An old photo of Moz and his mum

MrShoes

Subscriber
Cvys1JfW8AEOXtQ.jpg

Just a photo I had never seen before of Moz and his mother way back when.

This any many other interesting photos credited from this twitter feed: https://twitter.com/SkuulFlower

MrShoes

Recent:

The Mother/NME pic was circulated here around 2008 and scanned by Mozmal.
Regards,
FWD.

Nice to see his family still going to see him live.

Random question, but does anybody know what happened to his dad? Is he still alive?

Nice to see his family still going to see him live.

Random question, but does anybody know what happened to his dad? Is he still alive?
Still alive - seen at the RAH '02 gig with my own eyes.

From Mozipedia:
"During The Smiths, detailed interrogation on the subject of his dad (to whom he bears a strong facial resemblance) was fiercely deflected, though there was enough insinuation to suggest an understandably emotionally complex relationship.
'He works in a hospital,’ Morrissey explained in 1987, ‘but he isn’t a brain surgeon. He’s a porter, which isn’t quite the same scale.’ Peter Morrissey would still be immensely proud of his son (‘he has T-shirts and cassettes’) and his presence at Morrissey’s September 2002 Albert Hall shows alone would suggest that theirs isn’t quite the dramatic ‘estrangement’ of East Of Eden proportions often inferred by some biographers.
Nevertheless, the breakdown in his parents’ marriage has had a lifelong effect on Morrissey; he often refers to it as instrumental in his notoriously pessimistic view of loving human relationships. ‘My parents got divorced when I was 17 though they were working towards it for many years,’ he’d claim. ‘Realising that your parents aren’t compatible, I think, gives you a premature sense of wisdom that life isn’t easy and it isn’t simple to be happy. Happiness is something you’re very lucky to find. So I grew up with a serious attitude.’
When asked how his parents felt about such comments in the press, Morrissey calmly argued that they agreed with him. ‘They don’t leap back in horror or pin me against the wall and scream, “What have you been saying?” They don’t have that kind of attitude. They’re quite realistic and intellectual people. I did voice it to them some years ago. They weren’t shocked to see it in blazing print.’
I love them both very much,’ he stressed, ‘but I didn’t raise them, and I can’t really alter the past. It’s nothing unique. Millions upon millions of people come from “damaged backgrounds”, shall we say. Mine wasn’t so much damaged as merely nothing at all.’
Of all his family, Morrissey’s closest relationship is with his mother. Nobody has exerted greater influence upon his life, and his career, than Elizabeth Dwyer, a former assistant librarian. Born 13 November 1937, she was only 21 when her only son was born. ‘She’s not an old mum,’ Morrissey boasted. ‘She’s only 20 years older than I am. My parents were very young when they had kids so they’re not old, dotty, doting parents.’"

Regards,
FWD.

During the Royal Albert Hall concert in '02 my girlfriend and I took a wander as our seats were awful. At one point we stumbled into a private box. A very distinguished looking mature couple were sitting there watching the show. A few others were with them. We watched a half a song from this vantage point and though nobody told us to leave we thought it the decent thing to do, and the couple were very good natured and polite to us as we naughtily said goodbye. We wondered what such a couple were doing at a Moz gig - Royal Albert Hall members perhaps taking a punt on something different? Then years later I read that both his parents attended the gig that night...

I reckon this is the first photo I have seen of Uncle Steve and his mom and sister not at The White House, The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, or Disneyland. I reckon me don't don't know why John would be so far away from Moz Angeles in a foreign country. Noise Is The Best Revenge must be on a break from touring inn nn n it m8.

Last edited:
During the Royal Albert Hall concert in '02 my girlfriend and I took a wander as our seats were awful. At one point we stumbled into a private box. A very distinguished looking mature couple were sitting there watching the show. A few others were with them. We watched a half a song from this vantage point and though nobody told us to leave we thought it the decent thing to do, and the couple were very good natured and polite to us as we naughtily said goodbye. We wondered what such a couple were doing at a Moz gig - Royal Albert Hall members perhaps taking a punt on something different? Then years later I read that both his parents attended the gig that night...
Both nights at the RAH were excellent gigs.
I can't stand London for long periods of time - it feels like you need to shower every couple of hours, but I stayed overnight as it had been too long.
He references them on the 2nd night after Crashing Bores:
"Now I'd like you to know that my parents are in the audience tonight (crowd cheers)... so please, no swearing, leave it to me... (someone shouts something) What's that my friend? Well if you take your teeth out, I can hear you... Was that nasty? I don't really care... Oh what?... What? Silly, you know, I overdid it... (shushes the audience) The voice of God (Alain says 'The Queen is certainly dead') Did you hear that? Every time Alain speaks I dock £10 from his wages... Which means he now owes me £10!""
From PJLM and available to hear in the whole gig of the 18th, Sept., 2002:
https://m.sendspace.com/file/jhefzi
2 of my favourite gigs.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom