Atlanta, GA - Atlanta Symphony Hall (June 13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Yes, I Am Blind / My Dearest Love / I'm Not A Man / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die / What She Said

setlist provided by EarlG5

• Critic's Notebook: Moz came to Atlanta by Andrew Alexander - Creative Loafing Atlanta. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Image from sugar_cookie / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

atlanta.jpg

Morrissey scooping up a bug off stage during "First of the Gang to Die." I do this, too. #Morrissey #Moz #heavenknows

Last edited:
OK this was my 49th Morrissey gig and well..... it wasn't a classic by any means.
There was very little interaction with the audience, it was the fifth song before a handshake and to me it looked like Morrissey was just going through the motions.
I started the gig up in the top (3rd) tier next to two women in their 40's I'd guess, who clapped along to the opener (Suedehead) and then sat back bored to Staircase, Ganglord and the rest of the latest album / B-sides.
During Istanbul I went for a beer and got the wrist stamped and tried my luck on the first level and with the flash of the stamp on the wrist I was in.
Tried to get as near to the front as I could but beyond about the 15th row there were security asking for my ticket...
There was no barrier at all and couldn't believe not one person attempted to get up during the encore. The stage was just about over waist height on the average person.....
The crowd was appreciative but only really woke up when ''Stop me....'' came on and the songs after that (well known songs) carried that momentum on but prior to that half the audience didn't know half of the songs (not a criticism as we cant all be die hard obsessives), it is an observation)

So I went home not disappointed, but compared to the last time I saw him (Boston in June) which was an amazing performance, I felt the night was a little flat.

Jukebox Jury :thumb:

Are there any pics facing the crowd?

I'm curious. What type of people go to see Morrissey in the South? I see him having no appeal there. I mean what do the fans look like? Do they have mullets and wear NASCAR caps? Do they actually wear their Def Leppard and Poison shirts to Morrissey concerts? Anonymous-

Well that's a narrow little viewpoint. Don't you suppose that songs of alienation and longing could apply to anyone, anywhere?
Millions of people in this world are dropped into life and location by birth. Not by choice.

I'm curious. What type of people go to see Morrissey in the South? I see him having no appeal there. I mean what do the fans look like? Do they have mullets and wear NASCAR caps? Do they actually wear their Def Leppard and Poison shirts to Morrissey concerts? Anonymous-

Well, I am glad you ASKed, because everyone I met and had contact with were incredibly kind, open minded, sensitive, and intelligent Morrissey/Smiths fans. I observed a diverse audience of various ages, parents with their teenage children (both parental units and offspring were fans), straight couples, gay couples, and single folks as well. During Kiss Me A Lot, I planted several smooches on my boyfriend and the sweet same sex couple behind me shared an intense emotional embrace during Meat Is Murder. No one seemed to care, "when or where" and most everyone I saw was thrilled with the concert and elated to share yet another brilliant Morrissey show. It was an unforgetabble evening. He came on stage around 8:30pm and with no opening act, sans the usual video montatge. I had the pleasure of meeting some fellow Moz fans, & all of whom I met were equally "kind and generous" (Have-A-Go-Mozzer?) From V and C at my hotel, who were beautiful kindred spirits and who ended up on the 4th row in front me. And of course my brethren post show, C (same name as me from ATL) and those of us bringing up the rear - C S(harpie - Orlando), Jax my tatted bro (who had driven from Jacksonville to N.O then to ATL, and the two 18 year olds with hearts of gold who reminded me of myself at that age. All in all it was a truly moving experience as always. I thank Moz for a brilliant show, all the great fans, and Atlanta was indeed grateful to see Mozzer back and in tip top form no less. The setlist was stellar!! Depsite just having had his knee replaced a month ago my partner was a trooper and stood as often as he could for his first Moz show and my aged self with recently diagnosed irreversible spine/disc damage not only stood, but jumped, bounced, twisted and shouted for the entire show. (I saw Anselmo was at the NO show and knowing what he's been through, I have a new respect for him, not only for learning of his Moz fandom, but also for battling the massive pain from which he suffers.) Mind you, not everyone will agree with my post, but no one's ever going to agree with everything someone says or thinks. This is merely my extremely humble opinion of my experience at the show. And I was fortunate enough to be able to discuss post show with a nice gentlemen from JAX, The Smiths & Moz are a large part of the reason I'm still alive today. I apologize for the melodramatics but it is absolutely true and I know for a fact that I am not alone and therefore I am here today. Thanks again to all, who generously share their photos, experiences and positivity with one another here, and elsewhere in the #Mozarmy world. I love to see the kindness and respect shared towards one another on such occasions and that's part of what makes being a Smiths and Morrissey fan so special. I hope that those who have tickets for upcoming shows have similarly moving and loving experiences as well as safe travels and good health. Cheers and Thank you, A Lot. Thank you A Lot for reading my verbose post. xxxooo VivaMoz!! Love knows no color, love knows no race, love knows no age, love knows no gender, LOVE KNOWS!:love:

You're either trolling or a complete idiot. Maybe both.

He is a trolling idiot.

Well, I am glad you ASKed, because everyone I met and had contact with were incredibly kind, open minded, sensitive, and intelligent Morrissey/Smiths fans. ... He came on stage around 8:30pm and with no opening act, sans the usual video montatge.

Agreed. The crowd was mostly as described. One clarification: the video montage was included and began at 8:30. Morrissey hit the stage promptly at 9:00. I was near the back and it struck me how many people seemed to be caught off guard when the show started. Perhaps because of an alternate viewpoint of the crowd.

To those trolling on the South, it's totally true that the South does suck. It's a shitty, backwards, hellhole, but having said that the Birmingham, Alabama and 1st Myrtle Beach shows(in 2007) were some of the best Moz shows I have seen in the last decade. So the South does have something going on there, or at least a dedicated fan base that still know whats up even though they live in a shithole. I also know that sometimes some of the best shows with the most passionate audiences are in unlikely places that are sometimes shitholes and/or very rough towns.

and I bet you are one of the folks who protest against racial profiling by police.......

I adore Morrissey but why is no one mentioing the over-the top police brutality video at the start of the show and the animal slaughter video that just wouldn't end? Before I get flames, I am 100% supportive of PETA as well as freedom of expression -- my point is, the clips were excessive and took away from the performance.

I adore Morrissey but why is no one mentioing the over-the top police brutality video at the start of the show and the animal slaughter video that just wouldn't end? Before I get flames, I am 100% supportive of PETA as well as freedom of expression -- my point is, the clips were excessive and took away from the performance.

It is for those who are not supportive of the cause. And it works I meet a teacher of mine at one of moz shows and he turned to me and said you know what that video made me think? Made I should go veggie.

Kudos Mox you know what hits the core

Agreed. The crowd was mostly as described. One clarification: the video montage was included and began at 8:30. Morrissey hit the stage promptly at 9:00. I was near the back and it struck me how many people seemed to be caught off guard when the show started. Perhaps because of an alternate viewpoint of the crowd.

Thank you for the correction regarding the timeline. I did get there later than planned as my partner just had a knee replacement and was on crutches and I failed to realize that while our hotel was across the street from the venue that the entrance was uP a seemingly endless hill. And yes, that was the closest seats I've ever had at a show, except in ABQ, New Mexico last year, but that was GA/standing room/no seating. I do regret passing on tix in the pit, merely so my other half could sit if he (k)needed a rest. Also worth noting, that the PETA film during Meat Is Murder was too painful for me to watch, which pry also had something to do with being front and center. It was very intense indeed. This was also the first show that I had the pleasure of meeting so many friendly folks. The crowd seemed very down to earth and unconcerned with being perceived as cool hipsters. Me still very happy and wondering if the FIREFLY Show will be broadcast. FYI, Firefly will be broadcasted on AXS TV this weekend!! DVR's get ready!

To those trolling on the South, it's totally true that the South does suck. It's a shitty, backwards, hellhole, but having said that the Birmingham, Alabama and 1st Myrtle Beach shows(in 2007) were some of the best Moz shows I have seen in the last decade. So the South does have something going on there, or at least a dedicated fan base that still know whats up even though they live in a shithole. I also know that sometimes some of the best shows with the most passionate audiences are in unlikely places that are sometimes shitholes and/or very rough towns.

If the south sucks so bad - then move the hell out dipshit...better yet, post your address or let's plan a meeting...I'd love to "chat" with you in person you pathetic coward

He's a traveling showman and these are his gimmicks to cause controversy !
It makes you put your hand in your pocket and purchase his tacky meat is murder stencils so you can go and tag your hood.
It all helps keep him in the limelight without actually doing anything. ( it's clever isn't it. )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I was lucky to be be in right orchestra row b. We had a nice mix of old, young, groups, people like me who came alone and I loved that the couples were embracing and enjoying the moment several people came and sang with me and offered a kiss and hand midsong. The crowd adored Moz. Met several great ATL locals and other travelers. I'd rate this the best show I've been to in quite some time. Many sorry/thank you/I love you from the man himself. It was wonderful to see the crowd on their feet this time compared to the sit and text crowd I saw in St. Pete. Several people tried to get to the stage but there were 6 or 7 bodyguards on my section alone unfortunately.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom