"Back On The Chain Gang" enters at #1 in Official Vinyl Singles Chart; not in Top 100 Singles

F671EA14-72A7-4DC0-B2AF-73EE26FD273A.jpeg

"Back On The Chain Gang" enters the UK Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 at #1. It did not chart in the Official Singles Chart Top 100.

UPDATE Dec. 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Number 1 - Morrissey Central
December 1, 2018

"Back On The Chain Gang" by Morrissey has entered the Official UK Vinyl Chart at number 1. U2 entered at number 2, and Paul McCartney entered at number 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, it’s a real chart, and he’s number 1.
Every artist would be proud, and Moz most of all!
With hardly any promotion or airplay to have the best selling vinyl single in the UK is s great archievement.

Lol, it’s a real chart, and he’s number 1.
Every artist would be proud, and Moz most of all!
With hardly any promotion or airplay to have the best selling vinyl single in the UK is s great archievement.

Have you ever seen another artist ever crowing about entering a chart higher than another artist? It's sad, pathetic and sums up how low his career has sunk. I think most artists would be pissed off with circa 2000 sales to be honest, wonder what BMG think?

A guy from the Manchester area who sang shitty pop songs in the 80's and went on to sell 40 million album. He disappeared to spend more time with his family but then released a new album 2 years ago which went straight to number 1 and hit platinum status.

I looked him up and know that one hit wonder from when I was eight or so from movies etc. I figured you meant number one and platinum sales in the uk though it did chart well in Scotland as well. The last album I think was six in the u.k. Neither charged at all here in the u.s. seems like a nice guy

I looked him up and know that one hit wonder from when I was eight or so from movies etc. I figured you meant number one and platinum sales in the uk though it did chart well in Scotland as well. The last album I think was six in the u.k. Neither charged at all here in the u.s. seems like a nice guy

Yes I think he's a nice guy as well. He comes across as very humble in interviews.

Have you ever seen another artist ever crowing about entering a chart higher than another artist? It's sad, pathetic and sums up how low his career has sunk. I think most artists would be pissed off with circa 2000 sales to be honest, wonder what BMG think?

I think most artists take a keen interest on where they are chart wise and I have seen some pretty obnoxious boasting by some on social media.
Morrissey likes the vinyl charts I would imagine, because it is the physical product he grew up with. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's hard to get the same thrill from virtual music.
He's doing very well for an independent musician who is not part of the mainstream industry. He seems very happy on this tour as do his audience.

Well, no artists sell more, so yes, they would be very pleased with being number 1 too.
And BMG are thrilled no doubt, by this ongoing success.

How someone with a keen interest in the music world can say words so sad, is beyond me really??
Why do you think he would not have a right to be pleased with being number 1?

Yeah I have. Most of modern hip hop and pop etc are kinda built around this concept

Well, no artists sell more, so yes, they would be very pleased with being number 1 too.
And BMG are thrilled no doubt, by this ongoing success.

How someone with a keen interest in the music world can say words so sad, is beyond me really??
Why do you think he would not have a right to be pleased with being number 1?

Have no issue with him being pleased but why gloat about being higher than other artists?

Because he has respect for U2 and Paul McCartney and is happy to be in their very good company on top of the charts?
No harm in that I would say. At the very least nothing to be upset about.

Have no issue with him being pleased but why gloat about being higher than other artists?

Because the gruel is so thin these days, but the desire to be a chart-topper is still there. We all remember that angry e-mail he fired off after he accused Sanctuary of blocking him having a number one album. He craves chart-toppers. But he will never ever get another, so he takes solace in the Northern League Division One charts, rather than the Premier League.

Because the gruel is so thin these days, but the desire to be a chart-topper is still there. We all remember that angry e-mail he fired off after he accused Sanctuary of blocking him having a number one album. He craves chart-toppers. But he will never ever get another, so he takes solace in the Northern League Division One charts, rather than the Premier League.
"because the gruel is so thin these days"
OK Charles Dickens, Bah Humbug.

This coming from an attention seeker. Still pestering radio stations?

“Thinking of doing a T-shirt” - que, “Simon, can I use blah blah blah”
Anything to be heard.

NUMBER 1 !!!!!!!

ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL TOUR !!!

THE MAN IS UNSTOPPABLE !!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

MOZ RIDES HIGH!!!!! TRIUMPH!

Johnny Marr must be pulling at his wig from the jealousy, one Moz gig sold more tix than all Johnny tour...
LOL poor wretch....

the haters here, the miserable lot....Skinny, his BF....all making supreme dorks out of themselves LOL

not one ticket will be bought by the 'brown peeps'in SA... FULL HOUSES EVERYWHERE!!

NO 1 RECORD!!

he still needs one more #1 UK single to be even with Paul Morrissey of children's show Bob the Builder fame.

Attachments

• IMG-2734.jpg
    IMG-2734.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom