Autobiography by Morrissey: Special Hardback Edition and digital audiobook published today in the UK

Autobiography by Morrissey: Special Hardback Edition and digital audiobook published today in the UK - true-to-you.net

Penguin Classics publish a Special Hardback Edition of Autobiography by Morrissey today in the UK. The Special Hardback Edition is printed in full color, with a number of new images chosen by Morrissey, and includes a complete discography of Morrissey's work.

Penguin Classics also release a digital audiobook of Autobiography by Morrissey today in the UK. The audiobook is read by acclaimed British actor David Morrissey.

autobiography_special_hardback_edition.jpg

No mention of the revisions to the original release mentioned previously:

Curious discrepancies between the Penguin UK/Putnam US editions of Autobiography - Dec. 3, 2013

Re: Autobiography by Morrissey: Special Hardback Edition and digital audiobook published today in th

Audiobook has also had same edits to the Jake bits as the hardback :-(

Re: Autobiography by Morrissey: Special Hardback Edition and digital audiobook published today in th

I'm a bit displeased with the notion that Morrissey himself didn't do his own audio-book. While judging from the soundclound clip, it appears the Guv'nor, oops, I mean David Morrissey did a fine job; I feel Moz would have doubled or tripled sales had he have done the audio himself. just saying that from a marketing point of view.

I'm a bit displeased with the notion that Morrissey himself didn't do his own audio-book. While judging from the soundclound clip, it appears the Guv'nor, oops, I mean David Morrissey did a fine job; I feel Moz would have doubled or tripled sales had he have done the audio himself. just saying that from a marketing point of view.

One doesn't have a dog and bark onself now, does one? If Morrissey had read it I feel the very personal reading and intonation would have given away more than the raw words themselves.

P.

One doesn't have a dog and bark onself now, does one?

??? And why on earth not??? (confused.)

One doesn't have a dog and bark onself now, does one? If Morrissey had read it I feel the very personal reading and intonation would have given away more than the raw words themselves.

P.

I really like it ! he has a relaxing voice and the poetry of the words is more defined when spoken ... think the first half of the book is the best bit anyway , so maybe the 50 pages of bitching and bile may not sound quite so eloquent .

finished the book last night which was a relief so I won't be getting the audiobook

that photo looks like it's a head-on shot cut out and place on his body

Listened to a clip, and not a fan. While I love David Morrissey and I think he has a great voice, I don't think autobiographies should be recorded by anyone other than the author. It just takes me completely out of it when I hear someone saying "I did this bla bla" and you know very well the person reading it did not do that. Morrissey should have just recorded it himself, it's not like he's recording much else these days.

On Penguinclassics.co.uk it still says ....."this book is not yet published..."
Cheers Moz

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Morrissey's autobiography is getting a hardback gift edition with full discography?

I was reading the Johnny interview on Pitchfork and they mention that there is going to be a "autobiography, hardback gift edition with full discography. Does anyone have more info about that? Sounds like it could be really cool but every time something like this happens "Paint a Vulgar Picture" starts playing in my head.. This is a copy and a link to the article.

""Meanwhile, Morrissey's autobiography is getting a hardback gift edition, according to official fansite True to You. Available December 5 through Penguin Classics, it'll be in full color with a bunch of new photos, accompanied by a complete Morrissey discography. It'll also have a different cover.""

http://pitchfork.com/news/53013-johnny-marr-is-writing-an-autobiography-too/

Also, the interview with Johnny is worth a read, apparently he's also putting out a book..

Re: Morrissey's autobiography is getting a hardback gift edition with full discography?

I was reading the Johnny interview on Pitchfork and they mention that there is going to be a "autobiography, hardback gift edition with full discography. Does anyone have more info about that? Sounds like it could be really cool but every time something like this happens "Paint a Vulgar Picture" starts playing in my head.. This is a copy and a link to the article.

""Meanwhile, Morrissey's autobiography is getting a hardback gift edition, according to official fansite True to You. Available December 5 through Penguin Classics, it'll be in full color with a bunch of new photos, accompanied by a complete Morrissey discography. It'll also have a different cover.""

http://pitchfork.com/news/53013-johnny-marr-is-writing-an-autobiography-too/

Also, the interview with Johnny is worth a read, apparently he's also putting out a book..

The full discography is a 'listing' in the hardcover edition which was not in the paperback. It is not the actual physical discography (music).

Re: Morrissey's autobiography is getting a hardback gift edition with full discography?

Chuffed to have just taken delivery of my CD audio book of Autobiography today :) Sad though that there is not even a single info sheet included in the box, just the 11 CD's, looks a bit naked :lbf:

DSCN1830.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom