pointless name calling and spiral downward from there. I, like many of the regular posters, feel there is nothing "out of bounds" when discussing Moz as he is a public figure and puts himself often times center stage for these discussions based on what he says and does.

Contrary to what they might think or hope, Morrissey-Solo is not strictly a 100% music forum. In my mind, it is a place to discuss all things Morrissey. The good, bad, perceived good, and perceived bad. Even the name of the site would leave no room for The Smiths...yet there are many news stories surrounding the band, and ultimately...who cares??? No one would be here if they were not interested in Morrissey...and the only ticket required for entry to the site is "interest"...nothing more.

Exactly right. I wish that Surface and Gregor were better at expressing themselves in the form of smart, rational, well thought out retorts to what they view as negative comments regarding Morrissey, but instead their posts generally start with pointless name calling and spiral downward from there. I, like many of the regular posters, feel there is nothing "out of bounds" when discussing Moz as he is a public figure and puts himself often times center stage for these discussions based on what he says and does.

Contrary to what they might think or hope, Morrissey-Solo is not strictly a 100% music forum. In my mind, it is a place to discuss all things Morrissey. The good, bad, perceived good, and perceived bad. Even the name of the site would leave no room for The Smiths...yet there are many news stories surrounding the band, and ultimately...who cares??? No one would be here if they were not interested in Morrissey...and the only ticket required for entry to the site is "interest"...nothing more.

:thumb:

I agree with this entirely.

2014 has been both a wonderful and a terrible year for follower's of Morrissey's artistic adventures. Having produced what I regard as a classic album, perhaps his best, he then managed to destroy all that good work by acting like a silly child.

Let's hope that 2015 brings some change in his behaviour so that his warped persona doesn't crowd out any new music. But I'm not holding out. I'll now retire to the background and observe the reasoned, rational 'positive' discussion of Morrissey which this site is famous for when I'm not around. *smirks*

Merry Xmas.
best & bye for now
BB

Here's a suggestion--one that I think will make everyone else happy.

Why don't we break General Discussion up into two forums?

One for music or songs and albums or whatever and another for gossip/whining?

That way people who come here for actual Morrissey news and to discuss his artistic endeavors can have a forum that meets those news and that weird cult that views themselves as being on a moral crusade by posting banalities about a pop singer they don't know on a message board can also have a forum that meets their need?

After reviewing The Cure fan site, that seems like the best idea.

We could possibly have a third "meta" forum for the posters who merely come here to talk about themselves/Morrissey-solo.

What?! I rarely resort to name calling, whereas Johnny and BB does it all the time. I try to reason with the folks here all the time, speaking my mind, trying to debate, but always to no avail. The replies are often times insulting and usually goes something like "apologist, go sing Moz praises, cultist" etc etc.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Some people here get complete immunity and some are spat at no matter what. It's just plain wrong.

I'd expect that the whiners and haters will undoubtedly find reasons to whine and hate in an album thread. But generally I wouldn't mind an extra section exclusively for the music.

Some people here get complete immunity and some are spat at no matter what. It's just plain wrong.

100% horseshit. No one gets special treatment. No one. I've been on this v-bulletin forum 10 years, and there has never been anyone getting 'immunity'. Complete and utter nonsense. No one does. Your fevered brain needs some ibuprofen.

P.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Some people here get complete immunity and some are spat at no matter what. It's just plain wrong.

Free speech all of a sudden is not so free anymore if an anonymous poster tries to get "Uncle Skinny is a retarded c**t" through the filter, which amusingly proves that Uncle Skinny IS a retarded c**t.

Free speech all of a sudden is not so free anymore if an anonymous poster tries to get "Uncle Skinny is a retarded c**t" through the filter, which amusingly proves that Uncle Skinny IS a retarded c**t.

You should stay on topic.
If you want to complain site policy, go to site feedback forum.

The whole conversation has long moved away from the original topic. Funny that you didn't complain earlier.

What makes you to use c-word in here?

If you keep doing so, you will get an infraction soon.

Last edited:
What?! I try to reason with the folks here all the time, speaking my mind, trying to debate, but always to no avail.

Gregor, thank you for responding to my post. I think what JB, BB, RB, etc. are looking for is for you to give actual reasons as to why you disagree with something they write not just respond in generalizations like..that's not right...or...you are just a hater...things to that affect. A good idea might be to highlight in bold the text you want to discuss and then respond specifically to it.

This is just the way I read your posts....like the one above... I can feel extreme frustration right off the bat in your writing. I can almost hear it as if you are out of breath trying to be heard, but no one is listening. I believe JB replied to this already, but I would suggest not getting so emotional in your writing. Try to stick to the topic at hand and reason the point you are trying to make. That might work better.

I am not saying you do this...but one last thing I would try to avoid is using terms like Barleyc**t or other such base language in your posts. Name calling is the quickest way to reduce the value of what you have to say. Keeping things on a higher plane will give your posts more weight. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I agree with this entirely.

2014 has been both a wonderful and a terrible year for follower's of Morrissey's artistic adventures. Having produced what I regard as a classic album, perhaps his best, he then managed to destroy all that good work by acting like a silly child.

Let's hope that 2015 brings some change in his behaviour so that his warped persona doesn't crowd out any new music. But I'm not holding out. I'll now retire to the background and observe the reasoned, rational 'positive' discussion of Morrissey which this site is famous for when I'm not around. *smirks*

Merry Xmas.
best & bye for now
BB

Well, we can agree on one thing BB, wpinoyb is a great work.
Merry Xmas

What makes you to use c-word in here?
Uncleskinny hasn't posted in this thread more than 24 hours.

If you keep doing so, you will get an infraction soon.

My memory is capable of covering more than just the last 24 hours, and what makes me use the word was the need to freely express an opinion, as this is the last bastion of free speech. But since you just made me laugh out loud with your attempt to threaten me, thus contributing to my good mood, I shall promise to not use that word again, unless I'm talking about Morrissey.

Chip, I understand your frustration, but I believe that you can already achieve this for yourself with the tools at hand. I tested it for myself and you can go into your Settings and select those user names that wish to ignore if you find their posts unwelcomed. I myself enjoy reading all the posts...from Benny the British Butcher as I have a low-brow sense of humor up to some that reference English literature, foreign movies, quotations from famous historical figures...all of which sail over my head and are not directly related to Morrissey's music. But still I enjoy reading them. You seem like a nice individual and I have enjoyed your posts as well...hopefully you will find a happy medium here.

Last edited:
I'd expect that the whiners and haters will undoubtedly find reasons to whine and hate in an album thread. But generally I wouldn't mind an extra section exclusively for the music.

People can complain about Morrissey's music. That's fine. But at least they would be complaining about the music. As for playing Fox Mulder about Morrissey's diet, these weird soap opera-esque feuds between posters, or yet another instance of idiotic whining about Morrissey being mean to the Queen, Morrissey must be challenged, or yet another back and forth about something Morrissey said that reasonable people have already thoroughly articulated responses to--that could at least be put in the sideshow forum it deserves.

Of course, this will never happen for reasons that are very obvious at this point.

Chip, I understand your frustration, but I believe that you can already achieve this for yourself with the tools at hand. I tested it for myself and you can go into your Settings and select those user names that wish to ignore if you find their posts unwelcomed. I myself enjoy reading all the posts...from Benny the British Butcher as I have a low-brow sense of humor up to some that reference English literature, foreign movies, quotations from famous historical figures...all of which sail over my head and are not directly related to Morrissey's music. But still I enjoy reading them. You seem like a nice individual and I have enjoyed your posts as well...hopefully you will find a happy medium here.

At a certain point the disruptors or those who have mounted a life crusade to expose a pop singer they don't know on a message board and thus defeat a non-existent cult drives everyone else away and kills all other discussion to the point that simply ignoring them would be the functional equivalent of not coming here at all. Which I've done for a variety of periods since I do feel like I am wasting my time here. This message board is not about Morrissey. It is about a handful of posters and their constant need for attention. This forum is about their personalities not Morrissey's music, not even Morrissey's personality. It's very boring as none of these people are of any interest to me.

At a certain point the disruptors or those who have mounted a life crusade to expose a pop singer they don't know on a message board and thus defeat a non-existent cult drives everyone else away and kills all other discussion to the point that simply ignoring them would be the functional equivalent of not coming here at all. Which I've done for a variety of periods since I do feel like I am wasting my time here. This message board is not about Morrissey. It is about a handful of posters and their constant need for attention. This forum is about their personalities not Morrissey's music, not even Morrissey's personality. It's very boring as none of these people are of any interest to me.

Which part of your comment is about Morrissey's music or even Morrissey's personality? If it's so boring, why don't you just put 'these people' on Ignore? Oh, I see! Although they bore you, you can't resist reading what they have to say so you can nurture your pet grievance and seek attention. If you don't read them, it's as if you haven't visited the site, yet nobody is stopping you from offering an alternative explanatory framework for Morrissey's bizarre behaviours.

As for 'life crusade' and 'expose'. Morrissey has spent 3 decades whining that 'meat is murder' whilst eating cheese, studiously ignoring the equally compelling evidence that 'milk is murder'. Thus, any discussion of such topics is clearly and self-evidently about Morrissey's music (Meat Is Murder) and his personality (onstage/TTY/press rants). Your problem is you do not like the interpretation that some give to some issues as it disturbs your equilibrium. However, that's your problem.

Merry Xmas, Chip
best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom