Anonymous Users

Who cares. It's a potentially enlightening period though because I bet a lot of anon's don't check the forum and their tag will show on the mirror page of the main page. We can see maybe who's talking to themselves before they figure out this system is in place.

Completely destroying the point of the system and the supposed sense of "community" you seek, CG

- David Singh

...like I said in another thread, it's like one person named Anonymous with 4000 different personalities...

But it is probably 3,990 people, and 10 people with two personalities. If you can't hack it, leave, Sweetpea.

Understand that. What's really interesting is when you engage an anonymous poster and they answer back.

Before you can respond one or two more anonymous posters engage each other and after that I'm lost. Oh well....

If you can't follow a thread, that's your cognitive problem, dude. Doesn't justify banning Anons or showing their I.P. Address.

The point is that it's next to impossible to have any kind of ongoing conversation with anonymous posters, since there's no way to distinguish them from one another. I think this leads to LESS participation, especially among registered members—not more.

Of course, I'm not concerned with page views since this isn't my site. I'm interested in quality of conversation.

Bullshit. Has it effected your ability to post on "what made you smile today?" Has it effected your ability to post on "what are you thinking right now?'

No!

Is there a way an anonymous poster can be tagged as a "likely" repeat poster based on their posting location? That's probably beyond the capability of the software, but a way they can remain anonymous yet we can say "Oh look, it's likely this person also had this idea.."

You know how you have two minutes to correct a post before it says "Edited" on the bottom? Can anonymous posts run the last ten digits of their posting location (I can't think of the word for it) on the bottom?

So you can stalk them, just like you stalked Kristeen Young?

So you can stalk them, just like you stalked Kristeen Young?

Somebody get the burn kit, c6c is on FIRE!!!! Lulz.

Careful, you might get Captcha Cramps in your hand if you don't slow down a bit.

I see it applies retroactively too. I'm so relieved Barney's secret admirer isn't Benny-the-British-Butcher. :D

Some of those old convos and trollfests could be studied for funzies.

anonymous users keep site traffic high I suppose :confused:
of course, they drive away registered users, not that anyone in power seems to care :cool:
so its a vicious cycle :crazy:
anyways, surely most of us have better things to do with our time anyhoo, so best get to it
leave-1_zps8ce65706.gif

Anyone in power? You mean God?

I would like to add. If it is about consistency, put the hash up off the reg user to. Just fair and will keep comment above board for all. If you know what I mean.

Edit - bravo Davidt. Hashes for reg users would be feeling awesome to look at. Will search of the hash be functional. This is going to be a goldmine for the "community". I have no fear. I don't post anon. But I would love to see if anyone has cracked with anger, gone Anon and said shit that is out of their reg character but probably matches their true character perfectly.

Last edited:
I would like to add. If it is about consistency, put the hash up off the reg user to. Just fair and will keep comment above board for all. If you know what I mean.

Edit - bravo Davidt. Hashes for reg users would be feeling awesome to look at. Will search of the hash be functional. This is going to be a goldmine for the "community". I have no fear. I don't post anon. But I would love to see if anyone has cracked with anger, gone Anon and said shit that is out of their reg character but probably matches their true character perfectly.

I think it would be a riot--literally--to turn the tags on the registered regulars users for 24 hours to see who posted what in the past. But that is never going to happen. Though it did back in 2004. I loved it. The trolls all peed their pants, I'm sure. But displaying the regs' hashtags would then render them unable to post anonymously. That would actually deter people from registering at all.

Last edited:
I'd love to know my own hash tag so I can convert the gematria and see if it's hilarious. :p

Do you know what a hashed IP is? Didn't think so, troll.

Someone who doesn't know what a "hashed IP" is would strike me as, rather than a "troll," merely someone with a life. Any new documents in the bodyguard court case today, by the way?

Is your name Jamie?

That reminds me: let's add your hobby of blithely doxing your critics to the list of likely factors in the forum's decline. Some people don't trust this place anymore. Simple as that.

Maybe if you don't know what something is, you should go spouting off about how horrible is. But you seem to also like to talk about things you know little about, so that's not surprising.

Someone who doesn't know what a "hashed IP" is would strike me as, rather than a "troll," merely someone with a life. Any new documents in the bodyguard court case today, by the way?

That reminds me: let's add your hobby of blithely doxing your critics to the list of likely factors in the forum's decline. Some people don't trust this place anymore. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom