Any one from UK going to Rome?

billybu69

Subscriber
I found three day weekend break with flights from Manchester to a hotel 4Km from the venue for £230 very tempted . Thoughts?

Rome's one of those places I've always wanted to visit, Barcelona , Dublin, New York, Tokyo, LA, Paris, Rome. Seems like a great opportunity to especially after you take a look at the venue the gig is at, is it an out door auditorium? it looks like one. The only thing that could put a dampener on a trip is the proximity to the familys summer holidays, but £230 not the end of the world.

Sounds like a great idea - a weekend in Rome, some Moz sightseeing and a gig - for £230 plus spends - why wouldn't you?

Dave

Rome's one of those places I've always wanted to visit, Barcelona , Dublin, New York, Tokyo, LA, Paris, Rome. Seems like a great opportunity to especially after you take a look at the venue the gig is at, is it an out door auditorium? it looks like one. The only thing that could put a dampener on a trip is the proximity to the familys summer holidays, but £230 not the end of the world.

go for it !!! i went last time to see him in rome - at ostia antica , and it was a brilliant experience - rome is gorgeous ! not sure if the venue is outdoors , but you could hang round his hotel ( de russe last time) - we met jesse and matt going to meet moz for tea ! i am looking at going to the one in grado and combining it with a few days in venice - that one is an outdoor venue .. i think ! i got my tickets through ticketzone.it (something like that) and there were no problems - picked up from venue !

i will be going to milan, not sure which hotel to pick just yet, anyone any ideas, i was thinking of near the train station, but usually after 11pm they take a nasty turn for the worse around train stations

i will be going to milan, not sure which hotel to pick just yet, anyone any ideas, i was thinking of near the train station, but usually after 11pm they take a nasty turn for the worse around train stations

The train station in Milan is quite far from the centre of Milan. When I was there it was a tram ride, though I made a nice stroll of it back.

I stayed in a hotel next to the station - Hotel Napoleon or something to that effect. Was a good cheap and cheerful base, no thrills. I read afterwards that you should avoid that area after hours, but it seemed okay to me! The metro system in Milan is very good and it was only 5 mins to the city centre. Took 45 minutes to walk.

Anything going on in Rome after show?

Anyone know if anything is arranged for Rome?

If not, which areas would be the best for Mozz fans to have a post show drink?

Thanks.

Haven't got tickets, just happen to be in Rome this weekend. What's the chances of a few tickets being sold on the door on the night? Worth going up? Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

You will ALWAYS be able to get tickets for any Morrissey show, just go along a few hours before doors. Even if it's sold out (and I don't think it is), there will be tickets returned from people who can't go, or people outside trying to sell extras they no longer need.

Back
Top Bottom