"Autobiography" No.1 in Uncut Magazine's books of the year

so I've read the article, although there's nothing in it that we didn't know already, it was a nice read. but I'm curious to know that since they asked you, Peter, a couple of questions and all, did you get a free copy or did you have to pay for it?

gasf2ew.jpg

The article in the main magazine is excellent, an inside account of Morrissey's year with contributions from Jesse Tobias, Kristeen Young, Johnny Rogan, Eoin Devereux, and, errr, me.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's 1, I'm happy for Morrissey his so criticed autobiography get ranked highly in the yearly bookprizes

'and they say he;s mentall'...hope he does a cover in Gotenborg, 'the newFAD's-Stockholm would be awesome

ps thanks for the scan also inthe other item

Great article overall!

It's pretty cool that they contacted you for comments, Uncleskinny :thumb: I thought what you said was fair but my first thought was Morrissey wouldn't care for the "more of the same" comment. I do, however, think Morrissey knows for sure when does release a new album he needs to bring it big time.

It's lovely to see Autobiography listed by Uncut as #1 book of the year!! I hope this is the first of many year end lists Autobiography will grace :bow:

Autobiographry reduced to £3.85 on Amazon uk :lbf:

Why the laughing face? Only one laughing is Moz, I'd suggest the cheap paperback price has contributed to so many sales.

And I'm sure penguin have already paid him a hefty sum up front.

Brilliant book, literary highlight of my year. Cheers Moz!

Last edited:
The article in the main magazine is excellent, an inside account of Morrissey's year with contributions from Jesse Tobias, Kristeen Young, Johnny Rogan, Eoin Devereux, and, errr, me.

P.

Thank Christ they asked you to contribute and not Benny or Brummie Boy...

what mean owt for nowt, I read it here lots, it's not new, read it for years

Sorry for being off-topic [as if...]

'and they say he's mentall' ...pass the Dutchy from the UK...

[yesterday it was 200 years the banned King of Orange came from Brittain to the Netherlands, and from that time on our Royals never left , well in WWII to London and Canada, dunno about WWI, we were neutral but in wartime neutral means sometimes nothing]

Why the laughing face? Only one laughing is Moz, I'd suggest the cheap paperback price has contributed to so many sales.

And I'm sure penguin have already paid him a hefty sum up front.

Brilliant book, literary highlight of my year. Cheers Moz!

Don't be so bloody presumptious about it. I was laughing at myself because I paid the full price on Amazon, and was willing to do so. You're not the only one. I still have the tapes from the 80's, so don't presume anything at all about me.

Just read the Uncut piece. Wow. Although ‘Uncle Skinny’ is not named, writer David Cavanagh clearly suggests that he is actually “a Yorkshire based formulation chemist named Peter Finan.” It’s a bit like witnessing the unmasking of Batman. The Uncle Skinny character himself admits he was interviewed for the piece, so he must be this Peter Finan. A chemist, no less. Intriguing.

Great article overall!

It's pretty cool that they contacted you for comments, Uncleskinny :thumb: I thought what you said was fair but my first thought was Morrissey wouldn't care for the "more of the same" comment. I do, however, think Morrissey knows for sure when does release a new album he needs to bring it big time.

It's lovely to see Autobiography listed by Uncut as #1 book of the year!! I hope this is the first of many year end lists Autobiography will grace :bow:

Just read the Uncut piece. Wow. Although ‘Uncle Skinny’ is not named, writer David Cavanagh clearly suggests that he is actually “a Yorkshire based formulation chemist named Peter Finan.” It’s a bit like witnessing the unmasking of Batman. The Uncle Skinny character himself admits he was interviewed for the piece, so he must be this Peter Finan. A chemist, no less. Intriguing.

I'm an open book. What do you you want to know?

P.

I'm an open book. What do you you want to know?

P.

Well, I’ve always wanted to know the origin of the name ‘Uncle Skinny’. I always assumed the ‘Uncle’ was inspired by ‘Kill Uncle’ and the ‘skinny’ referred to your – I can only assume – fashion model thinness. Then again, maybe the name was for completely different reasons or based on some song and I’ve missed something obvious. The Uncut piece doesn’t even mention the evocative ‘Uncle Skinny’ name which is a shame. Please enlighten us. Thanks.

Well, I’ve always wanted to know the origin of the name ‘Uncle Skinny’. I always assumed the ‘Uncle’ was inspired by ‘Kill Uncle’ and the ‘skinny’ referred to your – I can only assume – fashion model thinness. Then again, maybe the name was for completely different reasons or based on some song and I’ve missed something obvious. The Uncut piece doesn’t even mention the evocative ‘Uncle Skinny’ name which is a shame. Please enlighten us. Thanks.

Skinny because I was a skinny kid, and folk called me skinny. Uncle, because there was a character in the Grumbleweeds' (local comedy troupe) routines called Uncle Rubbish, and I put the two together. That's it, really.

P.

oh no, Skinny has been outed as a real person :eek: :lbf::rolleyes:
sorry yeah, he has never really hid his identity as far as I am aware :straightface:
anyways, nice of them to put it at #1, its not mine, maybe in my top 3 for non-fiction though :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom