Anne Marie Waters tweets NME article about Morrissey backing

An anonymous person posted (original post):

Well, it looks like Anne Marie Waters considers Morrissey a supporter:

Morrissey backs anti-Islam politician Anne Marie Waters during 6 Music session http://po.st/s5eQV6 via @NME

40896_Moz-920x584.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
"Islamic Mathematics" was taken from the Greeks, a country Islam invaded and colonized. (Mostly Aristotle.)

Zen( Buddhism) and Hinduism is as ridiculous as any other religion to say nothing of their texts figure out whats the sound of one hand clapping and you enter....nowhere . Vishnu.. Shiva...LOL FFS

Dante puts the philosophers in Limbo. Dante was clearly insane. What else? Rummi, sophomoric nonsense.
The we get to the Koran........
Are you taking the piss or are you really that much of an asshole?

Why is it so wrong to be against an ideology that treats women like shit?
Under sharia law women can't leave the house without a man, drive or even testify about being raped unless the act was witnessed by 4 men. The men are allowed to beat their multiple wives who are essentially their slaves.
Over half the Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal.
But it's apparently "racist" and "bigoted" to be against this injustice?

SO SPOT ONNNN

That's an impressive bit of mind-reading there.

It was your words I read, not your mind.

With regard to issues like domestic violence, torture, and "whatever" there's plenty of information available that should give one pause about the so-called religion of peace. The frequency of female genital mutilation.

FGM is obviously an awful practice. But it isn't specifically to do with Islam. It's practiced by people of various religions and it predates Islam. There's nothing about it in Muslim scripture, and there's no government that supports it.

The percentage of individuals in muslim-majority countries who believe that killing non-combatants in the name of their faith is acceptable.

What's the percentage? How does it compare to data on other religious groups?

The demand that religious laws supersede secular ones.

Who makes this demand? What country are we talking about?

Acceptance of death threats against authors of fiction.

Again, whose acceptance?

That there are muslims who listen to music, take out loans with interest. These are elements that are encouraging for a secular person living in the twenty-first century.

They are not "elements", they are the norm.

I don't really have an argument, and this is no environment for a reasoned debate. I was invited to disprove the proposition that all Muslim countries enforce an unequal distribution of inheritance between sons and daughters which is what I did. It's perfectly true that Sharia law is not the exact same thing as national law. That's precisely what makes it a red herring to begin with.

There's possibly a few examples where wider implementation of Sharia law would be a good idea. For example, the legal recognition of Muslim marriages. But can you be specific about what you are referring to? Who exactly is proposing what?
I wasn't trying to have an argument at all either, don't worry. It literally just sounded to me in reading the thread that like neither you nor the other poster knew that you were both talking at cross purposes.

I don't know what you mean by saying that sharia law is a red herring. There is nothing red herring about it. Not to communities who wish to implement it and who wish to hold all of their constituents accountable to it, and not to any human rights supporters (on any level), or to normal citizens who hold standard universal western values, who for the obvious reasons of sharia law's doctrines therein, wholly reject it and fight to stop its use and its implementation in the modern age, particularly in those societies and in our own Western culture which is built in the premise of valuing life, and of valuing human rights in an exigent and foundational way at the core of our own cultural values as human beings in a developed and enlightened and thinking civilization of the 21st century.

To answer your question of 'who exactly is proposing what', I'll make this brief because you don't sound even superficially informed, on what is a very broad subject that encompasses too many different facets and issues, for me to be able to answer your question in any real or cogent way that would even begin to address them all. You would just have to immerse yourself a bit more deeply in current events - and this is no criticism. I'm simply preceding my own reply to you by stating that your question shows a real lack of understanding of some of the truly foundational issues that are at the heart of current political debates the globe over.

However to give you a very short and narrow answer to only that one question that you posed, and to answer that question in complete isolation to anything else - there are large communities that are majority-muslim. This is the case in the United States, in Britain, and in many Western European countries. None of these communities would consider themselves extremist communities, they are often the very definition of 'moderate muslims'. They live peacefully, they are not terrorists. They run for political office, and they abide by the western laws of whatever country and culture they are in. However there has been a real push in recent years, where many, many communities that are majority-muslim, are communities where on the basis of being majority-muslim, many people who are either running for office, or who are actively in office in those communities, are now lobbying for sharia law to be "recognized." This means implementing it, and it means sharia law becoming the governing law.

The problem with this, is that you can't pick 'elements' of sharia law that you like, or dismiss those elements that you 'think' no 'moderate muslim' would enforce, due to your 'thinking' that 'moderate muslims' would have more moderate views on the subject of, for example, stoning women to death for having looked at someone the wrong way, the horrific and often court-ordered rape as punishment for any perceived transgression (yes, these things actually happen), the torture and murder of innocent people, even for the mere accusation of being gay - nevermind if the allegation is even true or not, child abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, genital mutilation, and I'll stop the list in the interest of time.

But the point is that there is a real problem in the fact that sharia law is not compatible with our own western culture and our cultural values, and there is therefore a real problem, when communities in the west lobby to implement it. It cannot and does not exist side by side with the doctrines and norms that our laws dictate and uphold, and so as you can imagine, there has been an enormous upswell of a contingent now (somewhat belatedly) trying to fight to keep this trend from continuing, or taking over.

That's in a nutshell, the shortest answer I can give to your question. I thought you asked a genuine question and you were also polite about it, so I answered. But I'm aware this isn't really the ideal site on which to get into any of this.

I thought it was worth answering though, because I think there are a lot of people lobbing insults here regularly, on subjects that many people aren't even basically informed about - on even the most superficial level.

Again - not a criticism of you. Simply my comment on the generally hot-headed and very antagonistic retorts we often see here on these subjects in general.

Live and let live in my mind is always the best policy. However that isn't the outlook of the feeling for a lot of people, and the reason this is such a sensitive subject, is because a lot of people think Islam is being unfairly 'discriminated' against. There are not two Islams. Everyone should be free to practice whatever religion they choose. However there is one ideology that doesn't permit that, and it is that same ideology that does not in any way allow conformation to Western values, laws, or dictates.

There is also, certainly on this site, a very real problem in discussing anything in an intelligent way at all, given that many posters don't even know the difference between 1. religion 2. race 3. ideology 4. doctrine 5. dictates 6. sovereign law.

In any case, I hope this helped a bit. The name calling on this site obviously brings everything down to the truly lowest common denominator, which is that of a complete lack of education in even knowing how to behave or how to interact on even the most basic level.

However there has been a real push in recent years, where many, many communities that are majority-muslim, are communities where on the basis of being majority-muslim, many people who are either running for office, or who are actively in office in those communities, are now lobbying for sharia law to be "recognized."

Could you provide some concrete examples of this please?

Are you taking the piss or are you really that much of an asshole?
LOL
O Jesus, go read a book. Find out that Averroes and Avicenna is Aristotle.
You lefties love Buddhism because it peaceful but that doesn't take away the fact that its probably more ridiculous than even Islam. LOL We are born because in a prior life we were not able to extinguish our desire to live. I mean F.
Buddhism is a Hindu heresy, that should tell you all you need to know about that particular set of nonsense. :crazy:

I wasn't trying to have an argument at all either, don't worry. It literally just sounded to me in reading the thread that like neither you nor the other poster knew that you were both talking at cross purposes.

I don't know what you mean by saying that sharia law is a red herring. There is nothing red herring about it. Not to communities who wish to implement it and who wish to hold all of their constituents accountable to it, and not to any human rights supporters (on any level), or to normal citizens who hold standard universal western values, who for the obvious reasons of sharia law's doctrines therein, wholly reject it and fight to stop its use and its implementation in the modern age, particularly in those societies and in our own Western culture which is built in the premise of valuing life, and of valuing human rights in an exigent and foundational way at the core of our own cultural values as human beings in a developed and enlightened and thinking civilization of the 21st century.

To answer your question of 'who exactly is proposing what', I'll make this brief because you don't sound even superficially informed, on what is a very broad subject that encompasses too many different facets and issues, for me to be able to answer your question in any real or cogent way that would even begin to address them all. You would just have to immerse yourself a bit more deeply in current events - and this is no criticism. I'm simply preceding my own reply to you by stating that your question shows a real lack of understanding of some of the truly foundational issues that are at the heart of current political debates the globe over.

However to give you a very short and narrow answer to only that one question that you posed, and to answer that question in complete isolation to anything else - there are large communities that are majority-muslim. This is the case in the United States, in Britain, and in many Western European countries. None of these communities would consider themselves extremist communities, they are often the very definition of 'moderate muslims'. They live peacefully, they are not terrorists. They run for political office, and they abide by the western laws of whatever country and culture they are in. However there has been a real push in recent years, where many, many communities that are majority-muslim, are communities where on the basis of being majority-muslim, many people who are either running for office, or who are actively in office in those communities, are now lobbying for sharia law to be "recognized." This means implementing it, and it means sharia law becoming the governing law.

The problem with this, is that you can't pick 'elements' of sharia law that you like, or dismiss those elements that you 'think' no 'moderate muslim' would enforce, due to your 'thinking' that 'moderate muslims' would have more moderate views on the subject of, for example, stoning women to death for having looked at someone the wrong way, the horrific and often court-ordered rape as punishment for any perceived transgression (yes, these things actually happen), the torture and murder of innocent people, even for the mere accusation of being gay - nevermind if the allegation is even true or not, child abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, genital mutilation, and I'll stop the list in the interest of time.

But the point is that there is a real problem in the fact that sharia law is not compatible with our own western culture and our cultural values, and there is therefore a real problem, when communities in the west lobby to implement it. It cannot and does not exist side by side with the doctrines and norms that our laws dictate and uphold, and so as you can imagine, there has been an enormous upswell of a contingent now (somewhat belatedly) trying to fight to keep this trend from continuing, or taking over.

That's in a nutshell, the shortest answer I can give to your question. I thought you asked a genuine question and you were also polite about it, so I answered. But I'm aware this isn't really the ideal site on which to get into any of this.

I thought it was worth answering though, because I think there are a lot of people lobbing insults here regularly, on subjects that many people aren't even basically informed about - on even the most superficial level.

Again - not a criticism of you. Simply my comment on the generally hot-headed and very antagonistic retorts we often see here on these subjects in general.

Live and let live in my mind is always the best policy. However that isn't the outlook of the feeling for a lot of people, and the reason this is such a sensitive subject, is because a lot of people think Islam is being unfairly 'discriminated' against. There are not two Islams. Everyone should be free to practice whatever religion they choose. However there is one ideology that doesn't permit that, and it is that same ideology that does not in any way allow conformation to Western values, laws, or dictates.

There is also, certainly on this site, a very real problem in discussing anything in an intelligent way at all, given that many posters don't even know the difference between 1. religion 2. race 3. ideology 4. doctrine 5. dictates 6. sovereign law.

In any case, I hope this helped a bit. The name calling on this site obviously brings everything down to the truly lowest common denominator, which is that of a complete lack of education in even knowing how to behave or how to interact on even the most basic level.

Dude you are wasting your breath. They follow PC which is a much a religion as any other. Words lose their secular meaning and become metaphysical. "race" becomes just about anything, religion, culture. Culture is culture, religion is religion, but not in the PC religion. One thing is one thing today and another the next. The cart drives the horse LOL. Intelligence is not based on knowledge but on hipness. Insanity.

Could you provide some concrete examples of this please?
Could I provide you with some concrete examples? I can concretely provide you with the following, and that is to explain that it is not my job, and completely outside the realm of reasonable request, for me to give anyone a summary on M-Solo.com, of all of the geo-political news that has been developing actively on a day to day, open basis over the last many years. You are actually asking me to watch about 10 years worth of news on 5 different channels in 3 different languages, which is what I do on a day to day basis, plus you are asking me to watch, assess, and assimilate the entire width of political debate program and policy debate programs that are available to the public and which informed people also follow and which I also do, and to summarize all of that for you here for your convenience.

I appreciate anyone asking a genuine question here and there, if someone is genuinely unfamiliar with something or uninformed about a particular topic. But informing oneself will always require a little more work than just posting the occasional pseudo-politically driven question on a Morrissey website.

You don’t get it, do you? Yes, maybe just the act of mentioning someone is not supporting them, but it’s the context as well. Both with LePen and Waters he mentions them and the fact that they were either set up or plotted against. There is nothing in any of his statements that is even remotely condemning in nature or alluding to any dislike; in fact his words in context allude to the exact opposite. I read it as quite sympathetic actually, as did a lot of other people. Not long ago people like Paul Watson, Milo, Richard Spencer etc., were coming out in public support of his statement re: the Manchester bombing. Did he mention anywhere that he thought that they should piss off? Nope, and actually his silence speaks volumes on this matter.

No, you don’t get it.

'Yes, maybe just the act of mentioning someone is not supporting them'

correction.. ''Yes, just the act of mentioning someone is not supporting them'

'Yes, maybe just the act of mentioning someone is not supporting them, but it’s the context as well. Both with LePen and Waters he mentions them'

OK, in context of MORRISSEY everything he's ever said, sung and done, NOW put it into context.

'and actually his silence speaks volumes'

Nope, his silence just invites speculation and accusations. Statements that he has made, either accepted or not by others, he rarely if ever explains them after he has made them.

What's needed is a statement of explanation from M stating EXACTLY why he said this or that before anyone can EVEN start to point fingers and accuse him of being what they can only speculate they think he is. Then again, he doesn't need to explain anything at all to anyone.

'Both with LePen and Waters he mentions them'

mentioning IS NOT supporting.

:tiphat:

LOL
O Jesus, go read a book. Find out that Averroes and Avicenna is Aristotle.
You lefties love Buddhism because it peaceful but that doesn't take away the fact that its probably more ridiculous than even Islam. LOL We are born because in a prior life we were not able to extinguish our desire to live. I mean F.
Buddhism is a Hindu heresy, that should tell you all you need to know about that particular set of nonsense. :crazy:
Ok, I'll put you down as "asshole". Thanks for clarifying!!

Farage threatened to leave UKIP if Waters was elected. He warned that UKIP risks becoming a Nazi party if she was elected.

In other words, we don't mind you pandering to our cause, but since you're a lesbian feminist seeking leadership we're going to pretend that you're even too extreme for us.

Let me repeat that: Morrissey's preferred candidate was voted to be too extreme for UKIP. You can't make this shit up.

She probably thought that if she mimicked the boys they would let her be club leader, and instead she's doing laundry.

No, it's definitely your turn to do the checking. Let me know whether you would prefer to find countries that have or lack equality in terms of inheritance law and I might give you a couple of hints to help you with your research.

That’s what I did and I gave you three countries for a start.

A wall of text to say that politics and religion are complex issues and that you're better than everyone else. That's really all it is.

There's an obvious fallacy that dominates this debate and that is, if you push-back against the fear-mongering towards Muslims, you are somehow being an apologist for Muslim extremists.

It's similar to labeling any criticism of Israel as anti-semetic. In each instance, the person making those comparisons often knows that those comparison's are dishonest.

It is the role of liberals to defend the minority against the mob. Whether it's Christians, Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Gays, Hispanics, Asians, it is what they get elected to do, and what they have been doing since the Civil Rights movement. Without that, many people championing these paranoid causes would not have the voice they do now.

You're welcome.

The reality is this, all of this fear-mongering is going to become old-fashioned, just like every other generation's fear-mongering. Demographics will change, and so will the debate. The amount of time, and energy being wasted on this paranoid delusion will become a cautionary tale to future generations. You will look even more extreme than you do now.

Many people seem hell-bent on embarrassing their grandchildren, and since the Internet never forgets, I say go for it.

UncleSkinny needs his moderation powers revoked.. the guys f***ing nuts.
What next?.. banning people who don't agree with veganism?
My God, what a complete and utter fascist you are.

Sadly, this is true. Cornflakes, Uncleskinny and others who take this matters lightly and with irony should think twice and investigate more when they dismiss the danger to human rights and western values. We may think it's carved in stone, but social equilibrium is a very fragil state of things and always has been so. People used to laugh in front of Hitler manifestations and they didn't believe in the threat he represented to civilization until it was too late. Some people went to bed thinking they were meant to reign till the rest of their lives and the next day they found themselves in the guillotine. These things happen all the time. Look at Spain and the possibility of disintegration. Nothing last forever.

First, this is no real or credible danger of Sharia law becoming governing law in the United States. This is a myth pushed by opportunistic reactionary politicians and dubious right wing "news" sources. If you sincerely think that this is a real threat, please send a link to a credible news source that shows any large-scale effort to "impose" Sharia law in any community in America.

Secondly, the right's concern for the well-being of Muslim women is completely disingenuous. If conservatives really cared about Muslim women's rights, then they would encourage immigration from "repressive" countries, not suppress it. They would welcome women and children refugees, not block them from entering. And they would not continue to support repressive regimes like Saudi Arabia.

But, of course, the anti-Sharia hysteria has never been about women's rights or gay rights. It has always been a tool to promote restrictions on immigration and "anti-terror" military actions (often bombing Muslim women), and to prop us cynical politicians and increase viewership of sensationalist media outlets.

Tags
for britain

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom