Band lineup for upcoming tour

King Leer

Leering since '97
This query may have been posted earlier but a few problems have cropped up here in Japan recently so I haven't been following Morrissey news as closely as I'd like! I guess this could go in the Tour forum but there's also the issue of the live lineup vs. the eventual studio one.

Early days I know but anybody hear/know anything about the band lineup for the upcoming tour? Think the keyboard will still be present?

And is there a sense new material will be aired?

Re: Band lineup for upcoming tour...

This query may have been posted earlier but a few problems have cropped up here in Japan recently so I haven't been following Morrissey news as closely as I'd like! I guess this could go in the Tour forum but there's also the issue of the live lineup vs. the eventual studio one.

Early days I know but anybody hear/know anything about the band lineup for the upcoming tour? Think the keyboard will still be present?

And is there a sense new material will be aired?

Someone confirmed that Boz had replied to their question on Facebook about the band. He didn't comment on the line up, only confirmed that they hadn't started rehersals yet.

I expect that it'll be the same line up as Refusal plus or minus Kris Pooley. As to new material.....I dunno. Part of me thinks no as this is in support of a Greatest Hits tour but then again 'Mama' got debuted on the last Greatest Hits tour (and did AYNIM?) so fingers crossed.

Someone confirmed that Boz had replied to their question on Facebook about the band. He didn't comment on the line up, only confirmed that they hadn't started rehersals yet.

I expect that it'll be the same line up as Refusal plus or minus Kris Pooley. As to new material.....I dunno. Part of me thinks no as this is in support of a Greatest Hits tour but then again 'Mama' got debuted on the last Greatest Hits tour (and did AYNIM?) so fingers crossed.

Indeed, as did THPGU, SISMS and ODGWBF.

I reckon we might get 1-2 new songs but I'm also hoping for a much changed setlist and no more butcherings of TCM like they were doing on the last tour! :sick:

yeah in some thread about he lineup it was also startd that jesse was asked by a fan abou beig in the line up but hasnt replied yet.

new material?
what about morrissey`s comment to the weitz guy who is supposed to shoot the tour? to weitz moz allegedly has said he wasnt in a writing mode lately

Last edited:

i have a feeling that boz will be the only familiar face and he might bring in some players from the past or just get some new hired guns.

It's funny. I've been thinking 'bout that this morning and I was considering to ask Boz about rehases amd lineup. I think Morrissey will bring YoR and Swords tour back. Of course Boz will play.. he's restless.

I predict the same line up with a new keyboard player.

Hopefully Mikey will re-join the Lads. :pray:

I imagine Gustavo Manzur, who played on the Swords tour, will resume his post at keyboard. Moz was seen around LA with him in the months following the end of the tour, so one would think they're still on good terms.

What the hell has Alain been doing that he couldn't come aboard? Please?!?!

Nice compilation of the bits we know so far. As "captain of the ship" Boz must remain -- he's like Morrissey's Scotty Moore.
Personally I'd like to see Mikey come back and a surprise on lead guitar. Someone really respected or an unknown prodigy.

Are people generally happy with the bass-drum battery of the Walker brothers? Are they lawnmower parts? Do you like one but not both?

Always thought it was too bad Gary was out when he was really coming into his own as a bassist for Moz. Some great stuff from the Ringleader sessions.

Are people generally happy with the bass-drum battery of the Walker brothers? Are they lawnmower parts? Do you like one but not both?

Always thought it was too bad Gary was out when he was really coming into his own as a bassist for Moz. Some great stuff from the Ringleader sessions.

Brothers form the BEST rhythm sections. I thought they were awesome.

Gary was great, just not as a New York Doll!

Nice compilation of the bits we know so far. As "captain of the ship" Boz must remain -- he's like Morrissey's Scotty Moore.
Personally I'd like to see Mikey come back and a surprise on lead guitar. Someone really respected or an unknown prodigy.

I too would like Mikey back, he seemed a really nice guy, the crowd loved him. I agree with the Gary sentiment on Ringleader - see my post yesterday on I Will See You - his finsest work I believe. But I really like the Walker Bros. I would be happy to see them back.

Jesse's not going anywhere unless he's done something to offend Morrissey in the interim or is doing something of his own, which seems unlikely as you hear very little about him when he's nto touring with Moz.

I predict the same line up as the Refusal tour.

Re: tour lineup

Boz-guitars
Tobias-guitars
walker-bass
bro walker-drumms
keyboard- well I fuess Kris Pooley

this is what I'm thinking though wished other than Boz, it would be another line up, again with Gary and Alain
and the Walker Drummer, Mikey on keyboards and other percussion

Re: tour lineup

Boz-guitars
Tobias-guitars
walker-bass
bro walker-drumms
keyboard- well I fuess Kris Pooley

this is what I'm thinking though wished other than Boz, it would be another line up, again with Gary and Alain
and the Walker Drummer, Mikey on keyboards and other percussion

Quite like the Walker boys. Glad to hear he's holding onto them a while longer. They're all splendid musicians, but they're not taking very long to rehearse for this mini tour, so i think they'll be playing pretty much the same core songs as last time.

Band Members for 2011?

will we see any changes from 2009?

Back
Top Bottom