Amanda Palmer is sick and cancels Morrissey's San Jose gig

She's just posted it on her blog..

i am sick, i am canceling morrissey, and i am sad - Patreon

Excerpt:

...i don’t know what f***ing tick ruined my week, but f*** that tick. the tick bite may have happened the day outside near the woods at anthony’s memorial, or i may have been punished for rollicking around on the grass in upstate new york the week before. i’ll never know. i don’t care. i forgive the tick. the ticks are hungry. i am food. we are all one. whatever.

i was really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to opening for morrissey. the gig of a lifetime, basically, and if you know me, you know why.

i got out of the hospital on tuesday, i crossed my fingers, stayed in bed, drank all the fluids, took all the tylenol, wished all the wishes, and hoped that i would recover quickly.

no such luck. it seems it’s not even the lyme disease itself which is holding me back: it’s the f***ing spinal tap.

(insert spinal tap joke HERE)

in the hours after getting the successful tap on sunday, i developed a debilitating headache, which they say is normal, especially for preggo ladies.

but it doesn’t FEEL normal, it feels like i’ve got the world’s least-deserved hangover. when I lie down, i’m relatively fine.
when i sit up or walk around for longer than about thirty seconds, it feels like I spent the night raging with a half bottle of tequila, plus a few wines, plus jager shots. plus jello shots. plus grain alcohol shots. plus everybody’s cigarettes. plus snorting mystery powders. like, the kind of night where everything blurs and you just start consuming whatever substances happen to float your way.

THAT KIND OF HANGOVER.

in a nutshell, it’s really painful. and it doesn’t seem to be abating very quickly.

i made the call yesterday. i can’t do the gig. it’d be ridiculous. i can barely get out of bed, i don’t know how i’d get on a plane, and even if neil was a hero and let me sleep prone/supine on his lap the entire trip, i’m literally not sure i’d be able to make it through the show.

i also feel really scared about this poor little kid in my belly. he’s already been through so much. watching his heartbeat waver up and down while i had a fever was frightening. i felt like i was already being a bad mother, and i haven’t given birth yet. the kid’s been infused with more strange emotions and drama in the past few months than any fetus really should have to endure. i should be like, nesting and gardening and knitting and pickling things, whistling cat stevens to myself while i patiently wait for the arrival of my bundle of joy. instead this fetus has been dragged from hospital to deathbed to hospital. he certainly hasn’t gotten the rose-colored version. this is life, kid. people get sick and die. welcome to earth, baby!

so i am doing the Totally Adult Thing. i’m canceling the morrissey gig, i’m staying in bed, and while i’m pretty f***ing sad about it, it’s also a no-brainer.

for any of you who were traveling from afar to see the AFP/morrissey gig…for all of you who have been looking forward to this moment as much as me….i’m so, so sorry.

they can't refund tickets (as i'm the opening act)...i hope all you still go, and i hope the moz blows your heads off with his great mozzy epicness, and i hope you forgive me if this wound up screwing up your life at all.

i’m especially sad you guys won’t get to see the great liv bruce in action, on the drums. he has already flown out to the west coast and was primed for action to take the stage with me. we’ll have to make it up to you, somehow.

i wrote a nice apology letter to morrissey. i feel sad. i hope he isn’t angry. i was looking forward to this so, so much.
and that’s the weather...

16087846257682631168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to one of the press who's covering the show. Says Morrissey is still going on at 9pm without the opening act. Take it for what it's worth. They're being hardasses with what you can bring in. Hoping my standard method can get the recording gear in. -MR

'Transmit vegan love vibes'? What, while she lies in bed stuffing her face with lobster? She has GOT to be taking the piss, right?

No no no !
The way I understand it is you just say things like " sometimes I say vegetarian when I mean vegan " or " sometimes I say milk when I mean coconut milk " ! Sometimes we say meat free gigs when in fact we serve cheese paninis/burgers/sushi
So sometimes we say lobster sandwiches when in fact we mean quorn fish finger butties !

Are you getting the hang of this

Look meat is murder ! Ok ! Cause Silly Steven says so !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

At least she didn't use the old "burst pipes" excuse...

Get well soon Amanda.
You may be sad at the mo but this is a blessing in disguise, believe me !
Wayne Newton is a freekin control freek !
One day he loves you the next he hates you.
Brummie and Benny have him by the short and curlies, he's a frikin CrankFraud.
Even his band hate him behind his back.

Kristeen

Alarming thing is, this is just like the emails Kristeen Young has been sending for the last 10 years. Her drummer is a real prick as well, when he wasn't with Kristeen the only job he could get was as a barman..Dull ass
The sad thing for Kristeen is she is only ever going to be remembered as the loud mouth bitch support act that got fired twice and thats only by a few die hards

Don't be surprised if you get a phone call from Wayne's people my dear, love to have you back on board , he's been lost without you.
FAN.

If this is real, this is even more f***ed up than the fake Kristeen post- it is fake.She is too scared to put her name to anything, she told a friend she would drop her band at a moments notice to be back on board.
The truth is, it was during the Kristeen years that Morrissey was "Lost" everyone with a clue, knows that. Not only did he have a bitch of a PA but he had Kristeen and Tony trying to f*** him over. Its since those three have gone that Morrissey has got better
You might want to remember that Kristeen was only ever a support singer he was fond of,mainly because of her sickness and desperation for fame. She was never ever ever a close friend of any description, though the crazy bitch did try to pretend to anyone who would listen, that they were.
She is now touring with FEA the "Other Two" form Morrisseys other support band, very desperate. Morrissey's support bands coming together, talk about not being able to make it on your own. Amanda Palmer will never be.

No, because it is fact. No other reason.

Sorry sometimes I say meat, when in fact I mean the Cockney rhyming slang term " plates of meat " (Feet).

Example.

" Jesus Christ my plates of meat are murder today they're killing me, I'm going to have to go back to wearing leather shoes, but I'll feel such a CrankFraud if I do "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I recently got ticks stuck to me after visiting the canyon preserve. I had never seen a tick so I had no idea why bugs were sticking to me. Luckily, I didn't get Lyme Disease. I heard a speaker on the radio say that if you get Lyme Disease, your body's immunity system can take care of it. If not, then antibiotics will do the trick. I wonder why she had a spinal tap! (To rule out meningitis, I know, but not worth it!) My dog's vet said that a tick has to stick to you for 36 hours before you can get Lyme Disease anyway.

But why does Amanda send out "vegan love vibes" after saying, "THEY HAD LOBSTER ROLLS ON THE HOSPITAL MENU ON MONDAY. i ate a lobster roll."

BEING BOILED HURTS. :(

Looks like Lyme Research has a social media poster child:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom