An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

I was lucky enough to get a vinyl copy of the Minus 5 box set on RSD. I haven't had the nerve to open it yet, to see if it is colored vinyl or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like there will be "some" new stuff on this 50 song set coming out next month:

R.E.M.’s 50-track ‘Complete Rarities: I.R.S. 1982-1987’ due out digitally next month
A new 50-song compilation of early R.E.M. material called Complete Rarities: I.R.S. 1982-1987 is due out digitally next month, but is completely comprised of tracks previously assembled on 1987′s out-of-print Dead Letter Office, EMI’s early ’90s reissues, a more recent I.R.S. years best-of and various singles the band released during the mid-’80s.

While not yet formally announced, the collection is listed at AllMusic.com as being released by EMI as a digital download on May 19, and while there’s no mention of a physical release, the tracklist — as seen below — is divided up as “Disc 1″ and “Disc 2.” A database of upcoming releases from the Universal Music Group also lists the album as a digital release.

The cover art, seen above, includes images taken from the I.R.S. compilation Eponymous and various singles released released during the ’80s.

The set includes all 15 tracks from Dead Letter Office, plus various covers, B-sides, mixes, alternate takes and live versions, some of which debuted on 2006′s And I Feel Fine… The Best of the I.R.S. Years 1982–1987. Also included are R.E.M.’s two contributions to the recently reissued soundtrack of the film “Athens, GA: Inside/Out.”

Tracklist: R.E.M., Complete Rarities: I.R.S. 1982-1987

Disc 1
1. “Radio Free Europe” [Original Hib-Tone Single]
2. “Sitting Still” [Original Hib-Tone Single]
3. “White Tornado”
4. “Gardening At Night” [Different Vocal Mix]
5. “Gardening At Night” [Acoustic]
6. “All the Right Friends”
7. “Moon River”
8. “Pretty Persuasion”
9. “There She Goes Again”
10. “Tighten Up”
11. “Ages of You” [Live]
12. “We Walk” [Live]
13. “1,000,000″ [Live]
14. “Gardening At Night” [Electric Demo]
15. “Just a Touch”
16. “King of the Road”
17. “Pale Blue Eyes”
18. “Voice of Harold”
19. “Walter’s Theme”
20. “White Tornado”
21. “Windout”
22. “Wind Out”
23. “9-9″ [Live]
24. “Gardening At Night” [Live]
25. “Catapult” [Live]

Disc 2
1. “Ages of You”
2. “Bandwagon”
3. “Burning Down”
4. “Burning Hell”
5. “Crazy”
6. “Driver 8″ [Live]
7. “Bad Day”
8. “Femme Fatale”
9. “Hyena” [Demo]
10. “Mystery To Me” [Demo]
11. “Rotary Ten”
12. “Theme From Two Steps Onward” [Demo]
13. “Tired of Singing Trouble”
14. “Toys In the Attic”
15. “Romance”
16. “Last Date”
17. “Finest Worksong” [Lengthy Club Mix]
18. “Finest Worksong” [Mutual Drum Horn Mix]
19. “Finest Worksong” [Other Mix]
20. “Maps and Legends” [Live]
21. “Disturbance At the Heron House” [Live]
22. “The One I Love” [Live]
23. “Swan Swan H” [Acoustic]
24. “(All I Have To Do is) Dream”
25. “Time After Time Etc.” [Live]

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2014/04/21/rem-complete-rarities-irs-1982-1987/

Last edited:
I've just finished my R.E.M. version of The Never Heard Symphonies anthology.

I will begin uploading it shortly. It's called Trolling For Olives.

It's great.

I've just finished my R.E.M. version of The Never Heard Symphonies anthology.

I will begin uploading it shortly. It's called Trolling For Olives.

It's great.

How could it not be? You always do a fantastic job with your compilations. A real treat for the collectors.

How could it not be? You always do a fantastic job with your compilations. A real treat for the collectors.

tyrion-sexface.gif

Thanks a lot for the info, nyc midy. Too bad the compilation itself is so redundant and has no, um, "new rarities".

Hey, Skylark, what's this about? Can you give any beforehand info?

Thanks a lot for the info, nyc midy. Too bad the compilation itself is so redundant and has no, um, "new rarities".

Hey, Skylark, what's this about? Can you give any beforehand info?

Every demo, b-side, session take, outtake, soundtrack song, soundcheck, etc. etc. ever known to man.

None of which were leaked by me, but by the good folk of this site. I merely collected and organized over time...

thanks!! i was actually going to hunker down and rip mine this weekend after all, but now i don't need to!

Im guessing you are a Mitch Hedberg fan? He's awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

http://uploaded.net/f/qzep5s

R.E.M. - Unplugged (RSD)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!! This sounds great.

Thank you so much for the unpluggeds! I'll finally listen to the full 1991 show.

But hey, if the good doctor still wants to rip it as FLAC, I won't be complaining.... :D

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom