B-Sides?!

I recently purchased the Dagenham Dave single, and "You Must Please Remember" is an excellent b-side.

Sure is.

This particular image has somehow become my staple avatar on the internet, at all websites. I've just kept it so I'm easily recognized. Not to mention that he was a superb actor!

This one was my avatar back in the good old days (May-July):). Also used it for my imaginary cover for "I Knew I Was Next".

Cheers

My favourite 5 B-Sides are; 1. Oh Well, I'll Never Learn
2. I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
3. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
4. Lucky Lisp
5. Lost

I recently purchased the Dagenham Dave single, and "You Must Please Remember" is an excellent b-side.
Good to see that someone else loves that song, too! I thought I was the only one...

My favourite B-sides:

Jack The Ripper (obviously - as it is also my favourite Morrissey solo song ever)
I'd Love To
Nobody Loves Us
Yes, I Am Blind
Friday Mourning
You Must Please Remember
Whatever Happens, I Love You
This Is Not Your Country
Disappointed
The Public Image
Teenage Dad On His Estate
Skin Storm
I Know Very Well How I Got My Name

Does the extended version of Interlude count?

And, well, I could go on, I tend to like many of his B-sides...

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Edges Are No Longer Parallel!!

Having said that, there is only a hair's breadth between that and Nobody Loves Us.

The Edges are No Longer Parallel
The Never Played Symphonies
Lucky Lisp
The Loop
Sister, I'm A Poet

Catchy songs: singles. Best songs: b-sides. Middlin' songs: album tracks. Some of the best songs hidden as b-sides means an air of mystery that, helpfully, should gloss over the vague disappointment that can arrive with a new album.
Just something I have noticed.

I think only one person bothered to mention :

Disappointed

I personally have a very big soft spot for The Loop also.

my only advice would be buy everything. The Smiths had this un-nerving ability to put hidden gems as b-sides, a lineage that say Oasis (N Gallagher, a public worshipper at the altar of Moz & Marr) continued until only recently (Acquiese is a flaming stormer, a b-side for the sheer smiths-like-arrogance!).

cheers
LP

The Edges are No Longer Parallel
The Never Played Symphonies
Lucky Lisp
The Loop
Sister, I'm A Poet

I more or less agree with you there. Any B-side off Bona Drag basically and most of the quarry ones were great. Also I've changed my plea, of course. Lucky Lisp has to be a favourite though, I can't seem to go a day without singing to myself "they couldn't get over your nine leaf clover, woah-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh".

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice is my favourite

I can't remember what it's the B-Side to. Anyone? It's summat off YATQ...

But anyway. It's class.

Here are my top 10 Morrissey b-sides and top 5 Smiths b-sides (even though the only songs I've seen mentioned have been solo ones)

1: You Must Please Remember
2: Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference
3: Lucky Lisp
4: Jack the Ripper
5: Hairdresser on Fire
6: I've Changed My Plea to Guilty
7: Whatever Happens, I Love You
8: Nobody Loves Us
9: Disappointed
10: Will Never Marry & The Edges Are No Longer Parallel & My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye (dead heat)

1: London
2: Asleep
3: Rubber Ring
4: Unlovable
5: Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice is my favourite

I can't remember what it's the B-Side to. Anyone? It's summat off YATQ...

But anyway. It's class.

Let Me Kiss You along with Friday Mourning and I Am Two People

Back
Top Bottom