Article: Johnny Marr on why Morrissey might be ‘selling the both of us short’; to collect "Godlike G

Re: Johnny Marr on why Morrissey might be ‘selling the both of us short’

Also, that McCartney session he talks about, does anyone know if tapes exist? I'm not a big McCartney fan but I think that would sound mega.

Re: Johnny Marr on why Morrissey might be ‘selling the both of us short’

Also, that McCartney session he talks about, does anyone know if tapes exist? I'm not a big McCartney fan but I think that would sound mega.

I wonder what Linda would have made of the horse-meat scandal in the UK at the minute ? They could have jammed along to 'Meat is Red-Rum'.

Re: Article: Johnny Marr on why Morrissey might be ‘selling the both of us short’; to

Who gives a f*** which Morrissey songs Johnny Marr likes? Johnny Marr is the rash all over Morrissey's career.

Re: Article: Johnny Marr on why Morrissey might be ‘selling the both of us short’; to

I wonder what the session was testing him for? Live act? Album sessions? And who made the decision to end up not working together? I don't see how if you're Paul how you'd turn down Johnny and vice versa.

It happened in the summer of '87. Paul had put up an open jam for two weeks in london in order to record an album of '50's goldies. The album Back in the U.S.S.R. was released only in Russia in '88 and then in the rest of the world in '91. There was no test or anything, it was just 'jams without rehearsals'. It must have been a lot of fun indeed! :guitar:

Its a nice song. If this is the best of the album, there may be a problem, but still I'm looking forward to it. The problem is one of passion. If Johnny injected a tad more passion into his interviews or music, with his musical ability and almost mythical legendary status, he would literally be a chart-topping superstar. In any case, this material is light-years ahead of, and thoroughly more listenable than the utter swill Morrissey has put out the last several years.

Its a nice song. If this is the best of the album, there may be a problem, but still I'm looking forward to it. The problem is one of passion. If Johnny injected a tad more passion into his interviews or music, with his musical ability and almost mythical legendary status, he would literally be a chart-topping superstar. In any case, this material is light-years ahead of, and thoroughly more listenable than the utter swill Morrissey has put out the last several years.

From what I've heard it's okay if you like Beady Eye, I suppose, but not a patch on the last three Moz albums. Even Kill Uncle is a far more interesting listen for me.

Can you shed any light on the image of the banjo and harmonica players you are using? Who's the photographer? Circa of image? Context? thanks! Mike

Tags
interview johnny marr paul mccartney the messenger

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom