Athens - Lycabettus Theater (July 16, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Scandinavia / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Athens, Greece concert breaks attendance records - true-to-you.net - link posted by MORRIZSEY
  • Photos by e. patsialos (24 total). Link from Miss Garden.

athens.jpg

Last edited:
Is Morrissey advocating the return of the Elgin Marbles before Maladjusted?

P.S great videos

What a great rendition of 'Maladjusted' !! New drummer was hitting the notes just right, back up singing Jessies sliding guitar ...... love it !
Why the constant yelling about song selection. Moz will always sing certain songs every concert . It's what people grew up hearing. I will always want to listen to 'How Soon is Now' because the song was so unique to me .

What a great rendition of 'Maladjusted' !! New drummer was hitting the notes just right, back up singing Jessies sliding guitar ...... love it !
Why the constant yelling about song selection. Moz will always sing certain songs every concert . It's what people grew up hearing. I will always want to listen to 'How Soon is Now' because the song was so unique to me .

I could not agree more, it was one of the highlights for me in Rome. The Athens version is perfect! He can repeat it in Edinburgh I won't mind. I love the voice, the drama, (the rage?) everything in the live interpretation. A great example of a live version being very superior to a recorded version.

leopard printed dressed mini skirt woman who kiss Morrissey full on the mouth.

[one of most memorable moment this century, till now]

maybe someone has the moment [pics ] still on their PC or CD/DVD]
maybe youtube

the way Morrissey acted said it all, no words needed to explain what he thought of it:lbf:

I would love to see that!

I have been provoked into action. I must compose an epic poem, along the lines of the ancient Greek poet Homer, to commemorate Morrissey's victorious concert in Athens. I will begin work almost immediately , pro bono publico, I must put down in words exactly what it was like moment-for-moment to have been there. I must first meditate while listening to Rossini (played with original period instruments) and gather my thoughts. Again, thank you Moz on behalf of Athens.

guernie,well said : ) just watched maladjusted,loved the bit when he said there is more stolen goods in buckingham palace than anywhere in the world,how true is that,also song selections,people will always moan about his set list,for me all his songs be it smiths or his own,they are all a work of a genuis,just hope he plays "im not sorry" in manchester or edinburgh,the lyrics on that song ring true for me.

He said that in Bachingham Palace there are a lot more treasures of Greek culture, like the ones in the British Museum.Thank Morrissey for this quote, i hope some ears hear this and act properly i.e. returning the Parthenon Marbles to where they belong....not to mention whta lies in the Palace alone.....Amazing concert, when he said "I am yours", i nearly fainted.

please dear god will he ever change this set?? For someone with one of the greatest back catalogues in music I just can't for the life of me figure why he has stuck to pretty much the same set as last year with one or two changes. The running order seems to be the only thing that changes but it is the same 20 songs over and over and over. When I think of the amount of amazing songs Morrissey has I just can't figure why some of these songs remain in the set, I'm not talking about the hits or singles either. You can slag me all you want for saying this but you all know the set could be a thousand times better, you can literally feel the atmosphere change at the shows to bored shuffling of the feet during some of these songs when he really could just go out and kill it every night. Frustrating...

A friend of mine is a new fan and is going to see Morrissey with me in October. I told him what the setlist was and was was really excited.

This is how tours work for most musicians/bands. They play the same set of songs every night. There are exceptions but some bands don't change a single song or the order for an entire tour. Many bands stage a lot of visual stuff an choreograph a lot of things and even use the exact same banter every night.

At least with Morrissey you know there will be something different even if its just the things he says.

If you want to argue that he could have a better list of ~20 songs a night that is at least something that has some area for discussion.

For the most part I like the set list. I hope in October he is still playing Far Off Places, Black Cloud, Carol, Maladjusted, Still Ill and Speedway. The only song I feel strongly about seeing a change is To Give (The Reason I Live) and that is because he could be playing something he wrote that we all know and love.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he dropped Let Me Kiss You and I don't like the lyric omissions in Ouija Board, Ouija Board.

Thanks to those who posted reviews and videos. Looks like it was a wonderful show!

I think the set list is great. He's put together a fine mix of songs. Like someone else said, we grew up listening to those songs. Be grateful. He could just retire and then we wouldn't have a set list at all!

True To You

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120718_01

From True To You:-

Athens, Greece
18 July 2012

On July 16th Morrissey's concert in Athens, Greece broke the box-office attendance record previously held by Radiohead. 9,000 people attended a 5,300 capacity venue where security said they were powerless to stop 3,700 extra people from entering the arena.

Re: True To You

Athens, Greece
18 July 2012

On July 16th Morrissey's concert in Athens, Greece broke the box-office attendance record previously held by Radiohead. 9,000 people attended a 5,300 capacity venue where security said they were powerless to stop 3,700 extra people from entering the arena.

Extraordinary. This is the power and greatness of our man Morrissey!

Pitty he did nοt sick all over that frankly vulgar red pullover which someone threw on stage! After the song he went backstage to wash his hands actually... If he knew he would not lay one single finger on it! hahaha!

Extraordinary. This is the power and greatness of our man Morrissey!

That or Grecians just wanting something without having to pay for it.

Athens, Greece
18 July 2012

The sub-text here is as follows:

"Radiohead? My stars! They're still quite popular, which means Morrissey is CURRENT!"

P.

That or Grecians just wanting something without having to pay for it.

My dear friend, the concert was sold-out...which means that the Greeks (not grecians!!!!!) have payed for their tickets. The doors opened to avoid conjestion at the doors. The thing is that the choice of venue was totally mistaken, organisers should have gone for a much larger one since double the expected audience turned up! And since everytime Moz comes around in Athens there's big ateendance
So, before you make racist comments, learn first that the inhabitants of Greece are not called Grecians

...the inhabitants of Greece are not called Grecians
[h=2]Gre·cian[/h]   [gree-shuhn] Show IPA
adjective 1. Greek (especially with reference to ancient Greece).

noun 2. a Greek.

3. an expert in the Greek language or Greek literature.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grecian

My dear friend, the concert was sold-out...which means that the Greeks (not grecians!!!!!) have payed for their tickets. The doors opened to avoid conjestion at the doors. The thing is that the choice of venue was totally mistaken, organisers should have gone for a much larger one since double the expected audience turned up! And since everytime Moz comes around in Athens there's big ateendance
So, before you make racist comments, learn first that the inhabitants of Greece are not called Grecians

5,300 capacity venue means that 5,300 people paid for their tickets. 3,700 extra people means that 3,700 people did NOT pay for their tickets. The tickets were sold out, they did not have a ticket and they nevertheless went inside. Did nobody ever tell you that "a venue is sold out" means that its capacity is full and any additional person raises security risks? Why do they think they tried to avoid conjestion at the doors? In order to instead have people pushed to death inside?

I've heard from people in the gig that this is not true and they sold all the extra tickets - I'm Greek btw.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom