Anna Calvi on touring with Morrissey + her new album

An anonymous person posts the link:

ANNA CALVI ON TOURING WITH MORRISSEY + HER NEW ALBUM (video interview) - Gigwise
The Mercury judge talks to us about being Morrissey's pen pal + what the future holds

Excerpt:

"It was amazing, yeah - he made me little cards with notes saying 'great show tonight, love Morrissey'," Anna Calvi bashfully tells Gigwise of the honour she had of going on tour with The Smiths icon. "I was just like 'oh my God' - I'll keep them forever. I have them somewhere very special. Maybe I should frame them or something. We met like once, but after that we were more like pen pals."

Last edited by a moderator:
A lovely and talented woman, would love to see her back as opener.

I'm surprised Moz only met her once. She was a fantastic opening singer for Moz and I would have thought he'd have liked her music enough to make an effort to meet her. I would have. She's the best opening act he's had in a decade or more. He's met total idiots more often than that.

Not bad, but not original by any means. It's been done before - it's called Siouxie.
I don't see a similarity in voice or music. The only similarity I see is they both look like strong women with great stage presence.
Pity Moz fell out with Siouxsie (or vice versa) - I would have loved to see them on the same bill together.

Not bad, but not original by any means. It's been done before - it's called Siouxie.

Can you post a side by side video or song that makes you think those two have anything in common? I'm having a really hard time seeing any similarities. Thanks.

I don't see a similarity in voice or music. The only similarity I see is they both look like strong women with great stage presence.
Pity Moz fell out with Siouxsie (or vice versa) - I would have loved to see them on the same bill together.

Yeah. That's about it for sure.

What a strange thing to say, music, lyrics, vocals, I don't think they are at all alike. Can you elaborate, or do you just post any nonsense that pops into your head?

What a strange thing to say, music, lyrics, vocals, I don't think they are at all alike. Can you elaborate, or do you just post any nonsense that pops into your head?

Invest in q-tips and clean your ears.
She also has HUGE teeth.

Look, a brilliant artist saying nice things about Morrissey. Take one to know one. Love her. f***ing great music and gorgeous, she is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom