Alternate artwork for 'Low In High School'

40784_lihs_alternate.jpg

Almost worthy of Terrace Stomp... ;)

Posted on the OffMoz FB page. The 'art print' offered by HMV with Green vinyl.

Same kid í think, so probably another Tony Molina shot.

So now all í have to do is print off a dozen or so of these and replace the official art with alternate.

Stereo...For the man who has nothing...

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
His parents popped out babies in a poop-hole and now those babies have their hands full. The burden is on them. The world only becomes a worse place to live in. His parents screwed him over and wanted people to congratulate them.

:baby::praying:

My parents are a handful??

Not to be one of those kind of jerks, but I didn't get into Morrissey to be pounded over the head with his opinions on politics. That being said, I fully support his right as an artist to go in whatever direction he chooses, sonically and lyrically. He used to be able to make strong political points with humor and grace, and I don't get the new style of "Don't vote, don't watch the news" and so on. It seems strangely impotent to me in all of its directness.

In other words, it's f***ing shite.
The music is shite.
The artwork is shite.
The lyrics are blunt and disingenuous at best.

Have people seriously forgotten how brilliant Morrissey used to be? And I mean Morrissey as a solo artist, not The Smiths, before the usual suspects jump on this post, which I expect they will anyway.

Yes, I am a Morrissey fan, and a huge Smiths fan, and an obsessive collector, I am all of these things.
And this is exactly why it bothers me so much, it's because I care, not because I hate him.

In other words, it's f***ing shite.
The music is shite.
The artwork is shite.
The lyrics are blunt and disingenuous at best.

Have people seriously forgotten how brilliant Morrissey used to be? And I mean Morrissey as a solo artist, not The Smiths, before the usual suspects jump on this post, which I expect they will anyway.

Yes, I am a Morrissey fan, and a huge Smiths fan, and an obsessive collector, I am all of these things.
And this is exactly why it bothers me so much, it's because I care, not because I hate him.
I will be many things, but I won't be a Morrissey apologist. Any artist has disappointing phases that you might not like. But some people will. I don't even know if I can say it's shit, because art is subjective to the individual. I can say that I think he's been steadily losing what I value in his music since Years of Refusal. I can hear it in a handful of songs since then, but it's a small handful.

Show me an anarcho-punk that's stayed true to their roots in their late 50s! And honestly, anyone who claims a genre as their own after a certain age just kind of makes me sad. I just want to pat them on the head and say "There, there. I know. Your identity."

EDIT: And I suppose I value lyrics that can be interpreted in many ways above blunt bludgeoning directness.
don't know how you define 'stayed true to their roots' but Penny here must be in his late 50's... :thumb:

great doc by the way.

Show me an anarcho-punk that's stayed true to their roots in their late 50s! And honestly, anyone who claims a genre as their own after a certain age just kind of makes me sad. I just want to pat them on the head and say "There, there. I know. Your identity."

EDIT: And I suppose I value lyrics that can be interpreted in many ways above blunt bludgeoning directness.

Well, The Subhumans, Doom and Chaos UK are still doing it. Along with many others I can't bring to mind right now.

obviously a reference to Jobriaths first band... PIDGEON

... or not.

Now, I do love the sleeve of that record!

I first heard that album about 15 years ago. Back then a group of Jobriath fans were trading bootleg CDs ripped from vinyl as they weren’t commercially available. Was never into folk back then. I think if I listened again now it would appeal a lot more.

Well I think people are also taking his suggestion for his friends to stop watching the news as never watch the news again. I took it as stop watching the news call out of work and spend the day in bed. As if it's a suggestion for a break. I mean he chose Larry king to give his one interview to so he must be aware of and have watched some news. People are very sensitive to the whole fake news campaign right now and I think some are upset here because of it

I will be many things, but I won't be a Morrissey apologist. Any artist has disappointing phases that you might not like. But some people will. I don't even know if I can say it's shit, because art is subjective to the individual. I can say that I think he's been steadily losing what I value in his music since Years of Refusal. I can hear it in a handful of songs since then, but it's a small handful.

That's probably the most honest and fairest assessment I've seen here on solo

what is the significance of "for the man who has nothing" under Stereo on the top right?
And why does it need to say "stereo" anyway? I mean, aside from Beatles reissues, is anything ever released in mono?

There was no place for "but ears" under "for the man who has nothing". :)
But they (or he?) decided to let it stay there for some mysterious reasons. A hasty job, probably.
What about the " man "?
It's not for a woman who has nothing? :eek:
You're gonna get in trouble for this Moz.
It should have been a gender-neutral word. :o

Now, I do love the sleeve of that record!

I first heard that album about 15 years ago. Back then a group of Jobriath fans were trading bootleg CDs ripped from vinyl as they weren’t commercially available. Was never into folk back then. I think if I listened again now it would appeal a lot more.

the album is so-so. This song 'RUBBER BRICKS' was released 1969 as a single only, the b-side 'PRISON WALLS', the band soon after broke up... and Jobriath went solo. 'Rubber Bricks' my favorite of the Pidgeon songs and to me points to what he will do as a solo artist.

Joe Slee please save us from Morrissey's nephew, this is awful, such a poor excuse for a sleeve, some art school rejects idea of quality, so sad, are his whole set blind and they all yes men!

Blood is thicker than water with those Irish roots.
Family comes first? :o

So apparently it is the first 1000 UK orders that receive the artwork... Which is definitely just art work.

don't know how you define 'stayed true to their roots' but Penny here must be in his late 50's... :thumb:

great doc by the way.

I admit, I was being fairly sarcastic, having watched the members of my sizable local punk community age and mellow, and fall into the system one by one. One of the most window smashing, protesting, all around up-the-ass-of-the-establishment punks I know turned into a real estate agent in a suit, for crying out loud. 2 kids, minivan, the works. I know there are a few bands out there still holding what's left of the torch. :)

So this is the artwork for royalists.

Very cute kid. He already is a star, he will be a super star.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom