An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

I don't know about the digital download thing (I was only aware of a live version of the song from the Santa Barbara show as a download release), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Clayton Street Studio is where the band held their tour rehearsals, so this version might come from the same session as the b-sides of the Aftermath single.

Thank you, inyourroom! I figured the same as I saw this entry in The Timeline:

23 August - 3 September 2004 - R.E.M.'s West Clayton Street Studio, Athens, GA
tracks recorded included: High Speed Train / All The Right Friends / So Fast, So Numb / Wonderlust
notes: Rehearsal Sessions for upcoming tour

The other 3 songs are exactly the b-sides you mention, so we could assume "Wanderlust" comes from that session as well. I was wondering where it was first carried, because I had never heard of this version being available until today when I saw that compilation. Anyone?

Last edited:
I'm overhauling my R.E.M. folder and I need help identifying the following session performances (listed below and contained in the zip upload.). They are soundboard quality and are probably from the mid to late part of the last decade. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wbfoaj

Bad Day
So. Central Rain
Pop Song '89
Beat A Drum
Electrolite
Losing My Religion

I'm overhauling my R.E.M. folder and I need help identifying the following session performances (listed below and contained in the zip upload.). They are soundboard quality and are probably from the mid to late part of the last decade. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bad Day
So. Central Rain
Pop Song '89
Beat A Drum
Electrolite
Losing My Religion

I'm not sure, but I think it is something like this. I'm 99,9 % sure about the year.
Bad Day - 7 October 2003 - Studio A, Clinton Recording Studios, New York
So. Central Rain - 10 May 2003 - Live Room, Studio 2, The Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, Canada
Pop Song 89 - Live 1991
Beat a Drum - Live 2001
Electrolite - 7 October 2003 - Studio A, Clinton Recording Studios, New York
Losing My Religion - 7 October 2003 - Studio A, Clinton Recording Studios, New York

Does anyone have the 16 track CD version of "The Baseball Project - The Broadside Ballads"? http://thebaseballproject.kungfusto...c/product/2872-the-broadside-ballads-cd-bbp04
I have been trying to ordered it from the BBP online store, but they will not take my credit card :confused: I only got this message: " This order could not be processed as entered
Please try again or contact us for assistance referencing 279898.
The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder." I know I have filled in the right information, does anyone else have problem with buying from BBP online store?

It would be nice if someone could share the tracks in mp3. I have the 9 tracks who was given to us as a free download.

I'm not sure, but I think it is something like this. I'm 99,9 % sure about the year.
So. Central Rain - 10 May 2003 - Live Room, Studio 2, The Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, Canada
Pop Song 89 - Live 1991
Beat a Drum - Live 2001
Losing My Religion - 7 October 2003 - Studio A, Clinton Recording Studios, New York

:thumb:

Much obliged.

Bad Day
So. Central Rain
Pop Song '89
Beat A Drum
Electrolite
Losing My Religion

Thank you for these! I love this version of Pop Song 89.

Pop Song 89 - Live 1991
Beat a Drum - Live 2001

I just checked. That version of "So Central Rain" is actually 9 September 2003 (Studio D, The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, CA), a taping for the TV show 'A&E In Studio with Nic Harcourt and R.E.M.' (detailed info extracted from The Timeline).

Those three identified as Clinton Studios are correct. Just as additional info, those tracks and a few others can be found in the promo CD "A Joyful Noise".

Pop Song 89 is indeed from the 1991 acoustic "non-tour". I can't tell where exactly it's from, but it's not the same as in The Borderline or MTV Unplugged.

Does anyone have the 16 track CD version of "The Baseball Project - The Broadside Ballads"? http://thebaseballproject.kungfusto...c/product/2872-the-broadside-ballads-cd-bbp04
I have been trying to ordered it from the BBP online store, but they will not take my credit card :confused: I only got this message: " This order could not be processed as entered
Please try again or contact us for assistance referencing 279898.
The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder." I know I have filled in the right information, does anyone else have problem with buying from BBP online store?

It would be nice if someone could share the tracks in mp3. I have the 9 tracks who was given to us as a free download.

My order went through, I'll share when I get the cd.

Are the 9 tracks from that cd or bonus tracks?

And I'm still looking for the bonus tracks from the first 2 albums btw. Got the ones from the 3rd album yesterday.

My order went through, I'll share when I get the cd.

Are the 9 tracks from that cd or bonus tracks?

And I'm still looking for the bonus tracks from the first 2 albums btw. Got the ones from the 3rd album yesterday.

I'm 99% sure that the 9 tracks are on the cd, don't know if tracklist is in the same order. Will check it out.
Will try to order in a couple of days again, to see if it is my card or if it was problems that day only.

I don't have the bonus tracks. I know Vol. 2 bonus tracks is on iTunes in Norway, will buy them this week.

Hey, fanofrem and mega. Here's the 16 tracks of The Broadside Ballads in FLAC (just the tracklist from the link fanofrem provided):
http://we.tl/ubtlTRO2q7

Caveats:
1) link available for a week. Hurry!
2) I didn't listen to the album yet. Just found it somewhere, got it for you guys and uploaded it.

To fanofrem: with these, you can make whatever quality MP3s you want. I hope you know how. There are hundreds of programs for that. If you need, just ask us and you shall be informed.

To mega: I don't follow TBP, but I understand from Wikipedia that this album has all the bonus tracks from the previous two. Or so I hope.

Last edited:
Hey, fanofrem and mega. Here's the 16 tracks of The Broadside Ballads in FLAC (just the tracklist from the link fanofrem provided):
http://we.tl/ubtlTRO2q7

Caveats:
1) link available for a week. Hurry!
2) I didn't listen to the album yet. Just found it somewhere, got it for you guys and uploaded it.

To fanofrem: with these, you can make whatever quality MP3s you want. I hope you know how. There are hundreds of programs for that. If you need, just ask us and you shall be informed.

To mega: I don't follow TBP, but I understand from Wikipedia that this album has all the bonus tracks from the previous two. Or so I hope.

Thank you very much gargumma :) :guitar:
And I know how to convert to mp3

Saturday is Record Store Day. I'm going out to see if I can get the 4-disc REM unplugged set. Keeping my fingers crossed...:thumb:

Any chance that someone who are that lucky to get the Minus 5 boxset on Record Store Day can rip the audio from the vinyl and post it here. I'm not a vinyl guy and it is a 5 hour drive to the nearest Record Store Day shop in Norway.

The LP set comes with a download code for the the digital version. I'd be interested too, could even split the cost of the set through Paypal to make it fair for the original buyer. I contacted my local participing store and they couldn't even order it. They did order the R.E.M. set, but late, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get it either. It worked like year, so fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone got the minus 5 gun sessions download ? thanks

You mean the whole Gun album?

I think our anonymous friend really means The Gun Sessions. Yep Roc had them avaible as a digital download bonus when buying The Gun album on vinyl. Which I did, because of those bonus tracks. Unfortunately Yep Roc couldn't deliver them, as they lost the mp3's. Kinda dumb, but true. They handled it well though, got the Baseball Project's 3rd for free. So if anyone has these little gems, I second that request.

Yep Roc Records is happy to announce the vinyl release of the much praised Minus 5 self-titled album (a.k.a. “The Gun Album”). The release includes a 180 gram vinyl 12″ of the entire album plus an additional 7″ featuring (A)”Aw Shit Man – Original Version” and (B) “Mary Lou” for free!

But aside from giving the album the ultimate audiophile treatment of a vinyl release, this release contains the entire “gun sessions” recordings as a free digital download. With your order, you get an entire album’s worth of bonus tracks (demos, outtakes, previously unreleased tracks, rarities, and alternate versions) have made their way out of the Minus 5 vaults to be included as a digital download available only with purchase of this LP.

A total of 23 tracks, digitally delivered instantly to your Stash with your order, are sure to satisfy both fans and soon to be fans the world over.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom