Atlanta, GA - Atlanta Symphony Hall (June 13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Yes, I Am Blind / My Dearest Love / I'm Not A Man / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die / What She Said

setlist provided by EarlG5

• Critic's Notebook: Moz came to Atlanta by Andrew Alexander - Creative Loafing Atlanta. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Image from sugar_cookie / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

atlanta.jpg

Morrissey scooping up a bug off stage during "First of the Gang to Die." I do this, too. #Morrissey #Moz #heavenknows

Last edited:
Willisboy23, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the Atlanta fans and the show in general. You saved me from trying to respond. Unfortunately there's always going to be misconceptions and stereotypes about the South and it's a losing proposition to try to defend or explain to people who have limited knowledge and are probably just trying to provoke a reaction anyway.

I know everyone has their own impression of a show, but to me it was an amazing, special show and I am so grateful I was able to experience it. We were in row B and we never sat down throughout the whole show--We were dancing and singing along the whole time, and the people next to us were too. I thought the audience was extremely responsive and I know I screamed like crazy after each song and it sounded like everyone else did too. Of course it's probably more intense the closer you are to the stage vs if you're further away. Also the people in your immediate surroundings make a difference. Everyone around us seemed to be up on their feet whenever I looked around to check out the crowd. I really wanted to try to go up front to the stage but could see the security folks on both sides checking tickets so I just enjoyed it from where I was. (definitely want to figure out how to get pit tickets next time!)

Moz's voice was amazing and he really gave us a great show. It's a special memory that I'll cherish always and can't wait to see him again. I hope the other shows on this tour will be just as wonderful for everyone else.

it was a ho hum show at best. the audience, and mind you it was far from being sold out despite the size of the venue, just sat on their behinds. even the few older peeps in the pit were hardly motivated to move.
the videos made the situation worse.

If the south sucks so bad - then move the hell out dipshit...better yet, post your address or let's plan a meeting...I'd love to "chat" with you in person you pathetic coward

I don't live in the South you dumb twat.

it was a ho hum show at best. the audience, and mind you it was far from being sold out despite the size of the venue, just sat on their behinds. even the few older peeps in the pit were hardly motivated to move.
the videos made the situation worse.

I don't know where the poster was sitting, but everyone I saw seemed to be on their feet. We were near the front but I looked around and behind me and everyone seemed to be standing and singing, dancing, etc. When I had checked the tickets a day or so prior to the show, Ticketmaster was showing there weren't many left, FWIW. It certainly seemed like a packed house to me. And Moz's performance was excellent! Of course everyone has their own impression, which can be completely the opposite of another person sitting right next to them, so go figure. I'm so glad some people have posted video and pics of the show--I was hoping someone would!

"You are sleeping, you do not want to believe."

With no supporting act (Thank God! No K Young for me since seeing The Dolls/Shins/Red Cortez), what time has he been coming on stage?
Atlanta?
New Whoreleans? ( can't believe he didn't use that one)
Durham tonight!! 20th Morrissey show!

With no supporting act (Thank God! No K Young for me since seeing The Dolls/Shins/Red Cortez), what time has he been coming on stage?
Atlanta?
New Whoreleans? ( can't believe he didn't use that one)
Durham tonight!! 20th Morrissey show!

I believe it was 8:30 in NOLA and he took the stage just a minute or two after 9:00 in ATL

Morrissey paused mid-song last night to grab paper and move a beetle from
the stage so he didn't get squished. I am too much in love.

Good god, how far does this asinine logic go? When you're defending household pests, you're really walking a fine line between animal rights advocacy and mental illness.

Morrissey refuses to take a shower or wash his hands because of all the innocent bacteria and microorganisms that will be senselessly murdered in the process. Bathing is murder.

This show was incredible! I am not a newbie to the Moz scene or his concerts in fact, I have been a staple on the rail for the last few years so it was nice to see some new faces at the front. He was in fine form and looked handsome and incredibly happy. He took the stage at 9:02pm and finished at 10:42pm which is longer than normal for him. The setlist was a nice blend of songs with phenomenal additions that are flawless live.

The people of Atlanta are some of the friendliest people I have met on any Moz tour. Everywhere I went they were respectful and helpful and the same can be said for the fans at the show. A majority of them around me were not from Atlanta or Georgia but those who were, were incredibly friendly. The crowd at the front around me were incredibly engaged and were not sitting by the time Moz took the stage.

As for the bug incident, the bug was indeed alive when it flew onto the stage which is how he spotted it. He used his setlist to pick it up but at one point the Duct Tape from the setlist got stuck to the bug. He moved the bug with the edge of the paper to remove it from the tape and it was walking across the paper as he handed it to the stagehand. He didn't save the bug but kept it from harm which shouldn't be a surprise to any of us based on his moral stance on animals. Which leads me to comment on the new MIM video, yes it is horrifying but isn't that the point? Again, how can any of us question his views and his desire to support the cause 30 years in?

Good god, how far does this asinine logic go? When you're defending household pests, you're really walking a fine line between animal rights advocacy and mental illness.

Morrissey refuses to take a shower or wash his hands because of all the innocent bacteria and microorganisms that will be senselessly murdered in the process. Bathing is murder.

Hmm, if don't understand the bond with animals you don't get why he did that. Even the littlest living being has some feeling. He wants to protect all life. I get it.

This show was incredible! I am not a newbie to the Moz scene or his concerts in fact, I have been a staple on the rail for the last few years so it was nice to see some new faces at the front. He was in fine form and looked handsome and incredibly happy. He took the stage at 9:02pm and finished at 10:42pm which is longer than normal for him. The setlist was a nice blend of songs with phenomenal additions that are flawless live.

The people of Atlanta are some of the friendliest people I have met on any Moz tour. Everywhere I went they were respectful and helpful and the same can be said for the fans at the show. A majority of them around me were not from Atlanta or Georgia but those who were, were incredibly friendly. The crowd at the front around me were incredibly engaged and were not sitting by the time Moz took the stage.

As for the bug incident, the bug was indeed alive when it flew onto the stage which is how he spotted it. He used his setlist to pick it up but at one point the Duct Tape from the setlist got stuck to the bug. He moved the bug with the edge of the paper to remove it from the tape and it was walking across the paper as he handed it to the stagehand. He didn't save the bug but kept it from harm which shouldn't be a surprise to any of us based on his moral stance on animals. Which leads me to comment on the new MIM video, yes it is horrifying but isn't that the point? Again, how can any of us question his views and his desire to support the cause 30 years in?

Yes, despite what some people have said here, there is a thing called "Southern Hospitality" and most people in the South are generally courteous. I was lucky enough to get front row pit tickets in Atlanta.. it was a great experience.

He's a traveling showman and these are his gimmicks to cause controversy !
It makes you put your hand in your pocket and purchase his tacky meat is murder stencils so you can go and tag your hood.
It all helps keep him in the limelight without actually doing anything. ( it's clever isn't it. )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Off to see George in June, Benny, he is playing in the village I live as Borowski, Hammill and Moylan - looking forward to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UBYqikObM

He doesn't wear leather shoes anymore. I met Jesse two years ago and he said that both the band and Morrissey always wear high quality pleather shoes. He actually told me that he already was vegan before he met Moz and that he is an expert on pleather shoes. I also asked him about the pleather Doc Martens which Boz bought for Moz (can't remember which year that was) and according to him Moz reacted with "Well, that's a nice gesture Boz but I don't wear them anymore, you know. You must have noticed" which cracked them all up. Jesse then told me that the Docs now probably carve out a miserable existence in one of Moz' storerooms which cracked me up.

was that before or after he had an oyster place added on his Facebook?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom