Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

6:20pm. I guess I've lucked out of all 4 shows I applied for at this rate. Good show, Opera house. Good show.

There's still tomorrow, it said between the 9th and 16th, so I assume we have 24hr before we are officially out.

I'm in the same boat, applied to all 4 shows. This is just going to be shit if the dates roll around and he's performing and I can't be there.
Really shitty way to deliver tickets, first come first serve. Maybe you miss out but if you're really on the ball and really want to go you'll get in. This ballot just rewards people who might just "give it a shot and see if I get it" who might get a ticket as opposed to those who would be hammering F5 at 9am when tickets go on sale who might miss out.

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

I'm from Sydney and I've received an email saying I have one ticket for each of the four nights (I requested one ticket for each show, no preference for dates).
My sister who lives in Brisbane and friends in the NT haven't heard anything yet.

Did you get all four tickets via one e-mail or one e-mail per show?

There's still tomorrow, it said between the 9th and 16th, so I assume we have 24hr before we are officially out.

I'm in the same boat, applied to all 4 shows. This is just going to be shit if the dates roll around and he's performing and I can't be there.
Really shitty way to deliver tickets, first come first serve. Maybe you miss out but if you're really on the ball and really want to go you'll get in. This ballot just rewards people who might just "give it a shot and see if I get it" who might get a ticket as opposed to those who would be hammering F5 at 9am when tickets go on sale who might miss out.

I really hope that's the case, Pokey.

I really hope that's the case, Pokey.

Yeah it says the 16th on their website. I don't know if that means as soon as it clicks over to the 16th at midnight tonight or midday tomorrow or 5pm tomorrow, but it does say the 16th.

This ballot just rewards people who might just "give it a shot and see if I get it" who might get a ticket as opposed to those who would be hammering F5 at 9am when tickets go on sale who might miss out.

This is so true and I hate it.

Also Ryan, I do believe there is still tomorrow.

I have applied for 1 for each night and have heard nothing.

This is so true and I hate it.

Also Ryan, I do believe there is still tomorrow.

I have applied for 1 for each night and have heard nothing.

Still checking my email like crazy.

Yes success! A ticket for each night

You Uh, don't need all those tickets, right?

But this is part of why it's unfair, someone can get tickets to multiple nights in place of someone who can't even get tickets to one night.

e: I think no matter what happens tomorrow, even if I get a ticket, im going to write to the opera house with some pretty negative feedback about this whole process.

Last edited:

I'm still clinging to the faintest hope that the organisers couldn't organise a decent piss up in a brewery! At least with that thinking I can fool myself into believing that I'm still in with a chance. However, as it's after 10PM on Sunday night, that hope is fast diminishing. Almost resigned to getting my "Thank you but unfortunately... email tomorrow. The organisers can smugly assert that a ballot is the fairest system but it really discriminates against true fans, in favour of making it easier for them to control the sales. This is going to sound like sour grapes but I wouldn't be surprised if, like the 2000 Olympics, 'all the right people' are well looked after.

Congrats to all the people on here who got lucky. At least those tickets are going to appreciative folk.

2:18am on Monday morning and still nada. I've lost hope.

I am not expecting tickets either and none of my 3 friends have had a sniff. I think someone needs to express our dissatisfaction with the whole sorry process. Let us all see what today brings. It is shocking that some people got tickets for every show and some got jack shit...

I got mine. 3 tickets for Sunday night. 4th row from front, just off centre. Very excited.

8:55 am Monday morning. Nothing.

Nothing for me as well. I just want to go to at least one (but obviously all 4 shows!). I registered 1 minute after the ballot opened. This is such an insulting way to treat hardcore fans.

Nothing for me as well. I just want to go to at least one (but obviously all 4 shows!). I registered 1 minute after the ballot opened. This is such an insulting way to treat hardcore fans.

I did the same thing as you, though 2 tickets for each night.

Surely they'd give me tickets for at least f***ing one show?! And I'm reading people here got tickets to all four.

Beyond insulting to fans indeed.

Did you get all four tickets via one e-mail or one e-mail per show?

All four came in the same email - screenshot below (hopefully this works..)

Morrissey.JPG

If I can't get time off work for the Tuesday/Wednesday I will be selling those tickets at cost price, so will post here once I know for sure.

All four came in the same email - screenshot below (hopefully this works..)

View attachment 33895

Congrats. Looks like a different angle each night which should be fun.

If I can't get time off work for the Tuesday/Wednesday I will be selling those tickets at cost price, so will post here once I know for sure.

God I would so pounce on either of those days if you sell, last week of uni classes be damned! Haha

e: christ every time I get new email I hold my breath and it ends up being some useless shit.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom