ALO! (Serbian tabloid) mentions skin cancer rumor

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Without even clicking the link...

What does endlessly speculating about what illnesses Morrissey may or may not have accomplish? Nothing. If he wants to divulge anything, he will. Otherwise, it's all just people talking to make themselves feel like they know things they don't.

Of course, this will never happen for reasons that are very obvious at this point.

r-OBVIOUS-TRAPS-large570.jpg

Gregor, thank you for responding to my post. I think what JB, BB, RB, etc. are looking for is for you to give actual reasons as to why you disagree with something they write not just respond in generalizations like..that's not right...or...you are just a hater...things to that affect. A good idea might be to highlight in bold the text you want to discuss and then respond specifically to it.

This is just the way I read your posts....like the one above... I can feel extreme frustration right off the bat in your writing. I can almost hear it as if you are out of breath trying to be heard, but no one is listening. I believe JB replied to this already, but I would suggest not getting so emotional in your writing. Try to stick to the topic at hand and reason the point you are trying to make. That might work better.

I am not saying you do this...but one last thing I would try to avoid is using terms like Barleyc**t or other such base language in your posts. Name calling is the quickest way to reduce the value of what you have to say. Keeping things on a higher plane will give your posts more weight. Just my two cents.

Proverb: When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are.

I agree with this entirely.

2014 has been both a wonderful and a terrible year for follower's of Morrissey's artistic adventures. Having produced what I regard as a classic album, perhaps his best, he then managed to destroy all that good work by acting like a silly child.

Let's hope that 2015 brings some change in his behaviour so that his warped persona doesn't crowd out any new music. But I'm not holding out. I'll now retire to the background and observe the reasoned, rational 'positive' discussion of Morrissey which this site is famous for when I'm not around. *smirks*

Merry Xmas.
best & bye for now
BB

Like the greatest footballers of all time* - Morrissey wouldn't be the talent he is without the flawed genius.

*I am obviously referring to Frank Worthington

LOL
'why dont WE split the forum....'
You dont own to forum, why dont you go over to TTY and try to split that forum. Mozz will collapse if the reads that sort of nonsense over there.

I've never intentionally defended those statements.

And again with the "if you don't like it, go some place else and worship"-routine. I've said this a million times. It's not a question of worshipping, just because you're questioning the way things are. And Isn't that censoring and/or silencing, by the way? Those who question the regime shall be cast out!

No you all act as if you or Moz owns this site, and neither does.
You all going elsewhere makes best sense, rather than dictate how to run a site you dont own. You all can get a few quid in a pot and start your own site, that nobody will read by he way, and post to you endless delight how everyone that dies is like a KFC chicken.

LOL
'why dont WE split the forum....'
You dont own to forum, why dont you go over to TTY and try to split that forum. Mozz will collapse if the reads that sort of nonsense over there.

Is there a message board at TTY?

- - - Updated - - -

Proverb: When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are.

And therein lies the solution to so many of our problems.

I dont know if TTY has a forum, I dont like that site therefore I dont go over there. But there is no reason it shouldnt have one, email 'Julia' and demand one, but only one moderated in an old line fascist model, which you would like to apply here.

Instead of whining and moaning like babies here, inundate Julia, demanding to kiss Mozz rear via a forum.

I dont know if TTY has a forum, I dont like that site therefore I dont go over there. But there is no reason it shouldnt have one, email 'Julia' and demand one, but only one moderated in an old line fascist model, which you would like to apply here.

Instead of whining and moaning like babies here, inundate Julia, demanding to kiss Mozz rear via a forum.

When have I said anything of the sort?

My only suggestion was after viewing The Cure Forum--which only came to my attention since it was proposed as an alternative fan site to Morrissey-Solo--was to split general discussion into two forums. If you notice The Cure site we were all directed to has a "songs and albums" forum where people solely talk about The Cure's songs and albums. It struck me as a good idea.

As far as TTY goes, I cannot remember the last time I've been to that site (probably following a link someone posted on here) and I, unlike you, have very little interest in it. If you feel they need to have a forum (I could care less) this sounds like a project for you to take up. I was offering a sincere suggestion in response to several other users comments in this thread.

When have I said anything of the sort?

My only suggestion was after viewing The Cure Forum--which only came to my attention since it was proposed as an alternative fan site to Morrissey-Solo--was to split general discussion into two forums. If you notice The Cure site we were all directed to has a "songs and albums" forum where people solely talk about The Cure's songs and albums. It struck me as a good idea.

As far as TTY goes, I cannot remember the last time I've been to that site (probably following a link someone posted on here) and I, unlike you, have very little interest in it. If you feel they need to have a forum (I could care less) this sounds like a project for you to take up. I was offering a sincere suggestion in response to several other users comments in this thread.

LOL. Take your findings and proposals re the Cure forum to TTY. Or better yet, start your own website, if you all are skin you can start a facebook page to whine and cry about Solo all day and all night. ( how cute how you all call solo 'so low').

LOL. Take your findings and proposals re the Cure forum to TTY. Or better yet, start your own website, if you all are skin you can start a facebook page to whine and cry about Solo all day and all night. ( how cute how you all call solo 'so low').

Given your interest in this site have you considered registering an account?

This is exactly my point. Insults.

As far as discussions go, I've always tried to stay rational for the sake of the debate. Therefor I think evennow's arguments regarding my rhetoric are off the mark. I don't scream, rarely use profanity, even more rarely resort to ad hominems (something that BB does often, but never gets called out on). I try reasoning. But the narrowmindedness that permeates this place is impossible to cut through.

This is exactly my point. Insults.

As far as discussions go, I've always tried to stay rational for the sake of the debate. Therefor I think evennow's arguments regarding my rhetoric are off the mark. I don't scream, rarely use profanity, even more rarely resort to ad hominems (something that BB does often, but never gets called out on). I try reasoning. But the narrowmindedness that permeates this place is impossible to cut through.

But it IS possible to cut through: filters, settings, user blocks. Evennow and many others have pointed this out evenhandedly numerous times in the thread. You have some ownership of how you view and interact here with those whose opinions differ. Personally, I would agree to disagree at this point and move on, as it would seem you are set in your position and clearly not winning over those you are trying to address. At the end of the day, it's the internet: is it worth getting frustrated over? Especially when it's within your remit to lessen your own frustration?

I hear you, but I kinda like the kid. For some reason I picture him in his early 20's with all the passion and exuberance that youth brings. I think the site could use a few more positive posters regarding Morrissey and his work...they seem to be few and far between as many have instead taken to trying to avenge the negativity that others write.

I hear you, but I kinda like the kid. For some reason I picture him in his early 20's with all the passion and exuberance that youth brings. I think the site could use a few more positive posters regarding Morrissey and his work...they seem to be few and far between as many have instead taken to trying to avenge the negativity that others write.

Yes! I find the negativity to be a pain in the arse but there's no point trying to debate against it because you're dealing with people who have an agenda, if you make a point proving that they'll just post bury your comment with lots of nonsense posts in a row without replying to it. You're never going to talk them around, you'll just get sucked into some endless loop of bullshit.

Given your interest in this site have you considered registering an account?

My greatest wish for this site would be for everyone to register with only one account so that you can get at least a cursory understanding of each poster. With ANONs it is like firing from the weeds, never knowing from which direction the shot is coming, but at the same time I have heard that some people may have more than one user name here and even may have conversations with themselves which muddies the waters.

This conversation has been had many times before, but since it is Christmas..the time of wishes...I will make the one above knowing I have a better chance of finding a new, bright red bike under my tree Christmas morning. ;)

Yes! I find the negativity to be a pain in the arse but there's no point trying to debate against it because you're dealing with people who have an agenda, if you make a point proving that they'll just post bury your comment with lots of nonsense posts in a row without replying to it. You're never going to talk them around, you'll just get sucked into some endless loop of bullshit.

Now...that doesn't sound appetizing at all. :sick: I agree with what Jamie wrote above...the best course of action is just not to respond to those who you feel have an agenda. I personally don't think anyone here seriously has an "agenda" rather a firm, unrelenting, grip on their beliefs i.e. meat = milk = cheese = murder for one. Playing up his cancer scare for publicity another...the list goes on and on. When you enter the lions den you better be prepared for the consequences. I prefer to be in the stands watching :popcorn: rather than in the arena. This a public forum after all and not our mother's home. Civility and respect be damned I suppose.

Now...that doesn't sound appetizing at all. :sick: I agree with what Jamie wrote above...the best course of action is just not to respond to those who you feel have an agenda. I personally don't think anyone here seriously has an "agenda" rather a firm, unrelenting, grip on their beliefs i.e. meat = milk = cheese = murder for one. Playing up his cancer scare for publicity another...the list goes on and on. When you enter the lions den you better be prepared for the consequences. I prefer to be in the stands watching :popcorn: rather than in the arena. This a public forum after all and not our mother's home. Civility and respect be damned I suppose.

When you've been reading the same shite that takes over every thread for a few more months you might be feeling a little less civil!

If you put everyone on ignore there wouldn't be a lot left because a handful of people just drown everything else out. I don't think the mods should ban anyone or delete anything but it might be handy to have a thread about milk and cheese that the mods could just move everything into that relates to that so when you're trying to read about, say a gig in Dublin, you aren't reading ten pages about cheese and if you want to read about the last album you aren't reading twenty pages about people arguing about cheese. Either that or just rename the forum to something about cheese.

When you've been reading the same shite that takes over every thread for a few more months you might be feeling a little less civil!

If you put everyone on ignore there wouldn't be a lot left because a handful of people just drown everything else out. I don't think the mods should ban anyone or delete anything but it might be handy to have a thread about milk and cheese that the mods could just move everything into that relates to that so when you're trying to read about, say a gig in Dublin, you aren't reading ten pages about cheese and if you want to read about the last album you aren't reading twenty pages about people arguing about cheese. Either that or just rename the forum to something about cheese.

Can't disagree with you here. It does get overwhelming and overwhelmingly off topic at times. Not sure of the logistics of the whole thing, but maybe something new like you describe above could be implemented. Sub-articles that spin off of news articles that would...let's say...move all posts with the word "cheese" or other off topic words to their own thread that could be accessed from the main page under the main article. The problem is that Morrissey selling Meat is Murder stencils for profit and with criminal instruction, or his claims of cancer without mention of degree leaves a wide birth for discussion that is for all intents and purposes on topic. However, the repetition of thought seems to be quite the rage at present.

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Most likely it is as people suspect, since it's a tabloid. But TMZ is also known as a tabloid and the recent bodyguard lawsuit turned out to be true, even when a supposed insider insisted the story was made up. Looking at this article from 2013:

Morrissey opens up about nearly ‘dying’ after coughing up ‘black blood’ - Metro (July 2013)

Maybe they mixed up refusing a transfusion with chemotherapy.

^^Getting back on topic...I think this is the case.
The same Chilean interview Metro.uk quotes has the "dying on stage vs on a sofa full of crumbs" quote as well.

Also, in the Hot Press interview back in August, Morrissey says:

"Every pill that you take does you some kind of damage. Even pills you take for cancer actually kill you before the cancer does."

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom