An unanswerable question

Now, as enjoyable as reading much of these inane ramblings has been, I note you've all missed the major issue.
Morrissey does NOT inspire 'millions' of people.

:)

of coures he does. i shoudnt listen to morrissey i should listen to him tell me fictitious facts about sales translations

You've got that census count in your back pocket, eh?

:D
He inspires more people than I could ever hope to, for sure.
I fear, that millions, may be a tad of an exaggeration though.

:D
He inspires more people than I could ever hope to, for sure.
I fear, that millions, may be a tad of an exaggeration though.

I understand what you're sayin', but I'm looking at the much bigger picture. How many bands have been influenced by the Mozzer (and how many fans of each of those other bands have been impacted) and where do his "ripples" stop in the grand scheme of things. It's the same with teachers. One teacher can have an impact on so many lives in the most roundabout of ways. I'd wager it's a significantly larger number than 1,000,000 that Morrissey's career has influenced. Helluva lot more than I'd ever be able to accomplish. :(

I'm jealous. Haha!

I understand what you're sayin', but I'm looking at the much bigger picture. How many bands have been influenced by the Mozzer (and how many fans of each of those other bands have been impacted) and where do his "ripples" stop in the grand scheme of things. It's the same with teachers. One teacher can have an impact on so many lives in the most roundabout of ways. I'd wager it's a significantly larger number than 1,000,000 that Morrissey's career has influenced. Helluva lot more than I'd ever be able to accomplish. :(

I'm jealous. Haha!

Yeah, you're spot on, actually. Having spent all of 7 minutes reviewing my previous comment - which was of course, made without ANY thinking time - I've focused on 'inspires', as opposed to maybe 'has inspired' - where given the longevity of his career, and the heights of both The Smiths and certainly his 91 - 94 days, he would certainly have reached a vast figure of people.

Something to be immensely proud of - though of course, he will probably be unabashedly humble!

Back
Top Bottom