"Autobiography" by Morrissey released (Oct 17, 2013 - UK and Europe)

Autobiography by Morrissey is out now in the UK and Europe on Penguin Classics.

Reviews:

autobiographymorrissey_lrg.jpg

Last edited:
The second half strikes me as decidedly bitchier than the first... but amusingly so. Some lovely lines. I love the one about Johnny smashing his fist into his palm like Burt Ward.

Have we had the credits yet?

"Acknowledgements

to Damon Anacreonte, for encouragement
to Julia Riley, for being everywhere
to Helen Conford, a steady scrutineer
to Tina Dehghani, always level

whatever is sung is the case"

P.

No Linder or James Maker, the usual suspects? Interesting.

Is this Damon person his new "companion"?

P.

:D Yes, ALLRIGHT, whatever you sing, after all, you know best, you're the boss, etc etc.

I can't be driven bonkers as you know; plus, my mother had me tested...But nice try. As always! ;)

This is the hair stylist guy, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Probably. But you will have to wait for the second autobiography to be told. Just like the rest of us. ;)

I hear he's very witty. :) Morrissey likes wit. Would do anything for it. No, really. :D Yes, EVEN stripping!

Well if Tina is his girlfriend that might explain him living in LA often?

What? Sorry I don't understand what are you trying to say in regards to my question. . .

You speculated that Damon is his boyfriend because he's always in the pictures. I'm speculating that he often resides where he also has a girlfriend. Just theorizing, it's really none of our business I suppose.

This is the hair stylist guy, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Yes, I think he is the guy that sort looks like Jake that has been spotted with him in almost every single recent picture.

I think some implied he was his boyfriend but in the typical fashion of certain people on the forum there was aggressive denial. Suppose him getting the first acknowledgement may change their minds?

Maybe it's time everyone agrees he's getting his needs met and call it a day. :D

Yes, I think he is the guy that sort looks like Jake that has been spotted with him in almost every single recent picture.

I think some implied he was his boyfriend but in the typical fashion of certain people on the forum there was aggressive denial. Suppose him getting the first acknowledgement may change their minds?

I think Damon is definitely his significant other. First line in the credits. Plus he's in all those pictures with Moz. Tina? Well I believe she is a dear friend and nothing else. Wanting a baby with her... well, many gay men think of enlisting the help of a female friend when pondering the idea of having a baby. Plus it came about during a time when he was questioning his mortality and the world's humanity and the meaning of life... in a post 9/11 existential mini crisis of sorts.

Have we had the credits yet?

"Acknowledgements

to Damon Anacreonte, for encouragement
to Julia Riley, for being everywhere
to Helen Conford, a steady scrutineer
to Tina Dehghani, always level

P.

PS Uh? Please don't tell me that he really put that in bold characters. Whatever is sung might already be in danger of fainting from too much media attention here. Smelling salts at the ready please!

I think Damon is definitely his significant other. First line in the credits. Plus he's in all those pictures with Moz. Tina? Well I believe she is a dear friend and nothing else. Wanting a baby with her... well, many gay men think of enlisting the help of a female friend when pondering the idea of having a baby. Plus it came about during a time when he was questioning his mortality and the world's humanity and the meaning of life... in a post 9/11 existential mini crisis of sorts.

I do not know if Damon is Moz's partner, but I certainly agree with what you say about his friend Tina.

Getting a bit annoyed with American spelling "Halifax town center" (P231). At least Haworth gets a mention.

P.

150 pages in. God damn, it's making me feeling f***ing depressed. Morrissey's music, contrary to popular opinion, actually makes me happy. But this book is making me really sad. I think it's because his early twenties sound exactly my life now. The difference being he actually had talent which rescued him., whereas I am forever going to be stuck in this awful f***ing rut.

Jackie tried to kill him as a baby? He's set.

Hates Mike Joyce, tries to channel James Joyce, apparently.

A generally positive review on the radio just now, introduced by a short montage of three Smiths songs. Extremely honest and goes further than many suspected, by this account including that he wanted a xaxx with an xxxxxxn xxxax at one point but the attacks on the WTC put him off.

It's a single chapter.

His writing style reminds me of Anais Nin if she had a dark sense of humor. Maybe Anais Nin and Kurt Vonnegut's lovechild.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom