Any advice for someone who's going to their first concert?

Here is a stupid question. I am a newbie to the queing thing cause I have only seen him at festivals and I'm wondering: What if you are in the queue and you have to pee? Will you get your spot back?
I am going to Hamburg, will the Germans also start queing at 1pm?

Here is a stupid question. I am a newbie to the queing thing cause I have only seen him at festivals and I'm wondering: What if you are in the queue and you have to pee? Will you get your spot back?

Nope. But if you're going with a group of friends you can 'switch' places and head back with a tool of drinks. So they 'won't notice' it too much. Got a question as well. Where do I 'keep' my camera if I want to get through security without losing it to them.

Yes, we have like two topics going on here, and I'm looking for show advice. Please continue elsewhere. :p

My apologies Blue Dress :)

Back on topic, it's interesting to hear other people's experiences and advice, I maybe have a vague idea what to expect now. I almost can't think about it at the moment, I get too excited! Plus I want to actually make sure I get a ticket and be able to hold it in my hand... roll on Friday.

I think I want to get there early-ish but it's going to be so cold, not looking forward to that part too much. And I think I'll be in such absolute shock of actually seeing Morrissey for real I'll be rendered absolutely speechless, so no real chance of singing along! Can't wait :)

Definitely don't drink! Drinking loads of alcohol will make you need to pee loads and the worst thing to spend a gig doing is traipsing to and from the loo. (Happened to me last weekend!)

But in libations in moderation can definitely enhance the experience. Like one-two drinks just ahead of time is ideal.

(I DO agree that it is not wise to get wasted before the concert)

Nope. But if you're going with a group of friends you can 'switch' places and head back with a tool of drinks. So they 'won't notice' it too much. Got a question as well. Where do I 'keep' my camera if I want to get through security without losing it to them.

I'm going on my own.

Hm...so does anybody have a really good trick to how to avoid having to pee :D

I guess try not to catch cold, and since it's December you won't have to drink much water!

Hm...hope it works. I have the smallest bladder in the world. Always a huge problem when I'm at Roskilde.
But yeah Im just gonna dehydrate, that's the trick :D

Do you really think there is no chance that the nice Germans will keep the place in line for you if you have to go pee-pee? :p

Well, my personal experience was that all of the fans at Leeds were really friendly. We all had a good chat before he came on, and we all saved places for each other. The only bit of advice is that if you want to stand at the front, prepare for some very nasty bruises! I have been to many seriously hardcore metal gigs, and I have never, ever been so badly battered and bruised after a gig! I was so determined to stay at the front, but some people thought I would be a nice easy person to push past because I'm a woman. BIG MISTAKE!!! I am a woman who worships Moz and while I have scrawny arms, I did an awful lot of lifting in the job I had at the time! They got a real shock when they couldn't move me!!!

I went to my first ever Morrissey gig on April 19th in Llandudno - an awesome venue, it only held about a thousand people, and we managed to be pretty close to the front. The problem is, I get extremely panicky in crowds, so pushing through all these huge blokes (I'm a teeny tiny girlie!) freaks me out somewhat. (I had a massive rant at some 6 foot 6 geezer at the Llandudno gig because he kept shoving me!) I'm going to the GMEX on Saturday and, to be honest, I will be quite happy wherever I stand, as long as I can see him reasonably well and hear him. I'm not fighting my way through those crowds, it would finish me off! Just to be in the same room as him and hear him sing live will be quite enough for me. :)

I'm going to the Friday Gmex gig, with Lor as it happens :) we've arranged to meet at 6pm, as the doors open at 6.30, so we'll queue for half an hour, how near to the front will we be?

I'm going to the Friday Gmex gig, with Lor as it happens :) we've arranged to meet at 6pm, as the doors open at 6.30, so we'll queue for half an hour, how near to the front will we be?

The queue will begin around midday.

Depends on your moral, if you don't have any problem harrasing children then you can use your elbows to come quite close. Otherwise you'll be "some meters" away much depending if it's there's people with sitting tickets. Would recommend you to be there earlier, atleast one hour since it's hard to find people plus most of the people comes that last hour.

We never bother with trying to get to the very front because we don't want to get all hot and sweaty and our nice clothes and hair messed up before we go out 'partying'! Also, we have come to accept that he is never going to spot either of us in the crowd and realise his years of loneliness have been erm...just cos he hasn't met either of us yet ha :rolleyes: And ALSO, we can't be bothered risking our lives like that on the off-chance of a piece of shirt. I can see why people do wanna get to the front, and we do want shirt, but we'd rather get a pint, have a ciggie and just get a decent spot about halfway through the crowd :)

My advice would be: love like you've never been hurt, sing like you've never heard a recording of yourself and dance like nobody's watching!! ;)

See ya there if you're off on 22nd, we're the two tall girls who show big love for Irish Blood...

Depends on your moral, if you don't have any problem harrasing children then you can use your elbows to come quite close. Otherwise you'll be "some meters" away much depending if it's there's people with sitting tickets. Would recommend you to be there earlier, atleast one hour since it's hard to find people plus most of the people comes that last hour.

I wouldn't have much of a problem harassing children, particularly considering our ages... we're probably about as young as you get (we're both 13) and it's all standing. We can't arrange to go any earlier, as I won't actually see/speak to her until the 22nd, (her mobile doesnt work here, and she has no computer). Anyway, we don't really want to be right at or near the front, since her family (mother, father and sister) are also coming, and aren't likely to be as enthusiastic. Oh well. We're small. We have elbows. We can squirm our way forward :) As long as we're not at the back we don't mind.

I wouldn't have much of a problem harassing children, particularly considering our ages... we're probably about as young as you get (we're both 13) and it's all standing. We can't arrange to go any earlier, as I won't actually see/speak to her until the 22nd, (her mobile doesnt work here, and she has no computer). Anyway, we don't really want to be right at or near the front, since her family (mother, father and sister) are also coming, and aren't likely to be as enthusiastic. Oh well. We're small. We have elbows. We can squirm our way forward :) As long as we're not at the back we don't mind.

Ha! What a cool 13-year-old! When I was 13, I thought Ocean Colour Pants were quality music! :eek:

Hmm, was under the impression that you were 15:eek: .
Yeah it can be pretty rough in the front, especially the drunk people, have good and protective shoes:). I'm one of those who always have to be in the front and enjoy queueing.

Cheers

Alcohol keeps you warm But you will ahve to go to the loo, my advice is to mot drink anything till after the concert. Peanuts are good food for the queue by the way.

Ha! What a cool 13-year-old! When I was 13, I thought Ocean Colour Pants were quality music! :eek:

Thank you! Nobody ever says I'm cool! :) But then, considering the people I spend most of my time with (ie- 13 year olds) that isn't really a bad thing, the cool people are listening to *cringe* the Pussycat Dolls. :p

Back
Top Bottom