Anybody win tickets for BBC 6 Music Live?

Anybody win tickets for Morrissey's show at Maida Vale at the BBC in England, three weeks today? I enetered and they were suppose to announce the winners today, just seeing if anybody was lucky enough to win!

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'd love to know why the BBC were doing the 80% of tickets to Londoners thing.
Should be the other way around.
Regards,
FWD.

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'd love to know why the BBC were doing the 80% of tickets to Londoners thing.
Regards,
FWD.

At least 50/50 would be more fair. :thumb:

Regards,
FWD.
It couldn't agree more. No reason for it as far as I could see. London is not the world. Cars,trains and even aeroplanes now exist !

Last edited:
According to my maths: 2 pairs of 70 tickets = 140 tickets.
80% of 140 = 112 = 56 winners inside London.
= 28 tickets for non-Londoners = 14 winners outside London.
Very lucky indeed.
FWD.

Anybody win tickets for Morrissey's show at Maida Vale at the BBC in England, three weeks today? I enetered and they were suppose to announce the winners today, just seeing if anybody was lucky enough to win!

Today is not the day to contact the winners, it's around 25th September.

The entry has closed this morning.

My friend won Johnny Marr tickets in 2014, got an email at the end of September.

You'll find out by Monday

Successful applicants will be sent a pair of tickets as an eTicket by Monday 18 September. If you have not received a ticket by that date your application has not been successful. No correspondence will be entered into

The 'official' FB is giving some tickets away.
Their post doesn't allow sharing.

20170911_203918.png

Regards,
FWD.

I wonder if he'll come back to Manchester in the New Year. I hope so. This 80%/20% business is ridiculous.

I believe the reason why they give the majority to tickets to those in London is because the studios are in London, and they need to be sure the venue fills. If they give out the tickets to people anywhere, it's bound that people will drop out. E.G, someone getting a pair of tickets in Glasgow is less likely to be able to get to the venue whereas as Londoner can just pop on a bus. I wouldn't take it so personally.

I believe the reason why they give the majority to tickets to those in London is because the studios are in London, and they need to be sure the venue fills. If they give out the tickets to people anywhere, it's bound that people will drop out. E.G, someone getting a pair of tickets in Glasgow is less likely to be able to get to the venue whereas as Londoner can just pop on a bus. I wouldn't take it so personally.

Oh, I don't take it personally. I do understand the reasoning behind it, but equally I think the percentage is just a little extreme - even 60/40 would have been more sensible, especially since many Morrissey fans are from up north. And as someone said further up, there are so many means of transport these days. I mean blimey, thousands from all over the world travelled to Sweden just to see him do a book signing, despite knowing the slim chance they had of getting through the doors, so it's not like people aren't prepared to go. I'm not bitter lol, I never expect to win entering stuff like this, anyway. It just seems a bit unfair, is all.

Oh, I don't take it personally. I do understand the reasoning behind it, but equally I think the percentage is just a little extreme - even 60/40 would have been more sensible, especially since many Morrissey fans are from up north. And as someone said further up, there are so many means of transport these days. I mean blimey, thousands from all over the world travelled to Sweden just to see him do a book signing, despite knowing the slim chance they had of getting through the doors, so it's not like people aren't prepared to go. I'm not bitter lol, I never expect to win entering stuff like this, anyway. It just seems a bit unfair, is all.

Actually when BBC did a similar event Richard Hawley with an orchestra in Sheffield, they stated that 80% would be selected from local area and 20% the rest of the country.

Sadly UK has many issues such as unpredictable weather and unreliable public transport.
It is very sensible to give out tickets in this way.

Unfortunately BBC would not consider the nature or characteristic of fanbase of each act.

Actually when BBC did a similar event Richard Hawley with an orchestra in Sheffield, they stated that 80% would be selected from local area and 20% the rest of the country.

Sadly UK has many issues such as unpredictable weather and unreliable public transport.
It is very sensible to give out tickets in this way.

Unfortunately BBC would not consider the nature or characteristic of fanbase of each act.

" Sadly UK has many issues such as unpredictable weather and unreliable public transport. "
I guess nothing much can be done about the weather but unreliable public transport?
There are issues with public transport in more countries, in mine too but to say it is unreliable says a lot.
Why can't UK have a more reliable transport? It is incredible in this time and age, a modern country does not want to invest in it.

" Sadly UK has many issues such as unpredictable weather and unreliable public transport. "
I guess nothing much can be done about the weather but unreliable public transport?
There are issues with public transport in more countries, in mine too but to say it is unreliable says a lot.
Why can't UK have a more reliable transport? It is incredible in this time and age, a modern country does not want to invest in it.

If you live in the UK, you find that public transport system is often affected by the unpredictable weather.

In December 2006, due to sudden thick fog, many flights were cancelled.
I booked a flight from Heathrow to Manchester to see Morrissey's G-Mex lives, but I had to travel by train.

Due to privatisation, railway operators aren't invest weather proof technologies.

One of the reasons for unreliable public transport system in the UK is that the Conservative government made a wrong decision to privatise it in order to cut the budgets.

Rail workers in particular often complain that they don't get enough salary and benefits.
UK rail passengers are always suffering from industrial disputes and high fares.

If you live in the UK, you find that public transport system is often affected by the unpredictable weather.

In December 2006, due to sudden thick fog, many flights were cancelled.
I booked a flight from Heathrow to Manchester to see Morrissey's G-Mex lives, but I had to travel by train.

Due to privatisation, railway operators aren't invest weather proof technologies.

One of the reasons for unreliable public transport system in the UK is that the Conservative government made a wrong decision to privatise it in order to cut the budgets.

Rail workers in particular often complain that they don't get enough salary and benefits.
UK rail passengers are always suffering from industrial disputes and high fares.

Utter rubbish, I'm afraid - If anything, it is more in the interest to improve the weather-proofing nature of the trains and stations on the basis that delays cost them profit.

Network Rail, of which runs the train tracks, signals etc, of which are most affected during times of poor weather, is publicly owned.

the 80 / 20 split, considering UK residents all pay towards the national bbc license fee, does seem unfairly skewed.

I'm guessing travel logistics, carbon footprint probably the reason they go with that.

Tags
maida vale bbc
Back
Top Bottom