An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Has anyone seen this poster for sale anywhere? I had one back in the day, and I'd love get one again. Thanks...

1602876301898.png

Okay, has anyone compiled the complete rarities sets, IRS and Warner Brothers, in lossless? If so, can someone point me in the direction of it?

Hi. Could someone here in the know direct me to the best available collection of the Christmas Fanclub tracks? Thanks in advance.
There were a bunch posted on this thread a while back. Try looking, though you'll be hitting the "back" button quite a bit, I imagine.

Thanks Skylarker for the favour. Highly appreciated. I'll settle with the lossy format. This will tidy me up for upcoming Christmas and the ones after. Wonder why the R.E.M. Fanclub recordings never came out on a boot cd, as a complete collection, cool & calm, with nice artwork, not even in Japan which still has a large hard copy collector's market.

Does anyone have the Bingo Hand Job RSD vinyl rip available to share? I see it was shared last year but links are now dead.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Hey, talking of R.E.M. I had a couple of theirs on the other night, ‘Automatic’ & the 2001 disc of the Unplugged sessions. Brilliant. Stipes voice is so suited to that stripped down sound.

AFTP hasn’t aged at all, still a brilliant album.👍

Hi gargumma. Do you still have this BHJ rip available to put up again? Really grateful if you could, Ian

There you go. That's my first time plugging in the external HD in my new home, after 2 months:

Are you the same Ian from the Facebook group? :)

There you go. That's my first time plugging in the external HD in my new home, after 2 months:

Are you the same Ian from the Facebook group? :)
Not me I'm afraid. I had assumed the share of BHJ was flac. Is it not around in lossless?

Not me I'm afraid. I had assumed the share of BHJ was flac. Is it not around in lossless?
Nope. The official release was only ever shared in MP3. I wish I had it in FLAC too.

But the FLAC bootleg of the same show -- with, frankly, the same sound quality -- has made the rounds many times. Here it goes:

Thans gargumma for both uploads. As you said the two are similar, obviously from the same source. Is this also the case with the 1991 Mountain Stage recording, which was both bootlegged and later issued on a third CD included with the Deluxe version of the 25th Anniversary Out Of Time?

Thans gargumma for both uploads. As you said the two are similar, obviously from the same source. Is this also the case with the 1991 Mountain Stage recording, which was both bootlegged and later issued on a third CD included with the Deluxe version of the 25th Anniversary Out Of Time?
From what I can remember, yes, that's the case, but I don't have the Mountain Stage bootleg at hand for comparison.

Last edited:
Here the two (as promised to SOTN)

REM - 1986-09-12 - New Orleans http://www.multiupload.com/VCJBELMFE5

REM - 1985-07-23 - Santa Cruz http://www.multiupload.com/WEO0UYFVW7

And heres the Stipe hunting set.
If theres any problems with any of the tracks let me know and i'll give them another go.

SH 1 http://www.multiupload.com/X3HCH9XX1O
SH2 - http://www.multiupload.com/KT0A44GKPU
SH3 - http://www.multiupload.com/UH4OJOZ7NN
SH4 - http://www.multiupload.com/N91AKFTMI0

Dave

In the spirit of re-uploading, any chance someone can re-upload the "Stipe Hunting" CDs?

"Stipe Hunting"

no label
  • Recorded: Various dates and locations
  • Quality: Mostly Excellent
  • Format: 4CD (CD-R)
  • Released: 2001
  • Notes: Compilation of Non-R.E.M. tracks featuring Michael Stpe. 4 CDRs in individual jewel cases, totaling 75 tracks (4 hours and 40 minutes of music), with songs arranged chronologically. Each CD comes in a color case with its own 16-page glossy booklet featuring complete lyrics, musician credits, release details, trivia, and information about every song. The sound quality is excellent. Only 12 sets made. See scans.

• Tracks
    DISC ONE: 1. Living by the Neck (Live) (by Tanzplagen, w/Stipe) 2. Meeting (Live) (by Tanzplagen, w/Stipe) 3. Peter Pan (Live) (by Tanzplagen, w/Stipe) 4. Treason (by Tanzplagen, w/Stipe) 5. Meeting (by Tanzplagen, w/Stipe) 6. Hot Nights in Georgia (by Jason and the Scorchers, w/Stipe) 7. Clustering Train (by the Golden Palominos, w/Stipe) 8. Boy (Go) (by the Golden Palominos, w/Stipe) 9. Omaha (by the Golden Palominos, w/Stipe) 10. Tainted Obligation (by the Community Trolls, w/Stipe) 11. Grow Wild (by Hugo Largo, w/Stipe) 12. Eureka (by Hugo Largo, w/Stipe) 13. A Campfire Song (by 10,000 Maniacs, w/Stipe) 14. The Counting Song (Live) (by Natalie Merchant and Stipe) 15. Leaving, on a Jet Plane (Live Medley) (by Natalie Merchant, Stipe, Buck, & friends) 16. Bad Karma (by Warren Zevon, w/Stipe, Berry, Buck, Mills) 17. Even a Dog Can Shake Hands (by Warren Zevon, w/Berry, Buck, Mills) 18. Dreamin' of Eternity (by Our Favorite Band, w/Stipe) 19. Little April Shower (by Natalie Merchant, Stipe, & friends)
    DISC TWO: 1. I'll Give You My Skin (by the Indigo Girls, w/Stipe) 2. Future 40's (Live a capella) (by Stipe) 3. Future 40's (album version) (by Syd Straw, w/Stipe) 4. Kid Fears (by the Indigo Girls, w/Stipe) 5. Tried to be True (by the Indigo Girls, w/Berry, Buck, Mills) 6. What It Is (by the Blue Aeroplanes, w/Stipe) 7. Hello In There (Live) (by Stipe, Natalie Merchant, & Billy Bragg) 8. My Bible Is the Latest TV Guide (by Berry) 9. Kid Fears (Live) (by the Indigo Girls, w/Stipe) 10. She Doesn't Exist (by Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians, w/Stipe, Buck) 11. Dark Green Energy (by Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians, w/Stipe) 12. Alive and Living Now (by the Golden Palominos, w/Stipe) 13. You Woke Up My Neighbourhood (by Billy Bragg, w/Stipe, Buck) 14. Civilization vs. Technology (by Stipe, KRS-One, & Harmony) 15. Tighten Up Your Wig (by Billy Bragg, w/Buck & a brief Stipe sample) 16. Words and Knives (by Chickasaw Mudd Puppies, w/Stipe) 17. Nowhere Road (by the Troggs, w/Berry, Buck, Mills) 18. Captain Scrummy (Dialogue) (by Stipe & Michael Maronna)
    DISC THREE: 1. Trout (by Neneh Cherry, w/Stipe) 2. To Sir With Love (Live) (by 10,000 Maniacs, w/Stipe) 3. Candy Everybody Wants (Live) (by 10,000 Maniacs, w/Stipe) 4. One (Live) (by Automatic Baby, U2's Clayton & Mullen w/Stipe, Mills) 5. Full Moon (by Annie Ross & the Low Note Quintet, w/Stipe) 6. Arms of Love (by Stipe) 7. Photograph (by R.E.M. & Natalie Merchant) 8. Your Ghost (by Kristin Hersh, w/Stipe) 9. Roadrunner (by the Backbeat Band, w/Mills) 10. Guilty by Association (by Vic Chesnutt, w/Stipe) 11. Galveston (Live) (snippet by Stipe & Mills) 12. Red Rain (Live) (by Stipe, Peter Gabriel, & Natalie Merchant) 13. The Last Day of Our Acquaintance (Live) (by Stipe) 14. Slapstick Heart (by Sam Phillips, written by all 4 members of R.E.M.) 15. Ill Wind (You're Blowing Me No Good) (by Michael Brook, w/Stipe) 16. The Long Road (Live) (by Stipe & Natalie Merchant) 17. My Gang (poem read by Stipe)
    DISC FOUR: 1. "Electrolite (Live)" (by Stipe & Mills) 2. "Injured Bird" (by Vic Chesnutt & Stipe) 3. "Last Call" (by Patti Smith, w/Stipe) 4. "Almond Kisses" (by Spacehog, w/Stipe) 5. "Everybody Needs a Little Sanctuary" (by Grant Lee Buffalo, w/Stipe) 6. "Lucky (Live)" (by Radiohead, w/Stipe) 7. "Karma Police (Live)" (by Radiohead, w/Buck, Mills) 8. "Fantasize" (by Liz Phair, w/Berry, Buck, Mills) 9. "Happiness" (by Stipe & Rain Phoenix) 10. "We're Not So Bad" (by Stipe) 11. "Glitter In Their Eyes" (by Patti Smith, w/Stipe) 12. "Little Red Hen" (by Christy McWilson, w/Buck, Mills) 13. "Cryin' Out Loud" (by Christy McWilson, w/Buck, Mills) 14. "Sun" (by the Utah Saints, w/Stipe) 15. "Punk Club" (by the Utah Saints, w/Stipe) 16. "Rhinoceros" (by the Utah Saints, w/Stipe) 17. "Wiggedy Wack" (by the Utah Saints, w/Stipe) 18. "I've Been High (Live)" (by Stipe) 19. "Christmas Time Is Here Again" (R.E.M. Christmas bonus track) 20. "Hastings and Main" (R.E.M. Christmas bonus track) 21. "Take Seven" (R.E.M. Christmas bonus track)

as per: http://www.svs.com/rem/bootd3.html

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom