Article: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned (update: full i

Re: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned

he mentions that they'll start recording the new album in February!

Great news! Makes me wonder if Solomon will partake in the recordings or if he is really gone for good? :(

Great, I hope this is the case.

Then let's see how it gets released…

Great, I hope this is the case.

Then let's see how it gets released…

Bingo.

UPDATE Dec. 10:

Vladimir Skočajić has provided the original English replies in the comments:

Here it is the whole interview with Moz, no editing. I've received his answers on December 3rd.

Excerpt:

Q: When you make a list of set lists for the concert, how do you choose songs from your rich catalogue? How often you are changing set lists? Is it each night different or it’s almost the same list throughout your tour?
A: There’s no point considering what people might want to hear, so I just please myself … which means at least one person is definitely happy.
In fact, I often find that the choice of songs doesn’t really matter … people are always responsive.

Q: Money seems to be more important than ever today. Next to sex, it is probably the major fuel of moving the planet Earth. Was it like that when you were a kid? Do you think something has changed, and if so, what?
A: We are told that sex is everywhere for everyone and very, very available, but I don’t ever see it in actuality. It’s promised, yes, but always withdrawn, and that’s what life seems to be about … teasing people. Yes, people are obsessed with money, but the world is also obsessed with space travel and there’s no vague evidence that space travel will be of any remote benefit to the human race. The moon has absolutely nothing to offer. So why do people get so excited about it?

Q: You recorded “Interlude” with Siouxsie. How was that experience for you?
A: It was OK, but she didn’t want to become friends, and she made that very plain from the start. I thought she sang very well.

Q: Have you heard the two new tracks from David Bowie, or maybe his last album, and what’s your opinion?
A: I heard the very first single, and I was pleased for him … that he was still healthy and he was singing.
Tony Visconti (Bowie’s producer) had told me that David no longer had any interest in songwriting or singing, and that David was very unhappy and did nothing but stay in his apartment every day eating meatballs … which sounded terrible. So I was surprised when a new album jumped out, but I didn’t listen to it because I thought the art-work was horrific.
Q: Although you recently recorded a new album, do you have plans for a future album?
A: Yes. We have written a new album and we’d like to record it in February.

Q: Do you often get zero questions about the Smiths in the interviews?
A: There’s nothing left to say about the Smiths. It’s all been said. People no longer ask.

Nikola writes:

There's a new interview on a Serbian portal b92 - they are discussing the upcoming gig in Belgrade AND he mentions that they'll start recording the new album in February! Here's the link....I hope google translate will help!

Morisi za B92: Smitsi više nikoga ne zanimaju - B92

By VLADIMIR SKOČAJIĆ

Last edited:

Could he be talking about how he recorded world peace this past February?

I can't see him recording unless he had a deal.

>> Google Translate <<

Although you recently released a new album, that you might think of next?

Yes. We wrote a new album and I hope that we will record it in February.

relieved. at least as any moz fan can be

This is very exciting, if true.

If it does happen in February, will this be the shortest time period between album sessions?

Could this be a case of wrong translation, as he recorded WPINOYB in February of this year?

That was my first thought too. But WPINOYB was released about 6 months ago so why would he talking about when it was recorded. Surely if he was referring to WPINOYB he would of mentioned the date it was released, not when it was recorded.

If this is accurate, I am so happy! How exciting to see another album born so soon after the last. I loved World Peace and can't wait to see where he takes us with another release!

if true i wonder what direction itll take. it must have been written close to world peace so perhaps itll continue its direction or maybe itll consist of the songs that didnt fit that mold

Hope a new Moz album is released soon. I just love Moz albums. The highest quality music experience you'll find anywhere. Now here's what Moz has to say about sluttiness in the media, greed, and the space race:

Do you have the impression that money is more important today than ever before and that is to sex is the main initiator of the planet Earth?

The media tell us that sex is all around us, that is. that we are all very, very accessible. However, I do not see that is not so. On these media we see sex that we practically waving and winking, but is still untouchable. I think it is that the whole thing - in causing people. The truth is that people are obsessed with money, but the world is too obsessed with the journey into space, and the evidence that we have some practical benefits of going into space practically does not exist. Moon has absolutely nothing to offer the people. But why are we so obsessed with him?

>> Google Translate <<

Although you recently released a new album, that you might think of next?

Yes. We wrote a new album and I hope that we will record it in February.

Could this be a case of wrong translation, as he recorded WPINOYB in February of this year?
A translation error is not beyond the realm of possibility (especially where Google Translate is concerned) but it does appear that Morrissey was asked if he has any plans to record a follow-up to his new album, which is a logical line of questioning. If that's the case, then he can't be referring to WPINOYB in his response.

Hopefully someone who can read the original article will come along and provide clarification.

This is very exciting, if true.

If it does happen in February, will this be the shortest time period between album sessions?

I don't think so. Back in the days of The Smiths and the earlier solo years, a new studio album every year was the norm, not the exception.
I wonder if he's found a record company who have said they will re-release World Peace, but only if he goes into the studio to give them something new to flog as well?

Hopefully someone who can read the original article will come along and provide clarification.

Of course, the original text was first translated from English into Serbian, so it'll always be a bit of a game of telephone with these foreign-language interviews.

Of course, the original text was first translated from English into Serbian, so it'll always be a bit of a game of telephone with these foreign-language interviews.
True, and it's just our luck that Morrissey decided to spill so many beans to the foreign press.

Don't forget, the deal with Harvest was, if I remember correctly, a two album deal, so perhaps the band had songs already ready... No doubt Morrissey would like to work with Joe Chiccarelli again, and that makes sense, to me at least. We shall see... No doubt we'll hear soon once we receive a list of Morrissey conclusion of the tour/year, which is always a pleasure to read.

Does this mean a new record deal announcement is pending?

I doubt moz would have agreed to a new deal so quickly. I think he will shop the new album to different labels as a bargaining tool.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom