Article: "Unite And Take Over" - a comic book anthology of stories inspired by the so

The Smiths Graphic Novel – Starting Something He Can Finish - Bleeding Cool

'Unite And Take Over is a comic book anthology of stories inspired by the songs of The Smiths. Its premise is “What is the story that plays in your head when you listen to your favorite Smiths song?”.'

tcccover-600x900.jpg

The picture they're using to promote it doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, but I'm glad that someone's finally putting something like this together. Many other influential bands and singers have graphic novel anthologies devoted to them, so it's about time The Smiths got one too. It just seems a shame that this looks like it'll be a low budget thing, with unkown writers and artists working on it. The comic book industry is full of heavyweight creators (from Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, to the artist behind the Gorrilaz stuff) who cite Morrissey/The Smiths as huge inspirations, so a big budget thing could have been incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read this. Cracked out a massive curried garlic fart. It STANK. Very fitting I thought.

what a shit!!!

What's next? Toilet paper "the smiths"?

A compilation of the best non-singles tracks? Of course 7" and 12"!!!

Ummm... Strangely enough, this will beat out at least the bottom ten relaunches under DC's 52 #1's coming out this fall. (What the Hell is DC thinking renumbering and screwing with the big blue boy scout yet again?)

Re: Article: "Unite And Take Over" - a comic book anthology of stories inspired by th

what a shit!!!

What's next? Toilet paper "the smiths"?

A compilation of the best non-singles tracks? Of course 7" and 12"!!!

Usually some arse would butt in at this point to say: "Well there's nobody forcing you to buy it, is there? If you don't want one...blah blah blah." Whether it be yet another pointless book, re-release, extortionate remasters or this comic you always get the same response. Of course we all no what these arses really mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI !!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom