An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

those links dont seem to work unless you pay for the service.after an hour passes, the download always stops while im barely at 114MB :tears:

Thank you for the download links BPodde.
Donut: Both links are working fine for me. Just testing the download links. Have all the tracks so I don't need to buy it or download it.
Sad there was no new tracks to add to my collection.

REQUEST:
Looking for these 2 tracks
Radio 1's Live Lounge – Vol. 3 - Munich (2008.03.26 - BBC Studios, London)
Launch 24 - Suspicion (1998.06.14 - RFK Stadium, Washington D.C)

Does anybody have a taped copy of the aired version of the 2001 MTV Unplugged set to confirm if they did air a performance of The Great Beyond?

If so, is there any reason why it would not have been included on the official release? (i.e. bad or incomplete performance, etc.?)

Does anybody have a taped copy of the aired version of the 2001 MTV Unplugged set to confirm if they did air a performance of The Great Beyond?

If so, is there any reason why it would not have been included on the official release? (i.e. bad or incomplete performance, etc.?)

Unplugged 2001 setlist from remtimeline.com
21 May 2001 - 'MTV Unplugged', TRL Studio, MTV Studios, New York, NY
set: All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) / Electrolite / At My Most Beautiful / Sad Professor / Daysleeper / Beat A Drum / I'll Take The Rain / I've Been High / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / The One I Love / Losing My Religion / Country Feedback - Like A Rolling Stone / Cuyahoga / Imitation Of Life
encore: La Bamba / All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) / Electrolite / At My Most Beautiful / Beat A Drum / Disappear / Find The River / Daysleeper / The Great Beyond / The One I Love / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
notes: 2nd performance for MTV Unplugged. 'All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star)', 'Electrolite', 'At My Most Beautiful', 'Daysleeper', 'Beat A Drum', 'The One I Love' & 'So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)' are played twice

From what I've skimmed through when I was comparing both (not very thoroughly, I must add!), they used all the second versions, left out the La Bamba snippet (2-01), the band intros (2-10) and The Great Beyond for whatever reason (2-09). That means track order was shuffled, because they incorporated the replayed versions in various places the middle of the setlist.

Most importantly, the bootleg of Unplugged II that we can find all over seems to be taken directly from the soundboard, but the mixing of this final album sounds much, much better. So I got rid of the bootleg.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom