Auckland - Vector Arena (Dec. 15, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Still Ill / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart / Black Cloud / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Over / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by redod

• Morrissey – Vector Arena December 15, 2012 - review by Kathryn van Beek, photos (by Alexander Hallag, 13 total), The 13th Floor. Link posted by an anonymous person.

morrissey-7475.jpg
  • Concert review: Morrissey, Vector Arena review by Shandelle Battersby - The New Zealand Herald. Link posted by Librarian On Fire and Bryce Edwards.
  • It's Morrissey's world, review by Vanessa Mellor - Stuff.co.nz. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Just back from the airport where I had to *ahem* meet my brother. The band arrived in some crappy little Japanese import people carrier style van. Noticed Kirsteen first who looked really stylish in her blazer, hair-up and make up. Said to her "Thanks for last night Kirsteen" Head of Morrissey security Artoriou was there and he recognised me from last night. Well he was in front of me, and I'm short and easy to remember. He gave me a nod. They all went through to get checked in. No Morrissey yet...then Morrissey arrives with his two minders. I swear it's that little guy that King Leer remembers seeing Morrissey with a couple of years ago. The band all give me a head nod on in the direction of Morrissey and so I go over. Morrissey had gone through to the QANTAS first class check in lounge and was sitting down. There were no other fans arounds and so I entered. His minder started to come up to me, but I said "Two minutes" and Morrissey indicated that it would be ok. And there I am with Morrissey, his minders who were respectful in a quiet lobby! I thanked him for coming, asked if he gets jetlag. Thanked him for last night, asked after his mum. She's doing great!. Asked if he watched Coronation Street on Thursday night...No. And said how stylish Kirsteen looked. It was really nice. I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. He went to stand up and as I'm short he said perhaps we should sit down, I replied "Yes you're a little bit taller than me" He replied with "Yes I noticed that" Cheeky sod. Got two things signed. Thanked him, wished him a safe journey. Again he smelt so good and I'm kicking myself for failing to ask about the autobiography. Sorry folks.

Came back out to thank the band. Got my photo taken with Anthony who was so nice, Gustavo, equally nice and Artoriou. That band were sharply dressed. All blazers and open collared shirts. Glad I had done the same. Anthony said that he noticed me trying to get on stage and was really willing me to get on! I'm deeply touched.

So that it was it. Meeting Morrissey, the band and seeing him live. I feel very lucky and I've gone on too much...

What a wonderful story of your Morrissey/band encounter! :thumb: Great details. Way to go, Librarian on Fire! :)

And I'm happy to hear the concert was a blast, too ! :guitar::guitar:

Last edited:
Just back from the airport where I had to *ahem* meet my brother. The band arrived in some crappy little Japanese import people carrier style van. Noticed Kirsteen first who looked really stylish in her blazer, hair-up and make up. Said to her "Thanks for last night Kirsteen" Head of Morrissey security Artoriou was there and he recognised me from last night. Well he was in front of me, and I'm short and easy to remember. He gave me a nod. They all went through to get checked in. No Morrissey yet...then Morrissey arrives with his two minders. I swear it's that little guy that King Leer remembers seeing Morrissey with a couple of years ago. The band all give me a head nod on in the direction of Morrissey and so I go over. Morrissey had gone through to the QANTAS first class check in lounge and was sitting down. There were no other fans arounds and so I entered. His minder started to come up to me, but I said "Two minutes" and Morrissey indicated that it would be ok. And there I am with Morrissey, his minders who were respectful in a quiet lobby! I thanked him for coming, asked if he gets jetlag. Thanked him for last night, asked after his mum. She's doing great!. Asked if he watched Coronation Street on Thursday night...No. And said how stylish Kirsteen looked. It was really nice. I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. He went to stand up and as I'm short he said perhaps we should sit down, I replied "Yes you're a little bit taller than me" He replied with "Yes I noticed that" Cheeky sod. Got two things signed. Thanked him, wished him a safe journey. Again he smelt so good and I'm kicking myself for failing to ask about the autobiography. Sorry folks.

Came back out to thank the band. Got my photo taken with Anthony who was so nice, Gustavo, equally nice and Artoriou. That band were sharply dressed. All blazers and open collared shirts. Glad I had done the same. Anthony said that he noticed me trying to get on stage and was really willing me to get on! I'm deeply touched.

So that it was it. Meeting Morrissey, the band and seeing him live. I feel very lucky and I've gone on too much...

Good on you for taking the chance of intercepting at the airport !

Last edited:
Really happy for fans in NZ to finally see the Man! You waited a lot longer than us here in Japan (and it felt like decades to me).

Special Jury Prize for Librarian on Fire's brilliant recounting of meeting the Mozfather (and fun to see my user name in the mix). Really glad to hear his mum is doing well!

Ok, just in the door after a very very long day. So these might just be ramblings, although nothing different there. I was third in line arriving at 12.25. First Kiwi as a fan from Japan and one from Germany had been there since around 8.30. First plane outta Wellington. Nice fans waiting. Mainly the younger fans. Security were really nice and opened the doors first for those who had been there first. No running to the stage, walking. Although I ended up doing that funny speed walk. Got to the front centre. Right in front of the mic. Front row filled up with those of us who were there from the early afternoon. While outside I went and shook hands and spoke to Julia. Her 557th gig. I had written to Julia way back in the mid 1990's

Kirsteen Young has a really low profile in NZ. That will continue. Nice dress that she was wearing, but everything else passed everyone by. Crowd was a little quiet but a few Morr-iss-ey, Morr-iss-ey chants went up. First five songs were just wild. Truly truly great. Huge surge from the crowd, everyone singing along. Lots of mic whips from Moz who was wearing that blue chevon zip up shirt again. No intros to the band.

I think it might have been Jamie asked Moz what happened to Boz, Morrrissey replied that Boz was on the roof, sick of life, and so "I pushed him". Boz remained stoney faced throughout. Actually he looked dead miserable all night. That broken arm on tour will be horrible. "Black Cloud" kinda just passed by. I thought that was the one dud song. Morrissey asked after "To Give" did anyone like that?..."No? Neither did I". There was also one really touching bit when it must have been after "Speedway" and before "Please, Please..." where he just asked that everyone just become be nice. I really hope someone posts that little monologue as it was very touching.

Julia got a special mention and I think a hand out to her very early one. The mic got passed around. One girl mentioned how she was seasick and docked, but no more because of Morrissey. The young girl beside me got the mike (she had been in line since 1pm and her and her sister were lovely) One mentioned how she loves him and the other said she wrote a speech about him at school and passed. Also you could tell he really enjoyed Wellington. Morrissey was chatty, but not as much as other gigs perhaps? I have nothing to measure it against. Security were quite tough on filiming with lots of warnings of no filming only stills. Still didn't stop people.

There was one stage invasion. Well done D you came along way for that. Lots of gifts passed to Morrissey. I never got to touch him but I got a piece of shirt!! Right now I can smell Morrissey's scent. I managed to get a good size piece, but gave some to the lovely girls beside me and one or two others who deserved it. Lovely fans.

There's just something magical about seeing Morrissey on stage. I so glad I was up close and personal. Nice meeting so many good fans. Security said that only 2,500 tickets had been sold. Maybe it was close to 3,000 near the end.

Ok perhaps more tomorrow. I'm off to bed. I am really exhusted. Over to you Australia.

Read this and your other posts concerning this gig; 'ever thought about becoming a journalist ?' you would consider

It was a nice read and felt throughyour words a great gig though seeing the setlist I find it lot less than before the scheduled tour,
but it didn't matter because of your fascinating writing

thanks Librarian on fore:thumb:

Just back from the airport where I had to *ahem* meet my brother. The band arrived in some crappy little Jap import people carrier style van. Noticed Kirsteen first who looked really stylish in her blazer, hair-up and make up. Said to her "Thanks for last night Kirsteen" Head of Morrissey security Artoriou was there and he recognised me from last night. Well he was in front of me, and I'm short and easy to remember. He gave me a nod. They all went through to get checked in. No Morrissey yet...then Morrissey arrives with his two minders. I swear it's that little guy that King Leer remembers seeing Morrissey with a couple of years ago. The band all give me a head nod on in the direction of Morrissey and so I go over. Morrissey had gone through to the QANTAS first class check in lounge and was sitting down. There were no other fans arounds and so I entered. His minder started to come up to me, but I said "Two minutes" and Morrissey indicated that it would be ok. And there I am with Morrissey, his minders who were respectful in a quiet lobby! I thanked him for coming, asked if he gets jetlag. Thanked him for last night, asked after his mum. She's doing great!. Asked if he watched Coronation Street on Thursday night...No. And said how stylish Kirsteen looked. It was really nice. I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. He went to stand up and as I'm short he said perhaps we should sit down, I replied "Yes you're a little bit taller than me" He replied with "Yes I noticed that" Cheeky sod. Got two things signed. Thanked him, wished him a safe journey. Again he smelt so good and I'm kicking myself for failing to ask about the autobiography. Sorry folks.

What a missed opportunity ! 'Hows yer Mum',erm 'Do you watch corrie',erm 'what did you have for yer breakfast',??????
What about "Morrissey your no stranger to controversy just a week ago you blamed Kate Middleton for the death of a nurse in a London hospital just for actually being there with 'morning sickness allready'? Which leads me to my question what is a staunch veggie animal rights campainer like you saying by touring in Australia the land of the outdoor animal crematorium where Christmas day is spent BBQing Turkey's on the beach ? You have refused to go to Canada because of your animal welfare beliefs so by coming to Australia by the same principal of thought YOU are to blame for millions of turkey birds being killed and grilled just for you dropping your morals and being here"???????
Thats right Morrissey (so called veggie) is to blame for all the meat being grilled on the BBQs in OZ this December because is there smellin the flesh being grilled.
Blood on yer hands tour !! Dissapointed

Just back from the airport where I had to *ahem* meet my brother. The band arrived in some crappy little Jap import people carrier style van. Noticed Kirsteen first who looked really stylish in her blazer, hair-up and make up. Said to her "Thanks for last night Kirsteen" Head of Morrissey security Artoriou was there and he recognised me from last night. Well he was in front of me, and I'm short and easy to remember. He gave me a nod. They all went through to get checked in. No Morrissey yet...then Morrissey arrives with his two minders. I swear it's that little guy that King Leer remembers seeing Morrissey with a couple of years ago. The band all give me a head nod on in the direction of Morrissey and so I go over. Morrissey had gone through to the QANTAS first class check in lounge and was sitting down. There were no other fans arounds and so I entered. His minder started to come up to me, but I said "Two minutes" and Morrissey indicated that it would be ok. And there I am with Morrissey, his minders who were respectful in a quiet lobby! I thanked him for coming, asked if he gets jetlag. Thanked him for last night, asked after his mum. She's doing great!. Asked if he watched Coronation Street on Thursday night...No. And said how stylish Kirsteen looked. It was really nice. I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. He went to stand up and as I'm short he said perhaps we should sit down, I replied "Yes you're a little bit taller than me" He replied with "Yes I noticed that" Cheeky sod. Got two things signed. Thanked him, wished him a safe journey. Again he smelt so good and I'm kicking myself for failing to ask about the autobiography. Sorry folks.

What a great denouement to your hard-earned patience. Seems like you made the 20 year wait worthwhile.

PS Photos please?

Oh please pass me the norovirus bucket ! "I went and shook hands and spoke to Julia." Eh!!!!! "I had written to Julia way back in the mid 1990's" You need to set up Julia-Solo.com (very weird) Right now I can smell Morrissey's scent.
I imagine you are an 11 year old girl right ?

How can they be an 11 year old girl if he/she wrote to Julia in the mid 90's?

Taste my logic.

Just back from the airport where I had to *ahem* meet my brother. The band arrived in some crappy little Japanese import people carrier style van. Noticed Kirsteen first who looked really stylish in her blazer, hair-up and make up. Said to her "Thanks for last night Kirsteen" Head of Morrissey security Arturo was there and he recognised me from last night. Well he was in front of me, and I'm short and easy to remember. He gave me a nod. They all went through to get checked in. No Morrissey yet...then Morrissey arrives with his two minders. I swear it's that little guy that King Leer remembers seeing Morrissey with a couple of years ago. The band all give me a head nod on in the direction of Morrissey and so I go over. Morrissey had gone through to the QANTAS first class check in lounge and was sitting down. There were no other fans arounds and so I entered. His minder started to come up to me, but I said "Two minutes" and Morrissey indicated that it would be ok. And there I am with Morrissey, his minders who were respectful in a quiet lobby! I thanked him for coming, asked if he gets jetlag. Thanked him for last night, asked after his mum. She's doing great!. Asked if he watched Coronation Street on Thursday night...No. And said how stylish Kirsteen looked. It was really nice. I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. He went to stand up and as I'm short he said perhaps we should sit down, I replied "Yes you're a little bit taller than me" He replied with "Yes I noticed that" Cheeky sod. Got two things signed. Thanked him, wished him a safe journey. Again he smelt so good and I'm kicking myself for failing to ask about the autobiography. Sorry folks.

Came back out to thank the band. Got my photo taken with Anthony who was so nice, Gustavo, equally nice and Arturo. That band were sharply dressed. All blazers and open collared shirts. Glad I had done the same. Anthony said that he noticed me trying to get on stage and was really willing me to get on! I'm deeply touched.

That absolutely ace! Good on you for meeting him! I'm proper jealous! It was nice for him to sit and talk to you, also surprised he didn't get mobbed, nice story though, really hope Moz does some good UK dates in 2013, starting to miss him a bit!

Anyway get those ruddy pictures up, we're gagging here!

That absolutely ace! Good on you for meeting him! I'm proper jealous! It was nice for him to sit and talk to you, also surprised he didn't get mobbed, nice story though, really hope Moz does some good UK dates in 2013, starting to miss him a bit!

Anyway get those ruddy pictures up, we're gagging here!

Yeah, like that new arena in Leeds...about July...massive wetherspoons....next...door...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom