Article: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's m

Re: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's my trauma" (in spanish)

I'm chilean, so i know a little about the conflict between moz and Cristian Sanchez. Cristian has told his side of the story before. He said that he was at the front row on the day morrissey played and that morrissey made him leave, because according to him, he was making weird faces at moz and it made him uncomfortable (in fact, Sanchez was making faces at the camera) So our moz was acting like a diva. what a surprise!!

The Translation by google is accurate for the most part :thumb:

This is supposed to be a fan site.

It IS a fan site. It's just that most of his fans are former fans who hate what he's become. The relationship still exists: it's just become acrimonious.

Morrissey is in the midst of his "reap the whirlwind" phase, and I'm actually enjoying being a Morrissey fan now even more than I did in 1992, when he could do no wrong:the constant spectacle of schadenfreude is, frankly, difficult to beat. It's actually a magnificent achievement how thoroughly and how quickly he has burned through so much good will. Keep it up, Morrissey! I know you've got another #Parisforprofit in you somewhere!

but what a great show that was.

lol i'm chilean, so i know about El festival more than you. are you argentinian? because i've some of the reports argentinian television have made about Viña del mar and they are so innacurate. The only singer who doesn't want to return is Xuxa and that's because of some dumb joke the audience made with one of her songs

Yes dear TPB, I am. Considering Chile is "in fashion" here and many argentinians are visiting Chile this summer (part of my family is at La Serena right now) and raving about your country as never happened before, that festival is not well considered here. Sincerely, most artist who attend are not our favorites. Morrissey doesn't deserve this treatment from the organizers. He and his band offered a wonderful show during Viña 2012. It seems more admirable now we know all the problems they had to overcome.

I've just cried me eyes out. Art is supposed to be painful. Always in my prayers. That's all there is to say. Bye and Tar. X

What I'm saying is... No amount of hate or criticisms directed at M is going to bring back from the past your version of what you thought he was or what he once meant to you.

Okay. I agree with your direction on this comment. Maybe I mis-heard your words. The one thing is, I enjoy the current version of Morrissey. I liked the World Peace and wish he would keep making music

It IS a fan site. It's just that most of his fans are former fans who hate what he's become. The relationship still exists: it's just become acrimonious.

Morrissey is in the midst of his "reap the whirlwind" phase, and I'm actually enjoying being a Morrissey fan now even more than I did in 1992, when he could do no wrong:the constant spectacle of schadenfreude is, frankly, difficult to beat. It's actually a magnificent achievement how thoroughly and how quickly he has burned through so much good will. Keep it up, Morrissey! I know you've got another #Parisforprofit in you somewhere!

giphy.gif

all true. but the fact remains that vina del mar is the schlockiest festival on earth. back in the day moz would never think of being part of it.
but then again he thought about writing a song for the eurovision song competition which is probably second tackiest affair.

If someone disapproved of my innocent facial expressions, it would be they whom would be leaving...

all true. but the fact remains that vina del mar is the schlockiest festival on earth. back in the day moz would never think of being part of it.
but then again he thought about writing a song for the eurovision song competition which is probably second tackiest affair.
I know it is. I lived in Vina del Mar for a year in the 80s. Nazareth--yes, Nazareth--was the headliner, already then well past its best before date. My point is, if Morrissey played it he must have known what it was, a MOR, Latin-oriented event staged largely for a very large television audience. He had no business insisting on the removal of regional cultural icons on account of he doesn't like the way their face looks. Morrissey seems fully unable to function at any event where the first front rows aren't populated by cult casualties. It's like the David Bowie tour hissy fit all over again. He's a bubble boy: he can't handle any venue that doesn't lie to him by telling him he's the most important rock star who ever was, or ever will be.

I'm South American too, and there were only two times when I bothered with Viña del Mar (Morrissey and... 31 minutos. What else? Placido Domingo maybe?)
I detest that festival, and that is my right regardless of where I live. I hate the artists that show up there, the whole vibe of the festival. I think it's just a low point in Morrissey's gigography, but he did give a great show. I in fact couldn't believe it when I heard he was performing there. Viña reminds me of course of Eurovision, that tacky it is.
As for Morrissey's behaviour? He's been a diva before and he will be one again, like many artists, and I don't think the producer didn't do her job, she did! She's just got the right to say that Morrissey was more difficult than the rest, big deal. She dealt with it, it's not like she didn't.
And as for that silly guy making faces, there were many "celebrities"making faces as the camera passed by them, but Moz didn't see them all, he just saw this guy in front of him and had him taken away. That is diva behaviour, and I hate that.

Re: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's my trauma" (in spanish)

Why was Sanchez making faces at the camera during his performance? And why wouldn't that bother someone who
not knowing who or what or why he was making faces while he was trying to focus on singing?

'Morrissey will always be my trauma' Guess Yudin couldn't handle the heat :lbf:

Or... Morrissey is kind of a douche.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom