Article: "World Peace..." reviews (The Quietus, Consequence of Sound, Chicago Tribune, Boston Herald

Links posted by Belligerent Ghoul:

Review by Matthew Foster
, The Quietus. Link also posted by an anonymous person

Review by Michael Madden (grade C+) - Consequence of Sound

Review by Greg Kot (3 of 4 stars) - Chicago Tribune

Demolishing ‘World Peace’ by Jed Gottlieb - Boston Herald
Let’s face it, Morrissey will always be a gloomy gus

Morrissey: the pope of mope loses his mojo by Christian Butler - spiked
On World Peace is None of Your Business, Mozzer looks beyond his own navel – and the result is disastrous.

Review by by Jeff Terich (3 of 5 stars) - American Songwriter

Review by Dan DeLuca (2 1/2 stars) - Philly.com

Review by John Meagher / album of the week - independent.ie

Morrissey's latest album is pure Moz: 'He does it his way, in his own words' by Pete Mitchell - Daily Express
ABSOLUTE Radio's Pete Mitchell gets an exclusive early listen of the Pope of Mope's new record, World Peace Is None Of Our Business, and it's a corker

Review: Morrissey Gets Political on New Album by John Carucci - ABC News / Associated Press

Fløjlsblød misantrop holder behersket brandtale by Anna Ullman - Dagbladet Information (Danish)

Morrissey macht böse Miene zu gutem Spiel by Silvia Weber (7/10) - AMPYA (German)

Giftiges neues Album von Morrissey by Philipp Holstein - RP Online (German)

Ein Licht, das niemals ausgeht by Gerrit Bartels - Der Tagesspiegel (German)

Großvater erzählt vom Krieg by Michael Pilz - Die Welt (German)

Review from S&V editorial staff (3 of 5 stars) - Sound & Vision Mexico (Spanish)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (The Quietus, Consequence of Sound, Chicago Tribune, Boston He

Reviews range from "disastrous" (call that an F) to NME's 9/10 (call that an A-). So then how is the Metacritic score 80% and climbing? Don't want to be a killjoy but it seems people are totally unwilling to debate this album...and consider what expert critics have to say. Could this be the most divisive Moz album ever?

Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (The Quietus, Consequence of Sound, Chicago Tribune, Boston He

Reviews range from "disastrous" (call that an F) to NME's 9/10 (call that an A-). So then how is the Metacritic score 80% and climbing? Don't want to be a killjoy but it seems people are totally unwilling to debate this album...and consider what expert critics have to say. Could this be the most divisive Moz album ever?

Morrissey is always divisive ROTT ranged from 3/10 to 10/10 .

Metacritic uses only professional reviews , not just your average blog guy. So not all of the reviews you'll read will end up in the score. And the score is 75 at the moment, not 80 and climbing ....

Interestingly, looking at The scores, YOR is his best album from YATQ on...debate that if you will.

Quietus went into painstaking detail to put down the album, but more than half the review is about the Man! Confusing, distorted, and beyond subject...just bad journalism. I am awaiting a reply the author of the article. "Autobiography" is not "World Peace..." I really don't think this writer could separate the two.

At first listen I didn't get all the positive reviews for this cd. I put too much focus in every facet of the music rather than just let it play. After roughly 3 days and about 11 or 12 full listens as background music while working or at home puttering around I found I truly liked nearly every song except Kiss Me and World Peace. I've been listening to this man for nearly 30 years and have been very critical of the last 3 album efforts as a whole and am pleasantly surprised that I like it . I wouldn't call it a masterpiece by any means but its something I can tell I will listen to for a long while which I havent done since Vauxhall... Personally I would put WPINOYB below Vauxhall, Arsenal and Viva Hate and above everything else. Highlights for me are Mountjoy, Staircase, Oboe, and Kick the Bride.....
7/10

Quietus went into painstaking detail to put down the album, but more than half the review is about the Man! Confusing, distorted, and beyond subject...just bad journalism. I am awaiting a reply the author of the article. "Autobiography" is not "World Peace..." I really don't think this writer could separate the two.

Well given Morrissey's name is on the album, it's time singing, his words, and the man is hardly backward at coming forward about himself, what do you expect? It's not Morrissey is an infamous recluse who shuns publicity and only speaks through his music. The line between artist and art is much more blurred with him than others.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom