"Autobiography" #3 in UK paperback chart in its 9th week of release - TTY

Re: TTY stats update

How about the chart position of 'Satellite of Love'?
Funny how he's kept quiet about that.
What an absolute tit!

Last edited by a moderator:

What an absolute tit!

Tits are amazing.

What an absolute tit!

Typical but silly criticism. Satellite was not expected to chart, it was released as a tribute to Lou Reed and a treat for the fans. When it comes time for Morrissey's new album and the charting of the first single, that will be a different story.

What do you want him to say?' Bty, Satellite didn't chart. I want to make sure everyone knows!'

Typical but silly criticism. Satellite was not expected to chart, it was released as a tribute to Lou Reed and a treat for the fans. When it comes time for Morrissey's new album and the charting of the first single, that will be a different story.

What do you want him to say?' Bty, Satellite didn't chart. I want to make sure everyone knows!'

Who said it wasn't expected to chart?

As for new material, I hope he gets the success he deserves with stonkingly good new material, but the records show, for many reasons, not just artistic, Morrissey's sales are in decline and have been for some time. I would be delighted to be proved wrong, but the statistics just aren't in his favour.

P.

Autobiography by Morrissey is number 3 in the UK paperback chart following three weeks at number 2 and five weeks at number 1.
OK The book is a success but it gets boring now......in my opinion at least. And he keeps doing reissues after reissues , what is the next one by the way?
Cheers Moz

rip Ronnie biggs

Rot and burn in hell Ronnie Biggs one man died because of this thieving toe rag and his mates.
Should have stayed overseas but couldn't manage so came back to scrounge of British tax payers instead, no doubt Bore-arsley will be a fan and pay tribute, I smell another tribute download before he's even been put in the oven of hellfire (you wouldn't bet against it !)

Benny-the-Butcher

Ah yes, the paperback version. From before the cowardly edits that made this fan lose all faith in him. I keep coming back to the site hoping that some explanation will surface, but I think it's only too clear what the explanation is.

What an absolute tit!

how about your complete lack of a life? funny how you keep quiet about that.
clown

Rot and burn in hell Ronnie Biggs one man died because of this thieving toe rag and his mates.
Should have stayed overseas but couldn't manage so came back to scrounge of British tax payers instead, no doubt Bore-arsley will be a fan and pay tribute, I smell another tribute download before he's even been put in the oven of hellfire (you wouldn't bet against it !)

Benny-the-Butcher

whats this benjamin, slagging him for things he hasnt done, and would only do in your twisted imagination?
must be a quiet week, barrel scraping comence.

Who said it wasn't expected to chart?

As for new material, I hope he gets the success he deserves with stonkingly good new material, but the records show, for many reasons, not just artistic, Morrissey's sales are in decline and have been for some time. I would be delighted to be proved wrong, but the statistics just aren't in his favour.

P.

Morrissey's album sales have been all over the place in his career - the best sellers have been the brilliant Viva Hate and largely rubbish (but hype driven) YATQ. Arguably his second (or at least third) best album (YA) was one of his worst sellers. So, it hasn't been continuous decline (although it was over the last three albums).
He continues to be a huge cultural icon hence the big sales and all the publicity for Autobiog. With three or even just two great singles on an album, he could easily sell in relatively large numbers. The problem is that he continues to tout People Are the Same Everywhere as the best song he's come up with in the past 5 years when anyone with half decent musical taste can tell that it's one of his worst ever songs (musically and lyrically). If that really is the best he can offer, he doesn't deserve a record deal. If he has got a brilliant song or two among the two albums' worth of new material he should do everyone a favour and start playing it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom