Morrissey Central "An Afternoon Nostalgia" (December 30, 2020)

Okay. Someone earlier in the thread said they had gone to school with Morrissey’s niece in the mid-1980s. Perhaps it was a girl with the same surname who was milking the association, kind of like an adolescent version of the guy who famously claimed to be Stanley Kubrick. Or the poster was just f*cking with us.
I thought Moz only had two nephews, wasn’t aware he had a niece?

964e2c28e8c93d9bda897eb5e1281c53.gif

Just NO.

I thought Moz only had two nephews, wasn’t aware he had a niece?

It would appear that Morrissey does not have a niece, despite a guest poster called Desolate claiming to have gone to school with such a person. GirlAfraid&c. has put forward the notion that the daughter of one's cousin can be considered one's niece. Personally I have never heard of such a custom, but there are always cultural differences. I am in the diaspora, and maybe it's different in Ireland or England. "Feck arse."

It would appear that Morrissey does not have a niece, despite a guest poster called Desolate claiming to have gone to school with such a person. GirlAfraid&c. has put forward the notion that the daughter of one's cousin can be considered one's niece. Personally I have never heard of such a custom, but there are always cultural differences. I am in the diaspora, and maybe it's different in Ireland or England. "Feck arse."
What kind of people live in these houses, one can only presume,
“Feck arse” they could have done that as well....
wide to receive,
Or i keep mine hidden “just to be on the safe side”🥳🥳🥳🥳

Are you from the Jewish community then ?

And no to you too.
You’d love it Hofmann,
I’d be your sweet and tender Hooligan....
Express yourself don’t regress yourself....😜
I know a closeted Queen when I see one , your knob is so far up your own arse, that your eyes are cockeyed......
Quentin crisp that you are....
Gis a kiss honey.....
You know you want Rough trade Carlisle cummmm.......

I didn't mean that a cousin's daughter is usually called a "niece", but maybe the poster wasn't aware of the precise nature of the family relationship.

No. I am something of a philo-Semite, but I cannot claim any Jewish ancestry. I was referring to the Irish diaspora.
Oh, ok then ... only asking as I was unsure.....
I was educated in a Roman Catholic setting..... nuns, priests n shit....
Parents came from the terrified lot from their era , where if you never attended church on a Sunday , you would be condemned to hell before you even ever got a snog....
never mind getting married....
I’ve no time for religion, just like actors .... it’s all very false to me ..
saying that the one film I did manage to get through was .. Good night Mr Tom .... with John Thaw..

4king hell that was depressing ,
I think that’s why I stuck with it ,
And the plot was easy to understand.....
good times for a change😎

Oh, ok then ... only asking as I was unsure.....
I was educated in a Roman Catholic setting..... nuns, priests n shit....
Parents came from the terrified lot from their era , where if you never attended church on a Sunday , you would be condemned to hell before you even ever got a snog....
never mind getting married....
I’ve no time for religion, just like actors .... it’s all very false to me ..
saying that the one film I did manage to get through was .. Good night Mr Tom .... with John Thaw..

4king hell that was depressing ,
I think that’s why I stuck with it ,
And the plot was easy to understand.....
good times for a change😎

My mother was educated at Catholic school in the 1940s and 50s, and she can remember having her knuckles struck with a ruler by a nun: a punishment for her cursive script being an iota less than perfect. My poor grandmother would run to confession if she thought for a moment she might've gossipped on the phone. For some reason, the Irish strain of Catholicism is very severe, Jansenistic, and fideistic—it's the hellfire sermon in James Joyce and whatnot. But my memories of the Catholicism of my own youth (the 1970s and 80s) are of a Church declawed by Vatican II, reduced to felt banners, brightly-lit circular churches, and gooey pablum. "F*cking hell that was depressing" too.

Like you, I'm done with it also. And for some reason, we now have Morrissey wearing a Rosary around his neck in his urbi et orbi New Year's message. I liked it better when he wore the cassock and Roman collar. He was a handsome priest.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom