Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a wardrobe stylist

Originally posted at somedizzywhore.com:

Army Navy still battling as an indie with 'The Last Place' - Pop & Hiss, LA Times music blog

Excerpt:

The chance to collaborate with Morrissey isn't an opportunity most young rock musicians would take lightly. Justin Kennedy of the recently reinvigorated Army Navy justifiably jumped at the opportunity. But the band, having just released the vibrant collection of lovelorn-in-Los Angeles power pop that is "The Last Place," didn't gleam much musical knowledge from the dapper chronicler of strained relationships.

Kennedy, after all, pays the bills as a wardrobe stylist. "I dress people for photo shoots or events, or dress actors for red-carpet events," Kennedy said.

Sometimes these lead to exciting encounters, he said, such as the time he flew in Tom Cruise's private jet, and sometimes helping a man dress to his best can be "a dream come true," such as Kennedy's moment with Morrissey.

"I don't get to work with many musicians, so working with him, someone who has influenced me since I was a child -- and probably a major influence on the way I think -- was amazing," Kennedy said. "I was able to chill with him."

Morrissey even gave Kennedy a nickname. "He called me '80s legs," Kennedy said. "He said, 'What's up with the skinny jeans? Is that a retro thing?' At the end of the day he said to me, 'Thanks, '80s legs.' I was like, 'Holy crap, Morrissey just gave me a nickname!'"

Last edited:
This is definitely the news we've been waiting for. Sweet!

Skinny jeans are "retro/80s"? Someone needs to tell Marr, he's been wearing them for the last three decades :cool:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....Yawn.....wake me when this is over....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

don't comment here, go to the new nbumber 1 fan site morrisseysworld - www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com has now taken over from morrissey solo. It does all the same news stories without trolls and rubbish comments. viva morrisseys world!!!!!

come join us all - many comments today, thousands of hits, it's great! And no negativity!!!!

Off topic

story sounds like shit to me.. i don't think moz would ever call someone 80's legs.

Er, the prior source may have been at - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4205774/5/ - posted by me a day before sdw. Just saying, since sources are being cited. Seeing as we're all rushing headlong, herdlike, into an ever-expanding cyber-matrix of smoke and mirrors, someone may also like to go and fetch a possibly more pertinent item from there - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4469819/1/ - about Morrissey's contribution to a documentary on Mott the Hoople for release soon.

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

Er, the prior source may have been at - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4205774/5/ - posted by me a day before sdw. Just saying, since sources are being cited. Seeing as we're all rushing headlong, herdlike, into an ever-expanding cyber-matrix of smoke and mirrors, someone may also like to go and fetch a possibly more pertinent item from there - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4469819/1/ - about Morrissey's contribution to a documentary on Mott the Hoople for release soon.

Uh sorry. I run SDW and I found it last night going thru google. The story is from July. I don't go on All You Need Is Morrissey just to clarify. If only people would cut out the middle men and go on SDW. Then you all would get stories alot faster.

-C

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

Uh sorry. I run SDW and I found it last night going thru google. The story is from July. I don't go on All You Need Is Morrissey just to clarify. If only people would cut out the middle men and go on SDW. Then you all would get stories alot faster.

-C

and if I did get it from AYNIM or Solo..I do site my sources.

-C

Goinghome as someone who loves Morrissey why do you post on a website that Morrissey hates? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical. Join us all at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Better conversations, your intelligence will be an asset to the site. This site is nothing but negativity and Morrissey-bashing. It's dead.

Goinghome as someone who loves Morrissey why do you post on a website that Morrissey hates? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical. Join us all at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Better conversations, your intelligence will be an asset to the site. This site is nothing but negativity and Morrissey-bashing. It's dead.

It's a Morrissey news clusterf***..haha. I will stay out of it from now on.

-C

You must be a very lonely person if you need to pretend you're somebody else to get attention.

Posting on a 'Dead' site. Well done.

-C

Not at all. Wasn't sure is all; no big deal. Thanks for being reasonable. I've again had recourse to your stellar research on beginning a thread about support acts for Morrissey on which everyone is invited to flesh out at will the quite long list of names of bands/singers who took their bow before Morrissey down through the years - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4467049/1/#new

Melissa Ferrick and Sack are the first out of the hat for closer inspection.

Much obliged. :)

My only questions is why you come to a site that Morrissey hates, wants to shut down, wears a '__' the site t shirt, attacks in his interviews etc.? Why do you think he does that?

I'll tell you why. It's the disgusting lies and hatred on this site. Look at the libellous b______ in the forum now. Stuff in there is seriously shocking, read damian dempsey's comments on the morrisseysworld thread - and no one even questions her.

I've only been here now and then but I doubt I'll be back. I just wondered why someone who seems intelligent and thoughtful like goinghome comes to this hellhole. It was just a question, no need for the personal BS. By the way who am I 'pretending to be?'

My only questions is why you come to a site that Morrissey hates, wants to shut down, wears a '__' the site t shirt, attacks in his interviews etc.? Why do you think he does that?

I'll tell you why. It's the disgusting lies and hatred on this site. Look at the libellous b______ in the forum now. Stuff in there is seriously shocking, read damian dempsey's comments on the morrisseysworld thread - and no one even questions her.

I've only been here now and then but I doubt I'll be back. I just wondered why someone who seems intelligent and thoughtful like goinghome comes to this hellhole. It was just a question, no need for the personal BS. By the way who am I 'pretending to be?'

If there's libellous stuff, then I await the court case with interest. Otherwise it's all comment, including your stuff. You are free to visit or create a site where you control things and only allow nice things.

P.

was my comment deleted? I don't know.

=I was just asking why you come to a site that Morrissey hates, he wears tshirts telling his fans to ____ the site, and that's because it's lied a bout him, allowed sick comments like on the forum right now, and generally is a cesspit.

Do you really think this is a good site?

I also asked who am I pretending to be? The paranoia on this site is becxause it's full of bad people. Everyone looking over their shoulder. Maybe that's just the kind of people who like solow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom