An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

FAO: Sound of the North

Dog fed and happy!

Thanks for the info on the Rareties of Us collection. Sounds interesting and I haven't been able to find out anymore on the internet.

I can now see why you are loading select tracks with b-sides, xmas singles and other tracks having already been posted.

I would be really grateful for a full tracklisting of the entire set (if possible) so that I can put it together with whatever I already have and request any items missing once you finished, to complete the project.

Ta very much.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with this one:

Back in 2003 I was lucky enough to be invited to a fan club members show at Bush Hall in London. At the time I was told that the show was being recorded for XFM but I have never been able to find the show. Does anyone know if there is a known recording from the show or is it currently unavailable.

THe date was 16 October 2003 - Bush Hall, London, England. woud love to hear the show again.

OK folks, i've neglected the wife and daughter, starved the dog, locked the doors and done all I could to get as many uploaded over the weekend as possible. I can't believe what a slow process it all is.

Makes you appreciate the time and effort put in by other uploaders, so muchos thanks to SOTN, Fanofre, Falltoclimb and the others for their uploads.

Unfortunately Im not likely to get to upload anymore for some time. I'm hoping 2-3 weeks. This should give you time to download (and play) some of what i've put up anyway. Feel free to put it on other sites and blogs, the more that is spread freely the less likely a fan will get ripped off on ebay.

So for now heres the last of what I could get done. Enjoy!

REM - 1984-10-31 Peppermint Lounge - It Crawled From The South.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/M2D458SSZ5

REM - Birmingham 89 1.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/KR93XNBITW

REM - Birmingham 89 2.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/7W7H91F94N

As already requested would really love to get my mitts on the two songs from the No Nazis gig and disc 1 of the 1989-04-21 show.

Thanks for the shows davemel. Are you sure of the dates Peppermint Lounge 31.10.1984 & Burlington 31.10.1985

thanks falls to climb

just been listening to the new adventures in hi fi stripped mix. its really nice. its alot like something i would have done with the multitracks. ive not listened to the origina lp for a while.
ive always wanted to edit how the west was won, its too long for me. especially the 2:25 piano solo.
wake up bomb vocal starts off a bit distant but improves. like the volume mix for the organ sound.
new test leper is similar to the album mix. e-bow is like mtv unplugged!
nice remix of leave here too!!! reminds of the 2005 live version. but i always like the intro piece.
departure also sounds quite distant im guessing its like that on the multitrack. apart from that i cant really tell the difference. bittersweet me is cool too, alot like mtv unplugged. if the track was recorded through the left channel only it could be completely unplugged. then comes my one my fave lp only tracks. sounding alot like the mills on a bus version. a higher vocal mix here? sounds more clear than the album. then good old binky, i cant tell difference here. guitars sound a little low in the mix and mills vocals are higher, still nice. so fast so numb so weird. unusual mix here. i dont know what to make of it. at 0:40 a piano comes in, which i never heard on the lp mix. quite funny, if not out of place. low desert is just low desert i nearly always skipped the song on my cd so dont really know whats different with this. then lastly my favourite tune, again it would fit nicely onto a possible 2011 mtv unplugged setlist. with lifted backing stipe vocals, which i have never heard before. then the violin solo, i completely forgot about that too lol it sounds almost live in this mix. pure stripped. thanks for you effort thomas08 it makes better listening than the lp mix.

although was zither not on the album?

i cant get track 4 to extract though, can anyone upload it on its own?

trying to post all new uploads here:- http://talkingaboutthepassion.forum...epassion&sid=eec21d7bb6d08fb98c9093615985dcc0 join and share!

With regards the dates for the shows I can only really go off what it says on the cds i'm burning from. But a lot of them are cdr's and bootleggers are notoriously wrong on many occassions and even fans screw up. Do the dates and tracks not tally or something. If not can anyone help out with actual show venues and/or dates?

Peppermint Lounge 31.10.1984 is from 31.10.1983
Burlington 31.10.1985 is from 31.10.1986
Thanks to everyone for the uploads, much appreciated

R.E.M. Singles 1981-1985

After my almost complete attempt this is the redux that (hopefully) gets it right. My singles are vinyl, cassette, cd, mp3, flac, etc. so I decided on a middle ground of 192kbps. Some of the early singles can still be found if you are willing to hunt them down and spend the money so this is really just for reference. As Ani Difranco says, "Home recording, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing." The information on these is as accurate as I could get. I chose the US release dates and artwork (some of the art has just been tweaked in photoshop and I think it is better than what I included before).

01 Radio Free Europe (Hib-Tone) - July 1981

Radio Free Europe (Hib-Tone Version)
Sitting Still (Hib-Tone Version)

02 Radio Free Europe (I.R.S.) - May 1983

Radio Free Europe (Edit)
There She Goes Again

03 Talk About The Passion - November 1983

Talk About The Passion
Shaking Through
Carnival Of Sorts

This includes a version of Shaking Through without the short instrumental at the end. It came from the internet so I don't know if it is real or just a fan edit, but it sounds fine. A promo exists that includes Catapult, but I didn't see any need to include it here.

04 So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) - May 1984

So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
Walter's Theme
King Of The Road
Voice Of Harold
Pale Blue Eyes

The original single has Walter's Theme and King Of The Road combined as one track. I don't have that one.

05 (Don't Go Back To) Rockville - August 1984

(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Edit)
Catapult (Seattle 06/27/84)
9-9 (Boston 07/13/83)
Gardening At Night (Boston 07/13/83)

06 Can't Get There From Here - June 1985

Can't Get There From Here (Edit)
Bandwagon
Burning Hell

07 Driver 8 - September 1985

Driver 8
Crazy
Driver 8 (Seattle 06/27/84)

08 Wendell Gee - September 1985

Wendell Gee
Ages Of You
Burning Down

This was a European release and includes the so called "Applause Version" of Ages Of You. The few seconds of applause at the end was edited for inclusion on Dead Letter Office.

Thanks for members of this forum who helped with these. If you spot any errors let me know.

Here's your link

http://www.multiupload.com/VYYD4VFH30

Can you please re-load?? Computer accident and I lost the majority of my music. :(

R.E.M. Singles 1986-1990

01 Fall On Me - August 1986

Fall On Me
Rotary Ten
Toys In The Attic

02 Superman - November 1986

Superman (Edit)
White Tornado
Femme Fatale

03 The One I Love - August 1987

The One I Love
Maps And Legends (Santa Monica, CA 05/24/87)
The One I Love (Santa Monica, CA 05/24/87)
Disturbance At The Heron House (Santa Monica, CA 05/24/87)

04 It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - January 1988

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) (Edit)
Last Date

05 Finest Worksong - March 1988

Finest Worksong
Time After Time Etc. (Utrecht, Holland 09/14/87)
Finest Worksong (Lengthy Club Mix)
Finest Worksong (Other Mix)

The three Document singles are a real pain in the ass and it's why I went with the US release dates, covers and b-sides. Trying to figure out what single was released first in the world with what b-side only causes headaches. I'm in Tennessee, only a half a day's travel from Athens and this is the order I heard them and that is enough for me.

06 Orange Crush - November 1988

Orange Crush
Ghost Riders
Dark Globe

Released in Europe and only as a promo single in the US, but it did great on radio and I saw the video on MTV before the album ever came out.

07 Fanclub Single 1988 - December 1988

Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
See No Evil

08 Stand - January 1989

Stand
Memphis Train Blues
The Eleventh Untitled Song (Instrumental)
Skin Tight (Orlando 04/30/89)

09 Pop Song '89 - May 1989

Pop Song '89
Pop Song '89 (Acoustic Version)

10 Get Up - September 1989

Get Up
Funtime
Turn You Inside-Out (Orlando 04/30/89)

11 Fanclub Single 1989 - December 1989

Good King Wenceslas
Academy Fight Song

12 Fanclub Single 1990 - December 1990

Ghost Reindeer In The Sky
Summertime

Please point out any mistakes and we'll all get this thing together. And remind me not to do this again when I've been drinking.

Here is the link:

http://www.multiupload.com/PDTPU0MV9Q

And this one as well. Thank you so much in advance!!! Hours and hours of music gone when my two year hit the power button when we were completing a system restore to last week. :(

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom