Article: "World Peace..." reviews / articles (New Statesman, Clash, Harvard Crimson, Rocky Mountain

Links posted by Belligerent Ghoul:

Reappraisal: Morrissey got better after The Smiths broke up by Rob Pollard - New Statesman
Morrissey was expected to fail after Johnny Marr left The Smiths - but what followed was the artist’s most fascinating period. And he’s still capable of greatness, as World Peace is None of Your Business shows.

Morrissey's New Album Is Full Of Stupid by Joe Zadeh - Clash Magazine
He’s gone and lost it completely…

Morrissey Shows His Teeth on "World Peace" by Ha D.H. Le (3.5 stars) - The Harvard Crimson

Morrissey’s “World Peace Is None Of Your Business” gets lost in static by Katie Schmidt - The Rocky Mountain Collegian

Fr. Neil Horan writes:

3 sets of 8/10's from the part of the Irish Jury:

RTE Radio Review: positive 8/10's from both Lauren Murphy and Simon Maher

Scan of full HotPress Review by Olaf Tyaransen (previous mention), illustration: 8/10.

Link posted by Davide:

Morrissey: se questa è l'umanità, allora io non sono un uomo di GIANNI SANTORO - Repubblica.it (Italian)

Link posted by dirtee rephlex:

Notre Amour de Morrissey n’est plus ce qu’il était - Premiere (French)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews / articles (New Statesman, Clash, Harvard Crimson, Rocky Mount

The Clash article is pretty funny. More interestingly he references Sleaford Mods, classic! When I first heard them, I wondered, what would a young Morrissey think about these guys?

Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews / articles (New Statesman, Clash, Harvard Crimson, Rocky Mount

Morrissey could release a cure for cancer and some reviewers would still give him 2 out of 5 stars.

Morrissey could release a cure for cancer and some reviewers would still give him 2 out of 5 stars.

Which reviewers would do that?

best post ever!

Morrissey's New Album Is Full Of Stupid by Joe Zadeh - Clash Magazine
He’s gone and lost it completely…

Sorry to say, but there are some valid points in here.

Ouch to some of those, but they are right, especially Koe Zadeh.

Does anyone think Morrissey knows about the bad reviews? Would he care or simply count his money? Some artists don't care.

Yes I agree - one too many rhyming couplets this time - but he has been served well by the "band" this time. To be honest how could he ever recreate the early lyrical dexterity? When you are young, shy, awkward and in love you can sing those words and they will strike a chord. They did with me - groan now- I have followed Moz since the early days of the Smiths (before they recorded anything) - groan again. I am the similar age to Moz and you can't (with any credibility) sing about those things anymore. So your world view comes into the mix which can be simplistic/challenging and does not always work (as in some of the lyrics on WPINOYB). That said I am glad that we still have him and that voice. I just hope that he knows when to call it a day - but for now I am happy to take what comes and most of it is pretty good. Lets celebrate the fact that we still have him - please.

You can still sing about more personal and relatable things in your 50s. You don't magically find happiness in middle age. I'm not saying I want him to be unhappy, but hearing songs about a girl under pressure at school and him askin someone to kiss his face is so sad when you consider what he wrote in the past.

Yes I agree - one too many rhyming couplets this time - but he has been served well by the "band" this time. To be honest how could he ever recreate the early lyrical dexterity? When you are young, shy, awkward and in love you can sing those words and they will strike a chord. They did with me - groan now- I have followed Moz since the early days of the Smiths (before they recorded anything) - groan again. I am the similar age to Moz and you can't (with any credibility) sing about those things anymore. So your world view comes into the mix which can be simplistic/challenging and does not always work (as in some of the lyrics on WPINOYB). That said I am glad that we still have him and that voice. I just hope that he knows when to call it a day - but for now I am happy to take what comes and most of it is pretty good. Lets celebrate the fact that we still have him - please.
Some good points. I get the reviewers verdicts, its what they work at. But how dare Morrissey maybe experiment a little, Like he owes some of them on here.
A couple of members gave it a quick listen & have been pissing all over it since. Me, i'm still out between good & great. The founder & a mod or 2 have an agenda i don't care what anyone says...The names hes called on here is not what any artist deserves. But he made it worse for himself, but good for Mr Tseng regarding the T.shirts

Its frustrating coming here a lot of the time. Is it Morrissey.solo or weird al.solo just to stick another nail in.

Last edited:

Some catchy tunes but a large part of me wants to retire this back into my cd case and blast Your Arsenal as loud as possible....

Some catchy tunes but a large part of me wants to retire this back into my cd case and blast Your Arsenal as loud as possible....

I got through it four times, enjoyed it mildly, then went back to blasting Vauxhall.

Some good points. I get the reviewers verdicts, its what they work at. But how dare Morrissey maybe experiment a little, Like he owes some of them on here.
A couple of members gave it a quick listen & have been pissing all over it since. Me, i'm still out between good & great. The founder & a mod or 2 have an agenda i don't care what anyone says...The names hes called on here is not what any artist deserves. But he made it worse for himself, but good for Mr Tseng regarding the T.shirts

Its frustrating coming here a lot of the time. Is it Morrissey.solo or weird al.solo just to stick another nail in.

Did I miss something? What has Tseng done regarding the t shirts?

Did I miss something? What has Tseng done regarding the t shirts?
Tseng done nothing but lap up all the publicity this site got from the T-shirt episode. Newspapers had headlines saying how Morrissey attacked his own fansite, but not a mention of the hourly abuse that goes on here... It was a great T-shirt but it backfired regarding him defending himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom