Article: Morrissey / Smiths in the media - Radio Times poll, Mark Ronson, Smiths not nominated for "

Morrissey/Kirsty Young voted second best ever broadcast interview (Radio Times)
Uncleskinny sends the link:

David Frost v Richard Nixon voted best ever broadcast interview - Radio Times
Classic 1977 clash beats Kirsty Young, Victoria Derbyshire and Jeremy Paxman in RT poll

David Frost/Richard Nixon (1977) 18.6%
Kirsty Young/Morrissey, Desert Island Discs, Radio 4 (2009) 11.6%
Victoria Derbyshire/Ken Clarke, Radio 5 Live (2011) 10.8%
Jeremy Paxman/Michael Howard, Newsnight, BBC2 (1997) 7.8%
Becky Milligan/Anthony Steen, The World at One, Radio 4 (2009) 6.5%
Melvyn Bragg/Dennis Potter, C4 (1994) 5.5%

Mark Ronson: 'I enjoyed getting death threats from Smiths fans'
King Leer posts the link in the forums (original post):

Mark Ronson: 'I enjoyed getting death threats from Smiths fans' - NME.com

Excerpt:

"People took umbrage with the fact that I was taking these sacred cows of indie music and doing my own versions of them," he said. "If Morrissey and Johnny Marr give their consent I can't be worried about what some 16-year-old in his bedroom thinks. But I do like the fact that a 16-year-old cares enough to send me a MySpace death threat. As long as he doesn't follow through on it."

The Smiths NOT Nominated for 2012 Hall of Fame
thetexasbloke writes:

Once again the Smiths have been looked over for a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination. A singer or band is eligible 25 years after their first release. Some of this years nominations are Beastie Boys, The Cure, Guns N Roses, Jone Jett and the Blackhearts, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donna Summer, War, and others. The inductees will be announced in November. Maybe next year, Smiths fans when Morrissey himself will also be eligible as a solo artist.​

Last edited:
The Smiths and Morrissey were somewhat ahead of their time. Hopefully, the Hall of Fame inducters will catch up to them soon. They don't sound like they really go very deep as far as alternative music goes; or maybe their just
catering to the fans ideas of how popular a band was. The Smiths/Morrissey aren't the only one's being looked over. There are so many underground, alternative bands who don't make the fit - even though their music is
great - but just not having such widespread popularity as the aforementioned bands do who will be inducted in 2012. Just my two-cents.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom