Article: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Altern

UPDATE Feb. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Firefly Festival - true-to-you.net
18 February 2015

​Morrissey will be second on the bill at the Firefly Festival at the Woodlands of Dover International Speedway, Dover, Delaware, in June.

Roberto Ferdenzi posts the link:

Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Alternative Nation

Our sources can confirm that former Smiths frontman Morrissey will be one of the many acts to play at this year’s Firefly Music Festival this June at the Woodlands in Dover, DE. The official Firefly lineup is expected to be announced by Red Frog Entertainment at 3:00 PM EST/2:00 CST we can announce and confirm via a high ranking source that Morrissey will be one of the many acts to be performing at the festival.

The Firefly Music Festival lineup was reportedly leaked back in January from a Twitter account called @EDMSecrets, today it was also reported by Philadelphia rock station 104.5, that the official app for the festival leaked the lineup which mirrors the same one last month and also lists Morrissey as a performer.

UPDATE Feb. 26:

Link posted by sweetness522 (original post):

Firefly director: 90,000-plus fans possible - delawareonline.com

Interview with festival director Greg Bostrom.

Excerpt:

Does well-known (and somewhat militant) vegetarian Morrissey know there will be meat served on festival grounds?

Any venue requirements or specific advances from the artists that will be important to their show is discussed during the contract phase. Their camp is aware that Firefly is a festival with a lot of different venues and food options and we've discussed all those considerations. We don't anticipate any problems. There won't be any surprises when he shows up on site.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Al

Lincoln, Nebraska!

Re: Article: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Al

Is meat going to be allowed? I remember being at Coachella when he walked off because of the smoke coming from the food trucks. Wasn't my favorite Morrissey moment..anyway hope he comes to Los angeles and my prayers have been answered with Young gone from my life forever (hopefully)

I'm guessing, yes. Considering this is a festival and not a solo show where he rents the venue, he's not in a position to make the no meat demands.

I'm guessing, yes. Considering this is a festival and not a solo show where he rents the venue, he's not in a position to make the no meat demands.

Countdown until BB comes in here and ruins this thread.

He will not rule this thing with a veggie iron fist, but the festival organizers are apparently trying to accommodate him.

From http://news.yahoo.com/morrissey-return-us-firefly-festival-132758531.html

A notice to potential food sellers on the Firefly website said that the festival was "no longer looking for vendors offering staple menu items" such as burgers but would instead consider purveyors of a "unique menu" including vegetarian items.

He will not rule this thing with a veggie iron fist, but the festival organizers are apparently trying to accommodate him.

A notice to potential food sellers on the Firefly website said that the festival was "no longer looking for vendors offering staple menu items" such as burgers but would instead consider purveyors of a "unique menu" including vegetarian items.

They will accommodate him because they know having him on the bill will bring in the young hipster crowd.

hes got a younger fan base than i would have once thought before seeing them, here in the u.s at least

A sensible way forward. In the UK there's usually a vegan food-stall at festivals as well as several vegetarian options. Perhaps the US is different. All they have to do is ensure that the prevailing winds don't blow bar-b-q beef smoke towards Morrissey's nostrils. Good luck with that one!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Countdown until BB comes in here and ruins this thread.

Please keep on topic. Your comment doesn't address the logistical issues of ensuring Morrissey's nostrils are protected from olfactory assault by undesired scents. I have addressed those difficulties succinctly.

best
BB

They will accommodate him because they know having him on the bill will bring in the young hipster crowd.

No, he's invited because he will bring the hipsters parents/grand-parents along with their kids. They have the disposable income that young people struggle to attain in this economic landscape. They will spend more money, on themselves and on their kids, buying their little nest-flyers a Morrissey t-shirt before they go to Uni or whatever.

best
BB

No, he's invited because he will bring the hipsters parents/grand-parents along with their kids. They have the disposable income that young people struggle to attain in this economic landscape. They will spend more money, on themselves and on their kids, buying their little nest-flyers a Morrissey t-shirt before they go to Uni or whatever.

best
BB

Yes, your retired self knows so much about what kids like. All of this teenagers at the shows I went to must have been hallucinations.

Sounds like Von Sulstrus has an "extremely narrow worldview" because he's intolerant of people like Moz who are of strong moral character.

Here's hoping Buffy brings Moz into the Great White North for a tour date or two while he is in the neighborhood. Hoping more that BSM has seal meat on her rider. Trolls: don't call me racist for that. I really hope she challenges Moz's extremely narrow worldview.

Yes, your retired self knows so much about what kids like. All of this teenagers at the shows I went to must have been hallucinations.

No, they were dragged along by their parents.

best
BB

Re: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival

Please just do Philadelphia so I can skip country-bumpkin fest.

Country-bumpkin fest?
Are you referring to Firefly the Premier East Coast festival?
It's in the beautiful Woodlands setting ,and its only an hour and a half away from Philly.
The best festivals are not in cities btw.

No, they were dragged along by their parents.

best
BB

Yes the many teenagers devoting their tumblr blogs to Morrissey must be forced by their parents.

Got to laugh at the "young hipster " comment. Back in the day (25 years ago) that would be so true. What next ....... bring in Tony Bennett ??? After all he was hipping it up with Lady Ga Ga at the grammies !

Re: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival

Country-bumpkin fest?
Are you referring to Firefly the Premier East Coast festival?
It's in the beautiful Woodlands setting ,and its only an hour and a half away from Philly.
The best festivals are not in cities btw.

she means firefly as there not much in willmington

Got to laugh at the "young hipster " comment. Back in the day (25 years ago) that would be so true. What next ....... bring in Tony Bennett ??? After all he was hipping it up with Lady Ga Ga at the grammies !

Well maybe I was imagining all the young kids at the shows I went to.

It's remarkable how a 55-year old man has so many young fans.

Hipsters don't camp and all the motels in Dover are trashy as hell.

oh hipsters camp just not in dover. in baltimore farm fest is a big hipster musical thing that we all camp at.

Yes the many teenagers devoting their tumblr blogs to Morrissey must be forced by their parents.

Oh, they're a sub-set of child abuse victims forced to listen to Morrissey by their parents until they're indoctrinated in the cult. It's a real outrage but there we go.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Well maybe I was imagining all the young kids at the shows I went to.

It's remarkable how a 55-year old man has so many young fans.

Not really. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have many more. As do Jimmy Page & Robert Plant. Morrissey's just another historic relic to check out.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom