Average age of Moz gig-goers

Well like the man im 50 , spent my birthday at Barrowlands gig with the wife also huge fan and the 16 year old daughter first Moz gig for her , lost track of the amount of times , saw the Smiths 4 times been all over following his Mozzness . Will be at his 50th at the Apollo :) , we finally got on stage at Newcastle City Hall yatq tour missus first then myself and a big follower got on during TIALTNGO :thumb:
I feel like the character in the film Big im in my mid twenties but stuck in a ageing body , people may think we are weird and mad to be still as obsessed but I will continue to follow to he calls it a day :guitar:
We love to see younger fans at the gigs it means we were right for all these years :)
Now I wonder do Saga do insurance for gig injuries
See you all in Manchester on the 22nd

Well like the man im 50 , spent my birthday at Barrowlands gig with the wife also huge fan and the 16 year old daughter first Moz gig for her , lost track of the amount of times , saw the Smiths 4 times been all over following his Mozzness . Will be at his 50th at the Apollo :) , we finally got on stage at Newcastle City Hall yatq tour missus first then myself and a big follower got on during TIALTNGO :thumb:
I feel like the character in the film Big im in my mid twenties but stuck in a ageing body , people may think we are weird and mad to be still as obsessed but I will continue to follow to he calls it a day :guitar:
We love to see younger fans at the gigs it means we were right for all these years :)
Now I wonder do Saga do insurance for gig injuries
See you all in Manchester on the 22nd
:thumb:
did your daughter enjoy the gig?
how much of an fan is he?
i always found that great if a whole family is a fan of moz..
there is a girl from greece from the forums whose`s familiy: mother , father . sister all all huge fans..they way she told the story was so..awww...
how great is that...

Last edited:
Brixton in May will be my first Moz gig.

I'm 19 and was just wondering what the average age of the atendees will be roughly. I don't really mind either way, just curious. I know a few fellow Moz fans of similar age, but haven't encountered any older, but would imagine the vast majority are considerably older, from The Smiths era etc.

Thoughts...

I'm 16 and have been seeing Mozzy since the age of 11! You aren't alone... :)

At the Edinburgh playhouse i caught his shirt and this women tried to pull it off me telling me i didn't deserve it becuase i was "too young". I was 16 at the time. That really pissed me off:mad:.

I'm nineteen, I was sixteen when I first saw Morrissey just over three years ago.

I'll be 40 on St Stephen's Day this year. Like when I had to navigate 30, I mentally wrote myself off as 40 about 18 months ago. I find it softens the blow?

This year I gave in and bought a flat cap. I can roll it like a proper codger :)

I will also be turning 40 this year and have the advantage of being able to stay down the front even after a few pints as i am eligible for tenna pants.

I'm 17, got into The Smiths a few years ago and Mozza shortly after.

I suppose I get my sublime music taste from my Dad. He had the pleasure of seeing the likes of Pink Floyd, the Stones and The Clash back in the day. :p

I will also be turning 40 this year and have the advantage of being able to stay down the front even after a few pints as i am eligible for tenna pants.

Lol, tenna pants.:lbf:Dear God someone shoot me if I get to that stage.:lbf:

At my school I know of 3 other people who like Morrissey enough to buy his records and go to see him live, one of us is 16, two (including myself) are 17 and one is 18. Other than that I'm lucky to find a FEW friends who like The Smiths where I live/at my school (most of whom, for some bizarre reason, don't like solo Morrissey as well). Everyone else I know thinks Morrissey is rubbish and hate him for no good reason- which is very frustrating. I try and tell them what they're missing out on but they just ignore me.

At the O2 Wireless festival last year there was quite a mix of fans in the crowd which was good, overall I'd still say there were more 35+ people but there were plenty of us youngsters too.
I'm sure that was all very boring, nevermind!...
See you at Brixton!! :D

Lucky! Some of us are all alone out there... See you at Brixton! :D

Tags
methuselan older than the hills
Back
Top Bottom