"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
he also likes girls

God bless you miss Tina ..

My interpretation is that he's attracted to both. He leans more toward men. His description of both of his romances were wildly different. Jake was the blush of first love new obsessive exciting immature destructive "whirlwind" that ended. The one with Tina was grown-up love calm orderly easy supportive and peaceful "we take our place almost without noticing and all is said with such small gestures" and "Tina is my first experience of uncluttered commitment........ Having been raised on scraps this is daunting for me". The interesting bit was that there was no breakup and he writes as if they are still close "lifetime constant" and "to this day" and lists her in acknowledgements. But later on he talks about how lonely his life is and that he lacks love in his life and being on stage is a substitution for it.

There was a feature this morning on BBC Radio 5Live with Tony Livesey about the unveiling of a statue in honour of Frank Sidebottom. At the end they spoke to a friend of Sidebottoms Mike Joyce. Inevitably at the end Livesey asked Joyce if he had read Morrisseys autobiography to which he replied "why would I". When Livesey didnt respond Joyce said, "so you're not going to answer?". Livesey then mentioned that Joyce was negatively mentioned in the book and Joyce replied something to the effect that he didnt think he was the only one. Sorry its not verbatim, I have a bad memory for details :crazy:

There was a feature this morning on BBC Radio 5Live with Tony Livesey about the unveiling of a statue in honour of Frank Sidebottom. At the end they spoke to a friend of Sidebottoms Mike Joyce. Inevitably at the end Livesey asked Joyce if he had read Morrisseys autobiography to which he replied "why would I". When Livesey didnt respond Joyce said, "so you're not going to answer?". Livesey then mentioned that Joyce was negatively mentioned in the book and Joyce replied something to the effect that he didnt think he was the only one. Sorry its not verbatim, I have a bad memory for details

Thanks.

Johnny Barleycorn also reported it:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...uined-everything)?p=1986797944#post1986797944

My interpretation is that he's attracted to both. He leans more toward men. His description of both of his romances were wildly different. Jake was the blush of first love new obsessive exciting immature destructive "whirlwind" that ended. The one with Tina was grown-up love calm orderly easy supportive and peaceful "we take our place almost without noticing and all is said with such small gestures" and "Tina is my first experience of uncluttered commitment........ Having been raised on scraps this is daunting for me". The interesting bit was that there was no breakup and he writes as if they are still close "lifetime constant" and "to this day" and lists her in acknowledgements. But later on he talks about how lonely his life is and that he lacks love in his life and being on stage is a substitution for it.

He seems kind of lonely, with so many friends, fans, what could be missing?

Morrissey,

It's me again. I did flick through it ( I promised, didn't I?), undisturbed. To copy your style "On the worn-out carpet upstairs, I oscillated between consternation and bewilderment." It's not a book, is it? Where are the people anyway? It's clinical, D.O.A. If that's what it's like in your head, noone can blame you for wanting a holiday in the sun.
The way you sum up people who have obviously loved you, is just wrong. It just shows your inability to relate to another human being. "Nancy is a bit lonely, I think". Whoa, how perceptive, kind Genius. "Tina is never late". Well, what a wonderful woman, eh? "Jake likes a joke". Who knew?

The rest, what I saw anyway, is just boring name-dropping, stuffy self-importance and boring facts, facts, facts. Who cares what hotel you stayed at? We're all sorry that glass door hurt you, but we can't help thinking it was probably your fault. You probably just can't open a door, honey. Nevermind close one.

You never realized what you had been given. And looks like a lot of people gave you a lot. Some for free, even.
You just lounge in your own bed, and wait for the next poor sod to turn up, and you pick up olive people in airports, while "other people" are elsewhere raging at your stupidity. Damn, how insightful you are...No wonder your comeback was cocky.

The world has to be protected. You're right. From tedious books that show you nothing about life. You once asked if there was still time to exchange a record for a baby. Looks like you had plenty of opportunities to make one. You decided to save all your energy to write this. That's your legacy.

The soul has gone, the body is decaying, and I'm more convinced than ever that you are unable to love. Anyone. (Poor Kristeen had a lucky escape.You presumably fancied her because she was taken, anyway. -there's a classic for you.)

Oh and thanks for wiping trees out. Lucky that baby wasn't born, or s/he would have been killed in a climate change catastrophe caused by Daddy., you know. Life is oft full of lil ironies like dat.

One last thing, I'm not changing my mind about people because you mock their hairstyling habits. Is anyone? I don't know if Rome was built in a day, I just know that book is no Rome at all. Certainly no work of art. Or Classic. Even as a joke. Nothing made me laugh. The only good bits were written by others!

Still. Take care of yourself, and be gentle with the next unfortunate person who decides you just need to be loved. Or the next male prostitute...

I'm out the door, author. In the real world. With other people; and where, after a fling, you leave them. Pretending all the while they left you, because it makes people cry. And buy. Oh that glass door! Ain't the world cruel...

Yes. So go buy yourself a record. :)

Sounds like Alain Whyte writing in. The tip-off is the "Rome built in a day" joke that Moz offered up to Alain.

Sounds like Alain Whyte writing in. The tip-off is the "Rome built in a day" joke that Moz offered up to Alain.

I was thinking the anonymous feature would be quite interesting after the book came out.

I don't mind if you forgot me. You know i love trees too much. Content to be a song blowing in the wind. You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...My life's not bad, but nothing could make it worse.
Scott Thorson walks into a library, reads chapter "how I lost my sentimental virginity", you know full well that won't, you know, that won't happen to Me.

I'm forever blowing. In the wind. The wind. The wind that's blowing in trees.

And that's enough for me. I'm an AmonymClassic already.

Let's try this one again
Sorry you are sad, I think the world of you, you handsome devil. But, you are too hard to hold and we should never speak........good bye, a

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom