"And Goodbye To 2018" - Morrissey Central (December 27th)

JasonKing_sj3oeh.jpg
images-1_bza0os.jpg

Ken_Dodd_2_tda3wm.jpg Unknown-1_bocaig.jpg Unknown-3_d12eer.jpg a8ba7e2145f81cc90a3712e93ab1043f0b80d2f8_t9y2r6.jpg

(P. Wyngarde, L. Fraser, K. Dodd, P. Shelley, F. Fielding & B. Reynolds).

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-goodbye-to-2018

A pictorial look at some of the losses in 2018.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean his end of 2016 obit for Bowie's January death? He fell out with Bowie during the Outside tour in 95 (which I'm glad to have attended), so why would he be all fake by pretending to like him? If he mentioned Bowie people would be "ooh look at the crocodile tears".
Spin it however you like but the Bowie thing was classless and petty. What a small, bitter, old man he can be.

I reckon I am really pleased to see Keirstan in the Rancho Cucamonga office recognition of Burt Reynolds. Reckon The California Son aka "Morrissey" has nothing to do with "Messages from Morrissey" and lil' Sammy has been in Tennessee since the Moz Angeles gigs whipped taking pics of his new "model" girlfriend. Reckon the most important thing Uncle Steve is thinking about right now is having a bigger bonfire on Malibu beach than John Lydon and Dave Evans on New Years Eve mate inn n nn n nnn nn nnn n din't in nnn n it.

Spin it however you like but the Bowie thing was classless and petty. What a small, bitter, old man he can be.
I agree. even if you don't personally get along with david bowie, there are still many other levels on which you can admire and be in awe of the man. acknowledging the debt the world owes him after his death seems only natural, to stifle that because of some past disagreement or personal hurt seems odd.

Great photo of Ken Dodd, I've never seen that one before. I watched a fascinating documentary on him a couple of years ago which showed him to be a man of great intelligence and depth, utterly obsessed with his craft - there was much more to him than the clown we usually saw. That photo puts me in mind of it. The Pete Shelley one is great as well.
pepper it was repeated last night,his shows were legendary and could last for five hours.

We can only be grateful for the advanced technology of tumour scraping or our beloved Morrissey may have been one of them.

Viva Scrape

Struggle to understand why no mention of MARK E SMITH. M followed him around like a fawning lamb in the early days. He must have meant a great deal. The embodiment of Manc music. To now even twitch a response is odd.
Pilgrimupnorth

Struggle to understand why no mention of MARK E SMITH. M followed him around like a fawning lamb in the early days. He must have meant a great deal. The embodiment of Manc music. To now even twitch a response is odd.
Pilgrimupnorth

Moz just come to his senses.

nobody knows Ms relationship or the gap in any sort of contact with these people,how can you greave for someone you may not have seen for twenty five years.i was out the other night,found out a guy I knew thirty years ago had died,my reaction was that's a bit of a shock but that was it.

Thank heavens Morrissey included Pete Shelly so we don't have to listen to people whine about it like they do about David Bowie. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.
What a stupid prick.
I'm sorry but this is all well and good when it suits.
This pricks P R is a 4kin joke just like his career and his band of muppets.
Joe Moss Steve ? Remember him ?

Fingers crossed for the 2019 list :handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Nice.

Unbelievable.
What a stupid prick.
I'm sorry but this is all well and good when it suits.
This pricks P R is a 4kin joke just like his career and his band of muppets.
Joe Moss Steve ? Remember him ?

Fingers crossed for the 2019 list :handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yip, next year. We’re hoping that you’re on it.

⚰️

You mean his end of 2016 obit for Bowie's January death? He fell out with Bowie during the Outside tour in 95 (which I'm glad to have attended), so why would he be all fake by pretending to like him? If he mentioned Bowie people would be "ooh look at the crocodile tears".
He fell out with Bowie over Bowie's idea to have him fade off stage while he came on in a kind of partial duet. After all, he was the support band.

Hardly something to use the nuclear option over. He then sought Bowie out for inclusion on Ringleader Of The Tormentors, but Bowie never responded. Morrissey dismissed his abandonment of the Bowie tour as some kind of coy game he was playing; as if everyone Morrissey encounters gets off on that.

He was trying to play his usual catty hard to get game, imagining that it would project some kind of playful, artistic defiance, but it backfired. It turns out, most adults don't like mind games. They've grown up.

The reality is, he wanted to say no to Bowie's idea, but he didn't have the guts to do so, so, once again he disappeared like the flaky schizoid that he is.

You judge a peron's character by how they treat other people, and Morrissey has a lengthy track record of not treating people very well; unless they cow to his ideals.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom