"At home with Mozzer early 90’s" - mrjakewalters / Instagram

full

mrjakewalters / Instagram
At home with Mozzer early 90’s. #Morrissey #JakeWalters #archive

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, it's such a long time ago. Yes, I did know, but I was very young and didn't think it was a big deal. I thought it was just a curiosity, and I thought, well, why not? But I didn't realise how fundamental it was to him, and I ended up feeling, 'This is not what I signed up for'. It wasn't fun in the end, it was creepy and confusing. I am simplifying a lot, obviously. But it did screw me up for quite a time afterwards. Anyway, each to their own and all that, but not something I could handle.
what we really want to know is: did he wear your underwear?!

From Autumn of 1989.

The vital armpit issues begin around the 13 minute mark...

í miss the 80s...they both sound like they are on Valium :)

moz still sounds the same. it's weird that he's always had the same way of talking. if I compared the way I talk now to the way I talked 15 years ago, the two wouldn't sound anything alike. I revise my style of talking every few years.

2015_NMEARCHIVE_19830213_270715-920x610.jpg

Funny the things that one forgets...
recalling the particular NME cover shot that Mat Snow is so interested in, í remember, way back in the first faltering flush of my fellowship, proudly pinning and mounting a glossy A3 poster of that cover on the door of my wardrobe.

í though nothing of it; other than everything.

One day, not long after, my brother (7 years older) and my dad (7 centuries older) happened to come in to my room and set eyes on this image. My brother burst out laughing then reddened with embarrassment, my dad looked disgusted then reddened with anger; both shouted "What the hell is that..?"

í answered meekly, "He's a Pop Singer í like"

í still don't see the oddity in it.

snip...
recalling the particular NME cover shot that Mat Snow is so interested in, í remember, way back in the first faltering flush of my fellowship, proudly pinning and mounting a glossy A3 poster of that cover on the door of my wardrobe.

One day, not long after, my brother (7 years older) and my dad (7 centuries older) happened to come in to my room and set eyes on this image. My brother burst out laughing then reddened with embarrassment, my dad looked disgusted then reddened with anger; both shouted "What the hell is that..?"

I've had the Sire promo photo of that NME cover on my wall, framed since '88!
I get the disgusted part - several friends just say: 'oh, him...'
Aren't there some orange hue pictures from the same photo shoot kicking around?
It's a shame press packs are thing of the past.
Regards,
FWD.

Interesting to note that Murray Chalmers liked Jake's ig shot {and got a thank you in return}.

Mr Murray was the former long-time EMI press consigliere who 'handled' Moz in those salad solo days.

And (in)famously featured in a cameo walk-on in Ms Burchill's hatchet/hagiography for the 'Sunday Times' colour supplement almost 25 years ago. The article that had Jake threatening all-sorts against the author...

16007221195_a5b5eea0c1_o.jpg

From Autumn of 1989.

The vital armpit issues begin around the 13 minute mark...

í miss the 80s...they both sound like they are on Valium :)

Thanks for that, Joe, interesting to hear the unedited version. They do both sound unnaturally chilled. In fact, with all the long pauses and ponderous talk and the giggling you could be forgiven for thinking it was 2 in the morning and they were both hammered... only without the slurring, at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Curious.

Fek blikey reckon you lots. That photo was taken at a hotel on tour. Only family and of course the missus Aunt Nancy are allowed in any of Uncle Steve's Moz Angeles homes he has had. No P.A. is going to be allowed in and that includes Damon. I reckon Jake just wants Instagram and MySpace likes. I reckon The California Son sure goes through a lot of phases in his life inn n n n nn n n nn din't n n n it. There was the Italian phase, Mexican phase, hinting at being bi-sexual phase, Catholic priest phase,
Irish pride phase, black phase...etc.

I concur. This image was also a t shirt from the Kill Uncle tour, I used to wear that shirt around blithely unaware of the implications, I just thought it was a fantastic image. Still do in fact.

Ahh, it's such a long time ago. Yes, I did know, but I was very young and didn't think it was a big deal. I thought it was just a curiosity, and I thought, well, why not? But I didn't realise how fundamental it was to him, and I ended up feeling, 'This is not what I signed up for'. It wasn't fun in the end, it was creepy and confusing. I am simplifying a lot, obviously. But it did screw me up for quite a time afterwards. Anyway, each to their own and all that, but not something I could handle.

Maybe a long engagement was in order? :lbf:

...says someone who obviously knows ZERO about a photographers ownership of the photos s/he takes. Barring a contractual agreement stating otherwise, even a wedding photographer owns and retains the rights to republish their work.

Exactly and all this 'jake must want Moz to notice him' stuff.
It's nothing to do with that
Lots of photographers show old work on their pages.
People read too much into others actions.
It's nothing to do with trying to get attention from the subject, he just puts old pictures up when he comes across them, it's just you lot only notice the Moz stuff.
In fact Jake moved on years ago, it's Moz who keeps writing songs about jake, hassling him.
Jake couldn't give a f***, hes got a kid and partner he loves. It's Moz whos the sad case desperately trying to carry on a relationship that was never really there in the beginning.
The more you know about that 'relationship' the more f***ed up you see Moz is.

I think this is a brilliant photograph and you can see Jake has talent, much like Linder Compare linders and Jake's pictures to Sam's and it's just a reminder of how little the nephew knows his own uncle and how frighteningly untalented he is
This pic is also a reminder of better times, we all age but few age as badly as Moz has I mean once he hit 40 he started to age badly, past 46 and he was almost unrecognizable to the Moz in this picture and before.

It's nothing to do with trying to get attention from the subject, he just puts old pictures up when he comes across them, it's just you lot only notice the Moz stuff.
In fact Jake moved on years ago, it's Moz who keeps writing songs about jake, hassling him.
Jake couldn't give a f***, hes got a kid and partner he loves. It's Moz whos the sad case desperately trying to carry on a relationship that was never really there in the beginning.

I think this is a brilliant photograph and you can see Jake has talent, much like Linder Compare linders and Jake's pictures to Sam's and it's just a reminder of how little the nephew knows his own uncle and how frighteningly untalented he is
This pic is also a reminder of better times, we all age but few age as badly as Moz has I mean once he hit 40 he started to age badly, past 46 and he was almost unrecognizable to the Moz in this picture and before.
Few have aged as badly!! The man will be 60 this year and looks great. What other 60 year old are you comparing him to as a matter of interest?
I dont know anyone who looks the same as 30 years ago. I can think of plenty of wizened, botoxed, dyed hair versions of their 30year old selves and it's not pretty.

I concur. This image was also a t shirt from the Kill Uncle tour, I used to wear that shirt around blithely unaware of the implications, I just thought it was a fantastic image. Still do in fact.

Different image, similar pose.

Last edited:

You see, he is Morrissey. He has become an icon. His age and aging do not matter anymore - at least, to people who are able to grow up.

Are you trying to win the non-existent Morrissey soundalike contest?
Puke.

Moi aussi; it's even worse living inside one :squiffy:

To me, M is sexy at any age/weight/health condition etc. (Not only him). When one is into brilliant minds/unique personalities.. the shape, really (almost) doesn't matter.. I like finding that out once in a while. Brilliance is almost always very attractive.

Was a meaning ever provided for the "1 oz" on that necklace?

Nothing coded or cryptic to be honest.
It was actually Jake that gave him the pendant in the first place ('allegedly').
It simply denotes 1 ounce of silver - you could have bought many similar looking items in a jewelry store prior to Moz ever wearing it. I'm sure others will have romanticised its meaning, but that's probably the gist of it.
As they say: don't let facts get in the way of a good story :)

Regards,
FWD.

I thought he gave it to him because it looks like it reads "MOZ" with the numeral 1 and outline looking like the letter "M" and oz obviously being OZ.
I remember reading that many many years ago and always thought it was funny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom