Attack on Dutch Royal family!

Jose

No way...
Today is Queen's Day - a celebration of our queen's birthday.
The Royal Family always visits a city here in the Netherlands, and rides through the town in an open bus.
Everything is shown on live tv.
But about 1 hour ago, there was an already severely damaged car that drove through the crowd waiting for the royals, injuring 14 people.
You can still see doctors taking care of a child that is lying there on the street. Doesn't look good.:(

Video here:
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie
(click on the top of the page "auto rijdt in publiek op koninginnedag")

All festivities have now been cancelled for the rest of the day.

:tears:

okwuok.jpg

Update: 1 person killed
2nd update: 4 people killed

Last edited:
:(

All festivities throughout the country have now been cancelled too.
This is THE national holiday here in Holland, and now it's just :tears:

The news is talking about an attack specifically aimed at the bus with the royal family in it, the driver was driving towards the bus, high speed, but missed the bus by a few inches.

The news is talking about an attack specifically aimed at the bus with the royal family in it, the driver was driving towards the bus, high speed, but missed the bus by a few inches.

Those poor innocent people. :(

I'm very sorry to hear that Jose. First I don't understand why would anyone care to attack a royal family - they don't have any powers, so, what's the point? Second, it's especially awful if innocent people get hurt.

I'm very sorry to hear that Jose. First I don't understand why would anyone care to attack a royal family - they don't have any powers, so, what's the point? Second, it's especially awful if innocent people get hurt.

The driver is still alive and is being questioned at the moment.
Apparently he just confessed that his aim was to attack the royals, but why... we don't know yet.
He had been following the bustour all day long, and apparently chose this intersection to hit the bus.
There was a bomb squad at the scene within a few minutes, they were afraid that the car might have explosives in it. :straightface:

The police would've shot him over here, and everyone would've moaned about that.

The police would've shot him over here, and everyone would've moaned about that.

oh, i would have moaned just to be polite to my fellow anti-cop friends :straightface:
however, secretly i would have said "Yes!" to my self that this piece of sh-- got what he deserved :o
hypocritical of me? maybe :confused:
but in such a clear cut case of pre-meditated murder like this guy committed :eek:
i think not :cool: still, by & large i do not trust governments to decide who to execute and who not to...

oh, i would have moaned just to be polite to my fellow anti-cop friends :straightface:
however, secretly i would have said "Yes!" to my self that this piece of sh-- got what he deserved :o
hypocritical of me? maybe :confused:
but in such a clear cut case of pre-meditated murder like this guy committed :eek:
i think not :cool: still, by & large i do not trust governments to decide who to execute and who not to...

You'd be hung drawn and quartered for cussing the queen not long ago.

There was hardly any time to shoot him.
He was going over 60 mph and the distance between where he hit the crowd and where he ended up was only 100 yards or so.
A 5th person just died.
The guy who did it is braindead. I hope he doesn't die (yet).
I wanna know why he did this!
He is charged with attempted murder and attempted attack of the royal family.

There are some pretty shocking pictures here:
http://www.nieuws.be/nieuws/Apeldoorn_schokkende_beelden_van_de_gewonden_fb2e3e33.aspx

He was going over 60 mph and the distance between where he hit the crowd and where he ended up was only 100 yards or so.
A 5th person just died.

http://www.nieuws.be/nieuws/Apeldoorn_schokkende_beelden_van_de_gewonden_fb2e3e33.aspx
braindead? well, thats good enough for me, just pull the plug then :straightface:
as to the why, i understand the desire to know such :o
but i seriously doubt whether you would be satisfied with the answer given by the kind of psychotic person that does this sort of thing :crazy:

A 5th person just died.

They shouldn't put these pics up there. It a brutal violation of privacy and I don't see what purpose it fulfills apart from pure sensationalism.

Back
Top Bottom