Amy Winehouse is dead

Re: Amy Winehouse dead @ 27

And the Norway tragedy pales into insignificance compared to what's happening in Africa.If you felt so strongly,perhaps better to start a thread rather than come on this one ?

Shhh...that would make too much sense.

And the Norway tragedy pales into insignificance compared to what's happening in Africa.If you felt so strongly,perhaps better to start a thread rather than come on this one ?

We refer yo to the reply given in the case of Arkell vs Pressdram

I'm sure you'll be very popular in Norway with such a casual dismissing of a national tragedy. Nice one.

I'm sure you'll be very popular in Norway with such a casual dismissing of a national tragedy. Nice one.

I wasn't dismissing the Norwegian story at all,I did call it a TRAGEDY. I was just pointing out that if YOU felt so strongly about it,start your own thread on it.

There is a big difference between expressing opinion and being a classless, tactless attention whore.

Well said, well said indeed.
The girl had talent and yes she had issues and those issues killed her. Her death is sad not because she was famous but because she had so much to give.

I wasn't dismissing the Norwegian story at all,I did call it a TRAGEDY. I was just pointing out that if YOU felt so strongly about it,start your own thread on it.

I wouldn't be so crass

As you'd be very popular with Amy Winehouse's family/friends with the unnecessary, classless malevolence that you feel is important to type out.

It's not a tragedy competition.

Did she really? Have you got psychic abilities that enables you you to pre-empt a post mortem?

You're right, I'm sure I'm just jumping to absurd conclusions. Only her undertaker knows for sure.

Funny too how you quote another addict.
Hank wasn't a drug addict, he was an alcoholic, but he controlled it, he wrote through it, he enjoyed it and he never felt shame or regret. And he made art until he died. Literally. Even in the last stages of leukemia, he wrote poems about chemo. Comparing him to that useless piece of trash who couldn't keep herself in check based simply on the fact that they both were both "addicts" of one kind or another (in your mind) grossly betrays your simplistic, tee-total view of the world.

Very, very classy mate. I hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

I don't post here to feel better about myself. I meant what I said and I said what I meant: it's that simple. Boosting my own self-esteem never entered into my mind. It clearly plays into your own motives, though.

el2ous.jpg

There you go...lob a .GIF at me because you are too dense to articulate an actual linguistic response about how you feel and why my post was in bad taste. God bless the pop-culture junkies.
I'm curious...when you read, is it picture books, or actual literature?

:laughing:

Must be dark up there. And smelly.

Where I'm from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.

What a sad individual you are for posting this. I think you need help.

Oh, clearly. I must be "mentally ill" because I wrote something you find distasteful.

God almighty, you guys are the biggest bunch of softies I've ever seen. Doesn't ANY of you have any gusto, any fight, any moxie?

So says someone with 1,215 posts in 3 months.

I'm so sorry, Bluebirds...what post count do you feel would be acceptable for someone who has been here for that duration of time? How rude of me not to defer to your sensibilities and forum etiquette;I didn't realize the neighbors were starting to talk. Forgive me if I crossed the line; I'm too crass and attention-hungry to know any better.

Its not a tragedy competition no, all I was trying to do was put a little perspective on the not really that shocking death of Amy Winehouse

Is it a sad indictment on the celebrity obsessed times we live in that the tragic accidental death of the troubled singer/ tabloid star Amy Winehouse (who none of us actually knew) is worthy of a four page thread yet one of the most heinous crimes of recent memory where innocent kids are hunted down and executed was not even seen fit to be worthy of a tribute/ thread/ post? By anyone here?

Apologies if I've hijacked the thread by trying to impart what I feel is a tragic, shocking and truly sad event. Which I have now allegedly turned into a tragedy competition.

Maybe I should start reading Heat magazine again. To get some perspective on what is really important.

Its not a tragedy competition no, all I was trying to do was put a little perspective on the not really that shocking death of Amy Winehouse

Is it a sad indictment on the celebrity obsessed times we live in that the tragic accidental death of the troubled singer/ tabloid star Amy Winehouse (who none of us actually knew) is worthy of a four page thread yet one of the most heinous crimes of recent memory where innocent kids are hunted down and executed was not even seen fit to be worthy of a tribute/ thread/ post? By anyone here?

Apologies if I've hijacked the thread by trying to impart what I feel is a tragic, shocking and truly sad event. Which I have now allegedly turned into a tragedy competition.

Maybe I should start reading Heat magazine again. To get some perspective on what is really important.

The death of one person isn't any more or less tragic than the death of 84, or 84000.
If you don't care about the death of one person, how does increasing the number make it more important. Does that mean the Holocaust is more important than this Norway kerfuffle?

For the record, we're bummed about Amy in Norway too.

The death of one person isn't any more or less tragic than the death of 84, or 84000.
If you don't care about the death of one person, how does increasing the number make it more important. Does that mean the Holocaust is more important than this Norway kerfuffle?

f*** this for a game of toy soldiers. A f***ing lunatic going round executing kids and young people is, as I stated, one of the most heinous crimes of RECENT MEMORY.

Where have I stated I don't care about Amy Winehouse's death? I may have belittled the circumstances of her death but for the record her death is a terrible shame.

All I was trying to bring to the thread was some perspective with my original post as people wittered on about "the saddest news" etc etc when the day before innocent people have been summarily assassinated by a nutter which noone had yet seen fit to mention on this website. Instead I get accused of turning her death into a tragedy competition, have my comment belittled by someone who obviously has a superiority complex to make a snide comment after a reasonable post and generally get abused for having some shred of humanity.

Apologies for having some concern about the state of humanity and the capability of the human condition on a Morrissey related website? Who'd have thought it?

Or as Saint and f***ing Greavsie would put it;
Football? It's a funny old game.

Maybe I’ll start spewing my personal bullshit all over the forum and type out unnecessary ten paragraph rants. That would be so much more exciting.

I would speculate that there are reasons more than obsession with celebrity as to why there's a four page thread about this and not about the events in Norway. The whole thing is awful and shocking and disgusting, so much so that I think some people may find it easier to comment on and process the isolated death of one tabloid regular than a massacre of that kind. I was also surprised that there wasn't a thread about Norway, but talking about something with less implications for the world as a whole may just be a way for some to more personally consider what is an overwhelmingly horrible act of terrorism. I'm not saying that's necessarily the right way to deal with it, by not outwardly addressing the issue at all, just that it may be a contributing factor- not for everyone, of course. Just thought I'd add my 2p.

Eerie, a few days before her death. She looks quite well here, a little tipsy maybe. She's doing much better beyond, though. I wouldn't worry about her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Winhouse and Ghostface Killah - You Know I'm No Good (Remix) (Wu Tang is for the children)

Amy Winhouse and Ghostface Killah - You Know I'm No Good (Remix) (Wu Tang is for the children)

I hope she does another remix with ODB and kicks it down from heaven.

I hope she does another remix with ODB and kicks it down from heaven.

ODB is for the children....
Brooklyn Zoo is a staple on my iPod/iPhone
Little known fact... Amy and ODB appeared on the same album together... Mark Ronson's Version... she sings Valerie and ODB is featured on a reworked version of Toxic which uses his vocals from Lift Ya Skirt. It's quite brilliant actually.

Back
Top Bottom