"Autobiography" by Morrissey – review by Stuart Maconie - The Observer

Autobiography by Morrissey – review by Stuart Maconie - The Observer
Brilliant one minute, petulant the next, Morrissey's autobiography is as maddening as the man himself

Excerpt:

Occasionally, he is just plain wrong, as when he states that there was an NME meeting in which the "unnameable" editor – it was Danny Kelly – declared that the paper should "get Morrissey". I was the deputy editor at the time and part of a small but vocal faction who fought Moz's corner and I can tell you, dear reader, that no such meeting ever took place. Misinformed, mischievous or malevolent? Who can say?

Last edited:
Kelly adopts the moron position (one you will be familiar with) whereby he professes to love the Smiths but hates Morrissey the man.

Kelly adopts the moron position (one you will be familiar with) whereby he professes to love the Smiths but hates Morrissey the man.

That's simply untrue. Anyone who has talked to Danny about this knows your statement to be untrue. I've talked to him about Morrissey. Anyone who was in that room at the ICA that night would know your statement is patent nonsense. Simply not true.

P.

Music journalist snapped their fingers and demanded to know why he did a Madness concert when Madness fans were mainly skinheads. Why wave a flag and taunt the poor skinheads? Answer the questions now.

No? then we will slander you forever, over and over.

Power trip by talentless journalists.

Re: Emergency meeting to "Get" Morrissey by journalist Andrew Collins

Did Maconie read the book? He states wrongly that Jake and Morrissey discussed having a child. It was clearly explained that it was him and his girlfriend.

No he doesn't. Maybe you need to practice reading more slowly.

got my copy, paperbag:lbf:

After reading a few thing my finger choose randomly, 2 things I write about the revieuw

1- no-one should write his biography [where's Micheal Bracewell?not Linder;s partner anymore?]

2 Morrissey got the looks from his dad, lovely pic wit his Elvis collection at the time they were just Mr &Mrs Morrissey

3 Morrissey would never openly come out the closet, that would damage his Iconic Cult-Hero fame

'and they say he's mentall' ...you look at me, I laugh at yours... [don't, I know]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom