Anyone watching Becanissim highlights on ITV2 now?

'Dead in the bath' was first said by Morrissey on Russell Brand's radio show in Dec 2006 to describe himself in his early years/time in The Smiths I seem to recall.

He clearly needs to rest his voice..

Morrissey's done only 15 full length concerts this year.
How much time has been spent in recording studio in addition to this?
Best to rest properly before touring the new album..

Having said this the contrast with the other bands on the ITV2 show was marked. They shouted their songs, barely audible above the guitars. Each song followed the same musical format.
Morrissey makes sure you could hear every word above the band. Is this because he's aiming for the brain as well as the heart. That is, to have audience enjoy the lyrical cleverness as well as the emotion of the music?

The other bands had more space for instumental solos, improvisation, whereas with Morrissey you get a consistently high quality sound, but listening to different concert audios, not a lot of change in the delivery of each song from one concert to another. There is some change in arrangement, but not the.. looseness..is that the phrase I'm looking for?

anyone has recorded this? and would this put up to youtube...thanks;)

damm"VIdeo can only be viewed if youre in the Uk " i thought so..but thnks anyway ;)maybe someday it will appear on youtube or downloads secrtion..

Morrissey's done only 15 full length concerts this year.
How much time has been spent in recording studio in addition to this?
Best to rest properly before touring the new album..

Having said this the contrast with the other bands on the ITV2 show was marked. They shouted their songs, barely audible above the guitars. Each song followed the same musical format.
Morrissey makes sure you could hear every word above the band. Is this because he's aiming for the brain as well as the heart. That is, to have audience enjoy the lyrical cleverness as well as the emotion of the music?

The other bands had more space for instumental solos, improvisation, whereas with Morrissey you get a consistently high quality sound, but listening to different concert audios, not a lot of change in the delivery of each song from one concert to another. There is some change in arrangement, but not the.. looseness..is that the phrase I'm looking for?

It could of been Kate Moss making him gag..

'Dead in the bath' was first said by Morrissey on Russell Brand's radio show in Dec 2006 to describe himself in his early years/time in The Smiths I seem to recall.
Yes that is true. I listened to the first one back in April for comparitive purposes...
I think I understand what he is saying with the first 3 words....yes indeed!
Still not sure about 'conquistador' and 'poeticism'.Maybe they are just to throw people off.. I had better put on my Miss Marple thinking cap..

Back
Top Bottom