Anthony Bourdain namechecks Morrissey in Season 3 premiere of "Parts Unknown"

I love Anthony Bourdain, where as Morrissey makes me feel bad about my need to eat animals occasionally* :o
"T-dog" does just the opposite :thumb:

*=do I still eat animals? yes, however, here in China it is much easier to eat meals that have either little or no meat in them
its one of the best things about Asia in general :guitar:

It's no secret that I am a huge Bourdain fan. Just watched that episode again tonight.

Check out his show, Parts Unknown, on CNN.

Last edited:
Gross.

Watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown tonight (a repeat of this season's premiere from April 13th), I heard Bourdain say this about his travels through Punjab, India:

"Checking off my list of things to do in the Punjab....I gotta' score some animal protein. It's time. I've been going all Morrissey for like two days now...and frankly, that's enough. I need chicken."

My subsequent review of the closed captioning revealed I hadn't heard wrong; though, the "I've been" sounded more like "I'm been."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've been going all Morrissey "
What eating dairy products ? Only asking keep your keep your animal product free tweeds on.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Anthony Bourdain had a meat filled dinner with Morrissey's #1 idol Buster Poindexter on one of his shows!!!! hot hot hot. Why doesn't Morrissey boycott Buster Poindexter too? WTF

look, if you actually watch the episode in question then A.B. is actually commenting upon how much of the meatless food is amazing in India :thumb:
like many, he simply has no tolerance for the lack of quality when it comes to "vegetarian" cuisine, at least as it is practiced in much of "the West" :sick:
to be honest, I think this fact might be the greatest negative for "the cause" in general :eek:
wanna save some animals?
then learn to make flavorful exciting food like they do in India :cool:
and I would add to that the many either meatless or "no meatless" dishes you will find prepared with incredible skill all over China & South East Asia :guitar:

I might find this person bearable if he wasn't such a socially cowardly poser.

You're right about one thing. Dude is a big time poseur.

I read KC and Nasty Bits. He can't write worth dick. Just a cook trying hard to be a Manny Farber. (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

Anthony Bourdain had a meat filled dinner with Morrissey's #1 idol Buster Poindexter on one of his shows!!!! hot hot hot. Why doesn't Morrissey boycott Buster Poindexter too? WTF

Because they had drinks in a fruity tiki bar? C'mon we all know Morrissey is a huge hypocrite. Do people really take him seriously?

You're right about one thing. Dude is a big time poseur.

I read KC and Nasty Bits. He can't write worth dick. Just a cook trying hard to be a Manny Farber. (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

Bourdain was a working chef (not cook) for decades. Went to the CIA. Is a skilled writer. And a brilliant TV personality. You seem to think he is shit yet watch his show and read his books. I am confused.

Bourdain was a working chef (not cook) for decades. Went to the CIA. Is a skilled writer. And a brilliant TV personality. You seem to think he is shit yet watch his show and read his books. I am confused.

He unambiguously supports animal torture. He's a huge asshole.

You love him because you think of the foodie movement as relevant to your general upper middle class pretensions. Zzzzzz, tired of hearing about that.

He unambiguously supports animal torture. He's a huge asshole.

You love him because you think of the foodie movement as relevant to your general upper middle class pretensions. Zzzzzz, tired of hearing about that.

He does not support animal torture. He supports preparing and eating great food—whether it is found in the upper echelons of a five star, celebrity chef owned restaurant or a home cooked meal in Palestine. He is a gastro-anthropologist. That is why I love him. He explores and shares his observations and insights about the foodways—and sometimes the politics—of a region with intelligence and respect for the people and their culture. He never exploits them—like asshats Zimmerman and Fieri. It has more to do with my educational background and interests in food and culture than my class.

He does not support animal torture. He supports preparing and eating great food—whether it is found in the upper echelons of a five star, celebrity chef owned restaurant or a home cooked meal in Palestine. He is a gastro-anthropologist. That is why I love him. He explores and shares his observations and insights about the foodways—and sometimes the politics—of a region with intelligence and respect for the people and their culture. He never exploits them—like asshats Zimmerman and Fieri. It has more to do with my educational background and interests in food and culture than my class.

He wraps FBE in a pita and eats it.

Les Halles has the best pommes frites in New York City. Better even than the Belgian place on 2nd Ave in the East Village.

He does not support animal torture.

You're such an expert on him, yet you're unaware of his support for foi gras?

Yes, force-feeding geese--absolutely not animal torture.

Chicago tried to outlaw foi gras. Bourdain personally lent support to the opposition.

He supports animal torture. It's inarguable.

It has more to do with my educational background and interests in food and culture than my class.

We're still waiting for the faintest sign that you possess any of these things.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom